Fallout 76

2 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

That's the problem. And it's not a millennial+ generation issue full of stupid willfully blinded morons who know little to no basic economics. You have grown ass adults who cater to these predatory practices so long as they continue to get their fix.

Actually that reminded me there is a ... if not actually... a 50 year old or so that I have met and plays fallout 76... not a dumb ass.. works and makes good money in the IT/programing field. He enjoys the game. I thought he was just fucking around but he is well aware of the updates and all the issues (game related not the bullshit with the bag and shit) He states he enjoys the game and "all games have glitches and problems" and that "you have to give companies the time to fix them" ...  So your statement of "grown ass adults" is correct at least in this case... In fact... it is the "millennial" that I know that has the greatest issues with the game. It is crap and not worth their time is the general consensus... They go play forthnight and other games that Bethesda only dreams of being

Your anecdotal evidence won't be enough to save the Millennials I'm afraid, for it's not just the video games that were ruined by them. However, shitty games we have today have more to do with the amount of "casual" gamers regardless of their generation, which is currently in its highest ever. Gamers who have years of experience with many games and people who have experience in game development or modding are more likely to notice shitty trends in gaming and react to it.

Edited by bjornk

2 hours ago, bjornk said:

shitty games we have today have more to do with the amount of "casual" gamers regardless of their generation, which is currently in its highest ever. Gamer who have years of experience with many games and people who have experience in game development or modding are more likely to notice shitty trends in gaming and react to it.

I see that point.. but I also see that corporations are trying to cash in and taking every opportunity to do so. they fail (go to far) they pull back and then try another approach again and again until it sticks... They keep on pushing the boundary's again and again.  That combined with the increase in casual gamers is really damaging quality of games. Eventually they managed to succeed.. (Creation Club) and get something they have been working on for a very long time (not stating it is a success but people basically given up on that issue) It is just a matter of them holding out and continuing to force their ideas and tricks on their customers before they finally give in.

Oh how I now long for the bugs and glitches from the old Fallout 3, NV and even old rim. Where horse armor is outlandish and everyone is outraged from such a thing....

I'm waiting until they decide all this negative press isn't worth it and they start shutting down their servers... they didn't setup the system to allow private servers yet... did they?  With all they are doing, and all the negative press, I can easily see them doing so without any warning...

11:40...

I remember watching some chick's youtube video a long time ago, during the time when FO76 was official and getting a huge backlash. She was defending the developers because they are just doing what they are told and that it's the upper managements fault. But what she doesn't understand is that they are part of the problem. Just like fanboys when they continue to support these bad practices that affect us all.

If all of this was only centered around Bethesda, it wouldn't matter.  But it spreads across the industry like a plague and takes a toll on us because we begin to have less and less games to support because more companies adapt to the idea of predatory practices through micro-transactions. That's why I officially decided after Skyrim that I would never support Bethesda again. For as long as I do, I feed into the problem.

You can bet when corporations start to put their dirty fingers into something, it's bound to go bad. They did it with the music industry and we have the worst music with no talented "artists". Till this day mainstream music, for the most part, remains to be garbage. Even more so when mainstream is filled with libtards.

Fallout 76 isn't just a game, it's a 'Fallout platform'

Fallout 76 could be the future of Fallout games at least for the foreseeable future.

Fallout doesn't exactly work too well as an online-only live game. So when will it return to its singleplayer-driven roots with a tangible story arc, modding, console commands, and narrative-driven NPCs? Maybe not for a long time. We know Bethesda is making two next-gen projects that will not only push its tech to new heights, but promise to deliver "big and crazy" experiences: its brand new space epic IP Starfield, and The Elder Scrolls VI. At this stage, Fallout 76 could be the last Fallout game we get for a while. This makes sense given the tremendous investment Bethesda has put into Fallout 76, and what it could mean for the future. We've long outlined the path of live games here at TweakTown, and if successful, these games often live on for years and years. Bethesda hopes Fallout 76 will do the same. In fact, studio exec Todd Howard says the game is the start of a kind of Fallout platform. It's possible Fallout 76 is just the beginning of an expansive ecosystem that ties into an online framework for continued content, releases, and engagement (aka what all live games are).

"Our goal moreso is to build a kind of Fallout platform. Even we don't know everything it'll become. We have tons of ideas and it's been kind of a wild journey so far, but we're excited where it's at and there's a lot of cool content coming," Howard said in a recent Bethesda Game Days panel at PAX East.

"Even though we feel like we're doing so much, there's much, much more to do and we have so many ideas."

Fallout 76 was made for three big reasons: 1) Bethesda wanted to test out another experiment to see if Fallout would fit into an online wrapper; 2) the studio and its parent company ZeniMax Media are chasing live game revenues via microtransactions; and 3) to ensure the IP lives on while Bethesda moves on to other big multi-year projects.

In many ways, Fallout 76 was designed to mimic The Elder Scrolls Online.

