Hobbies: What other Hobbies do you have?

18 hours ago, vancleef said:

Cowpoke Kendo. I like that image, you riding the range wearing an impossibly huge hat.

More like me on a 4-wheeler wearing a baseball cap...with a beer in a koozie.

• Haha 1
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Got a surprise for my garden today.  One of my sister's friends dropped off two lemongrass plants.  She grows them as an ornamental plant in flower beds?  Whuddever; I have lemongrass now.  And my 'Ci

Finally started re-building my 28mm French & Indian War collection. Sold off my old collection a few years back since my painting skills have advanced so much further since I did the original figu

Finished up a giant pile of Star Wars minis this past week. 12-year old me was very excited  about this job!  

Posted Images

Scratch built a bank for my miniature Western collection. Had the most fun with the safe.
1270546447_Bank001.jpg.8137695924abd5784d8ee565394022d4.jpg

Spoiler

1850164859_Bank002.jpg.c5650829ee15f697d53596fa8ac5a1f3.jpg

Spoiler

1434784807_Bank003.jpg.7cfd9e585ba6214a0f0c811c5b5d78fd.jpg

Spoiler

1445372371_Bank004.jpg.fcdd99e2d8eeacc63c9cc9f8e4a5f636.jpg

And here are the jerks that are going to try and rob it!

Spoiler

McSorleys.thumb.jpg.9a5981657218090c901bec7ec78cfd25.jpg

• Like 2
On 4/29/2021 at 10:47 PM, vancleef said:

Scratch built a bank for my miniature Western collection. Had the most fun with the safe....
....And here are the jerks that are going to try and rob it!

You should do the saloon from Tombstone.

• Like 1

The garden is doing far better than last year.

Spoiler
  • I have so many fruit and blossom sets on the Roma tomatoes that I've had to tie them up twice to keep the branches off the ground; that's even with the lower branches trimmed up by about a foot.  It may be a 'bumper crop'.
  • All the potatoes set bloom maybe two weeks ago (a month ahead of schedule).  They'll probably start dying back by late May or early June and be ready to dig.  Hopefully I'll have enough Summer left to do a crop of beans in the potato beds.
  • Squash and beans are doing their thing and there was enough green on the onions to cut them back.
  • Everything else is on schedule.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

The garden is doing far better than last year.

Hide contents
  • I have so many fruit and blossom sets on the Roma tomatoes that I've had to tie them up twice to keep the branches off the ground; that's even with the lower branches trimmed up by about a foot.  It may be a 'bumper crop'.
  • All the potatoes set bloom maybe two weeks ago (a month ahead of schedule).  They'll probably start dying back by late May or early June and be ready to dig.  Hopefully I'll have enough Summer left to do a crop of beans in the potato beds.
  • Squash and beans are doing their thing and there was enough green on the onions to cut them back.
  • Everything else is on schedule.

How are the cows doing? Have you had any problems with rustlers?
😉

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

You should do the saloon from Tombstone.

The bank was inspired by one in Tombstone that I took lots of photos of when I was there.

This one is from a few years back that I constructed, inspired by Tombstone's famous Birdcage Theater:

Spoiler

birdcage.jpg.fd0908ca4226d2731ae7d28008667cbc.jpg

I have a large saloon interior that I built years back for replicating Barroom Brawls in miniature. But I want to do a new one now that my skills have improved.

Edited by vancleef
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, vancleef said:

How are the cows doing? Have you had any problems with rustlers?

Whitney has taken over the steers.  They like her better than me anyway.  She talks baby talk to them and they follower her around like dogs.

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Whitney has taken over the steers.  They like her better than me anyway.  She talks baby talk to them and they follower her around like dogs.

That is, like, the most awesome thing I've heard this week!