Fallout 76

I don't know about FO76 being a long-term financial success for Bethesda.  Sure the game will make them millions, but they can never buy back the goodwill, brand loyalty or blind devotion they once had.  A lot of people have come to their senses and the free passes Bethesda got in the past won't happen again; they've joined the ranks of EA and Ubisoft.  I seriously doubt the trademark Bethesda secrecy and hype-train will ever work like it did before.  No amount of money can replace that and their future sales for other games will suffer for it.

Eventually Todd Howard will walk out on stage somewhere and start lying about Starfield.  'Our new engine, the game can do this and that, our most ambitious project ever', etc.  Fanbois will squee, guys like us will be thinking 'Fuck you, prove it' and a whole swath of potential players will be thinking about FO76 and the PR disaster that surrounded it.

On 12/16/2018 at 8:34 AM, endgameaddiction said:

GrimReaper learned for himself that feedback means absolute shit because every concern is taken with a grain of salt. And they have their wimpy cheerleading bois side-by-side defending them.

GrimReaper was one of those site fanbois and both DocSax and Gregathit went out of their ways to do creative thread clean ups to make him out to be the innocent victim.  He used the same bullshit SJW tactics in that FO76 thread as he did with Andromeda and FO4; attack the poster, not what they posted.  If the LL staff will turn on a boot licker they'll turn on anyone.  The dude is a cunt so I don't care, but at least you know the staff over there is consistent in their lack of awareness fuckery.

I now return you to B(EA)thesda and the FO76 dumpster fire. :D

EDIT: and the LL staff is still deleting anything negative that has to do with Grimreaper.  He calls people liars and attacks them and his posts stay up.  Anyone pointing out what he did gets their posts deleted.

• Like 1

Fallout 76 Player Count on PS4 Could be Even Lower Than Suspected

My PS4 Life was recently released by Sony, giving players a way to see their 2018 trophies and top games played. However, it seems that the videos may have had an unintended side-effect; giving gamers a way to work out the player counts of games on the PS4. Figures for almost 100 games, including the Fallout 76 player count, have now been calculated by Gamstat. If accurate, it would suggest that the number of Fallout 76 players on PS4 is well below Bethesda’s expectations.

Gamstat’s methodology for working out player counts is based on two figures. One part of the My PS4 Life videos reveals both the number of people who earned certain trophies, and the percentage of total players who earned that same trophy. In the case of Fallout 76, for instance, 8.3% of players earned the “Photo Bomber” trophy. Specifically, that’s 33,764 players. As a result, it can be calculated that around 406,795 people have played Fallout 76 on PS4, if just under 34,000 constitutes 8.3% of the total player base. Given that PlayStation is currently the dominant console in the console market, that figure is likely to be higher than the player count figure on Xbox One.

That figure, if accurate, is well below Bethesda’s prior claims that the game has “millions” of players. Indeed, other recent releases boast much higher figures. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 has around 9.2 million, while FIFA 19 has 12.5 million. However, there’s a few things to take into account before accepting these figures as fact. Firstly, PlayStation has not confirmed the accuracy of the methodology, and is unlikely to do so. As a result, there could be factors at play which people are unaware of.

Some factors that we do know, however, is that in some cases the numbers could be region specific and not reflect the entire global audience of a particular game. Additionally, they may have been taken from a particular window in time as far back as the 20th of November; only shortly after the launch of Fallout 76. Given all of that, you should probably take the figures with a grain of salt. However, even if the exact numbers aren’t accurate, the player count is clearly below expectations; perhaps even more so than already suspected. If so, Bethesda faces an uphill battle to fix Fallout 76’s problems and regain the support of the community in 2019.

https://www.vgr.com/fallout-76-player-count-on-ps4-could-be-even-lower-than-suspected/

• Like 1

Over at LL; pom-pom shaking FO76 fangurl pathes13 succeeded in getting the thread locked.  I'll give 5 to 1 odds with the vig and a push that she's a single mother and a fucking Democrat.  But never fear, CPU to the rescue.  And of course her attacks on other members are still visible, even though the staff there loves deleting shit.  Epic moderation 10/10.

Well I'll be... Almost makes me want to repost his Skyrim investigation vids. They were good but meh...fanboys.

Bethesda's biggest issue with 76 is no creation kit. As bad as this game is, if people like Arthmoor had it, he'd fix the problems in a heart beat. And people would have excused the game in the current state. This is a prime example of what a Bethesda game actually is when you release a game without any creation kit.

They would of pulled this many years ago, they would of out of business. No one in their right mind would of ever bought their games on PC.

Edited by endgameaddiction

On 12/19/2018 at 9:50 AM, Kendo 2 said:

Over at LL; pom-pom shaking FO76 fangurl pathes13 succeeded in getting the thread locked.  I'll give 5 to 1 odds with the vig and a push that she's a single mother and a fucking Democrat.  But never fear, CPU to the rescue.  And of course her attacks on other members are still visible, even though the staff there loves deleting shit.  Epic moderation 10/10.

I just took a gander over at the 76 thread. The sooner people realize LL is NOT the place for chit chatting the better. I hope the staff continue to become more strict and show brute force on trolls and wrong thinkers with "hate speech" aka different opinion. Let it become Nexus 2.0.

Oh yeah, thanks for the reminder. Idiot me forgot to clear my cookies. 👍

Edited by endgameaddiction

2 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

The sooner people realize LL is NOT the place for chit chatting the better.

Unfortunately it's not just LL. Wherever idiots are allowed to talk, cancer takes over the place. Some people are just like the Mouth of Sauron, they have a mouth that isn't attached to a brain or attached to someone else's.

• Haha 1