Hobbies: What other Hobbies do you have?

endgameaddiction

I've started making soap as a side hustle since I have an overabundance of herbs.  I brew a double strength tea from the fresh herbs, heat-infuse organic grocery store olive oil with fresh herbs, and dehydrate and grind the herbs to use as a powdered coloring.  I can get grass-fed beef tallow for pennies a pound or free lard from feral hogs; just have to wet process it and filter it a few times.  I'm not using anything synthetic in the soaps so they are as 'all natural' as you can get.  I've made oregano, basil, sage and lemon grass soap so far.  They smell great but it's real subtle.  The feedback so far has been positive.

My 'big project' is going to be sugarcane soap, but I'm going to have to break down and drop the $20 for a digital refractometer since the hydrometer I use for hooch won't work.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

For the past week I have been looking to add a third guitar to my collection. This time I want to add a Les Paul style guitar. I have thought about a Schecter Solo II Custom since Schecter is pretty much the only brand I've been playing for the last 20 out of 27 years because the first 7 years I just couldn't find that guitar and brand that felt right for my left hand on the neck and fretboard. Never owned a Gibson because their necks were just too fat for my hands., The neck on Ibanez were always too wide for my hands. I owned a Jackson RR5 long ago and a ESP Kirk Hammet Signature guitar with the skull and cross bones long ago as well and they were not bad. I recently checked out Wolf Guitars and I know first hand that guitars made in South Korea are high quality. In fact, all the Schecter guitars I've owned have been made in South Korea.  So these are 2/3 I'm considering.

Spoiler

Just found an updated version.

I mentioned 2/3... The third option is buying a guitar locally made here from Sin City Guitar. I'd like to go and see his selection and get a feel for the guitars first. 

After watching this video, I'm going to give some support to Jin. Mad respect for the quality control that him and his small team does to specify each guitar to the player's needs. Most of all, Even more respect for wanting to maintain the company small instead of expanding it because he chooses quality over more money. 

• Like 1