Click here for more!

Character collision off without using tcl is it possible?

I was wondering if it's possible through a mod or through other methods other than using console command tcl to turn off collision but the only exception to the rule is no collision with your player and npcs?

What I'm trying to achieve is basically when ever I pose a follower and my character, I'd like for my character to get very close to the follower but the collision prevents my character from doing so. If using command tcl, it's possible, but if I follow that up with tfc, the collision will enable again. What seems to happen is tfc will take over tcl and collision will enable again.

I guess if not, might be due to hard coded in the game engine. *shrugs*

Edited by Guest

The only instance I've ever seen of that in a Bethesda game is when using furniture.  Characters will pass through one another while entering/exiting furniture classified as beds or chairs.  Special furniture (forges, tanning racks, etc.) will leave the collision on.  Sitting/sleeping also affects the hit boxes, but special furniture doesn't.  Skyrim is fucked anyway since a chicken can push the player out of the way.

On 9/12/2017 at 6:10 PM, endgameaddiction said:

I was wondering if it's possible through a mod or through other methods other than using console command tcl to turn off collision but the only exception to the rule is no collision with your player and npcs?

What I'm trying to achieve is basically when ever I pose a follower and my character, I'd like for my character to get very close to the follower but the collision prevents my character from doing so. If using command tcl, it's possible, but if I follow that up with tfc, the collision will enable again. What seems to happen is tfc will take over tcl and collision will enable again.

I guess if not, might be due to hard coded in the game engine. *shrugs*

there's a mod that let you turn off collision using a key you set in MCM, i think it's called screenshot hotkeys... i don't know if this can help you.

4 hours ago, Karma199696 said:

there's a mod that let you turn off collision using a key you set in MCM, i think it's called screenshot hotkeys... i don't know if this can help you.

If you mean this mod, I'll check it out, Thanks :)

• 4 months later...

I just recently discovered there is a way to remove collision from an NPC through console command.

In order to do this you have to make the NPC go unconscious by using this command setunconscious 1 with the NPCs ID enabled on screen so that the command targets that specific NPC. Once you do that, you want to create a save and reload the save. When the save is reloaded the NPC will still play the animation or pose but their eyes will be shut because they are unconscious. However, you can now walk in and out of the NPC.

With MFG console or any similar mod, you can open their eyes again and give them an expression so they don't look like some dead dumby next to you.

setunconcsious 1 makes them unconscious

setunconscious 0 makes them conscious again

If you plan to do this, I strongly advise you to create a hard save (not quicksave) before attempting this so you can revert to when that NPC was conscious IF you have no method of getting the NPC to stand back up.

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...

Well, need not to worry anymore because this mod: Disable Follower Collision allows you to do what I was specifically looking for. It works if you have a follower following or waiting. Doesn't work when they are dismissed. And the beauty is that it's an SKSE file that can be toggled on and off like a light bulb via console command.

kermitthefrog.jpg

Edited by endgameaddiction
forgot "if" in my sentence....
  • Haha 1