The Elder Scrolls VI - Bethesda released teaser on E3

zilvradrow

3 hours ago, zilvradrow said:

Guys... give us a Date - 2020? 

Probably 2022 like nsfwmodszzz said.

For me this was a "meh" announcement. We all know they're going to make another Elder Scrolls and that it's going to be a long ways away. Not sure why they bothered.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2018 at 12:03 PM, Doublezero said:

Probably 2022 like nsfwmodszzz said.

For me this was a "meh" announcement. We all know they're going to make another Elder Scrolls and that it's going to be a long ways away. Not sure why they bothered.

They want to start the hype machine early... Many companies seem to be doing this now. Sad really. a simple Public release that indicated the next games they are working on is good enough. The absence of info or images will give more to the effect and anticipation than giving such early images... also, like MEA might actually work against them if they have to lower the graphic quality as they did in MEA. 

On 6/11/2018 at 1:50 PM, Kendo 2 said:

Online only, creation club only, no mods, no thanks.

I don't have a problem with those types of games. I have many, many games (many I haven't even played yet lol). That isn't the problem. The problem is they are trying to capture "their" customer base which is gamers that like customizing their games and modding the living shit out of them. Using the IP that did this for years and years and not providing the same level of possibilities... is going to bite them on their asses very bad. More than I suspect they believe. 

Instead they need to create a new IP... (maybe OK to use that universe) but make it clear it isn't part of the old system. Then add the crap they want to the game. Even then there will be a stink but not as bad as I suspect will happen they way they are going. 

I'd love them to create a TES/Fallout world with all the current features but more of a PUG G setup... not much in the way of story or quest. Just some basics. lol. Then the community can add things ... :D 

• 2 years later...

I have no doubt that TES6 will look on-point when it comes to the landscape. If there is one thing I can give Bethesda Games Studio credit for, they know how to do a fantastic job with the landscapes. 🏁

I think the major concern for the modding community is seeing Bethesda further distance themselves from the mod community all to commercialize even more on microtransactions. I don't think it's hyperbolic to think that every iteration that is released in the times to come will only come with a lesser version of the Creation Kit. Given that money seems to be the most concern with these publishers. It's better to doubt and be skeptical and hope you are proven wrong for the better, than to be willfully blind and gullible only to have your expectations tarnished in my opinion.

As much as I don't like Bethesda right now, I would hope that they've learned their lesson from being too cocky and arrogant, Tom Howard. I'd hate to sit out on another game to mod because Bethesderp decided to screw up again. It's exactly 7 years as of today from when I officially got into Skyrim back in 2014. I'm tired... Need something new to nudify. :wub: But given their track record, I doubt it. :/ I do look forward to SkyBlivion and SkyWind. Though, I hope the VA is good for those, because I have a very low tolerance for bad VA with mods. >.<

Edited by endgameaddiction