The online-only Fallout is kind of a stop-gap that'll earn money over time via microtransactions, and keep players invested in the series in between big game releases. Even Wolfenstein is being forced into this approach: the new game, Youngblood, is an online co-op game designed to make money via microtransactions and engage players while MachineGames works on Wolfenstein 3.

The Elder Scrolls Online has engaged millions of players in between Skyrim and the upcoming Elder Scrolls VI, and Fallout 76 might do the same. If Bethesda fixes it, of course.

But this isn't exactly news. All live games are platforms-within-a-platform. The news here is that Fallout 5 is probably a long, long ways away. Sure we had clues from Bethesda's upcoming games slate, but the affirmations that Fallout 76 is a big sticking point for the studio strongly hints it's all we'll get for a while to come...which is a bit troubling.

Plus it indicates Bethesda could push forward into a more controlled and consolidated ecosystem for its games.

Bethesda.net is the first real push for this control. The studio originally locked most of its first-party games to the platform on PC, but luckily relented and will launch its titles on Steam. Any kind of online integration or mod support must run through the service, though. There's also the Creation Club, the studio's attempt at resurrecting paid mods for consoles and PC.

These initiatives were just the beginning, and Fallout 76 represents another big move in its plans. Not only will we see more and more Bethesda properties adapted into live-oriented games (Wolfenstein: Youngblood has online co-op with microtransactions, for example), but we could see a more unified push into this games-as-a-platform approach that ties titles within Bethesda.net.

This could be a great idea in some respects. But from what we've seen from Fallout 76, Bethesda has a lot to learn about live games and how to manage specific services.

Luckily it looks like Bethesda will go back and forth between live games and the singleplayer experiences we all know and love.

"Fallout 76 is a very very new thing for our studio. We knew that we were going to have a lot of bumps coming out with the game, and we definitely had some, and some of them were harder than we anticipated. This was a very new and different project for us," Todd Howard continued in the panel.

"We're still doing other things that are more traditional Bethesda games."

hatever this new Fallout platform becomes, I hope it still has room for offline singleplayer play. I'd had to see Bethesda pivot totally into the realm of service gaming because they're not very good at it so far...at least when Fallout 76 is involved.

Read more: https://www.tweaktown.com/news/65494/fallout-76-game-fallout-platform/index.html

What traditional means to them means something much greater to us. What Turd Howard really means by traditional is more games like Skyrim Special Edition and Fallout 4. Continue with Creation Club and half arsed DLCs like Hearthfire and those worthless workshops in FO4.

What traditional means to us is go back to the Morrowind and Fallout 3 days where they actually made DLCs and there was no Creation Club..

Edited by endgameaddiction
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

They're prepping up the bugs to go with the canvas bag. This kind of stuff takes time. You know, like FO76 and everything they made before it.

You know... I laughed at that and dismissed it.. A few hours later and now .. if I had been waiting for these bags, I'd be worried.  Bugs, = poor stiching, uneven handles, poor zippers and quite possibly the best bug off all... the graphics reversed and/or upside down... with the possibility of it being in any language than what was ordered as well.. 

It does take alot of work to fuck something up really bad.

The zipper tag has too much physics and is going bonkers. "No silly that's just the wind." -Todd

But you promised x16 the detail. "It does, look at all that sewing." -Todd

Okay, okay, but you also said it was x4 times the size. "I did, but what I really was referring to was the price tag. See, you're not paying 200USD for a cardboard CD, no. We're actually giving you that for free along with the thin plastic helmet and the non brand batteries. No, this exclusive collectors edition was always about the nylon bugs bags. Canvas I mean. -Todd

Edited by endgameaddiction

7 months later, Bethesda has finally delivered the Fallout 76 canvas bags

Seven months after Fallout 76 came out, Bethesda has finally delivered the canvas bags those who bought the £179.99 Power Armour Edition of the game thought they were going to get originally.

For the uninitiated, the backlash to Fallout 76 "bag-gate", or as our Emma likes to call it, "the kerduffel", saw an outcry from owners of the Fallout 76 Power Armour Edition of the game, which was supposed to come with a canvas West Tek bag but instead came with a cheap nylon alternative.

In total, the episode saw Bethesda issue curt customer service responses, retrospectively change the advertising on its website, claim the reason for the swap was due to the price of canvas, and initially apologise with a meagre amount of in-game currency (along with laying the blame for those customer service responses on a temporary contract worker). It was all a bit of a mess.

In December 2018, Bethesda said it was manufacturing replacement canvas bags - and now they're turning up.

Redditor Andarne reported theirs turned up, and posted some pictures of the final article online, including one shot comparing the cheap nylon bag with the new canvas bag.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-finally-delivered-the-fallout-76-canvas-bags

1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

So six months later customers get what they paid for.  Par for the course for Bethesda and FO76 these days.

If that was the case...

Fallout 76 woudn't be the glitchy piece of shit it is... The Creation Club would have "major quest" and other things.

If someone's mouth is moving at Bethesda... it is 95% likely they are spouting lies, the last 5% Is intentional misleading statements. At least in this instance they had to deliver on their promised goods.

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...