Dev - A Naughty and Immersive Skyrim

Anatriax

13 minutes ago, ritualclarity said:

Unless you need to keep them separate you can merge them when you install them. Just be sure to install the main module first of any mod then the add on's in proper order and you would be fine. If something goes wrong just go back and reinstall them again. No harm will occur.

Now this is if you want to keep them totally separate. I often times allow the mods to overwrite each other for the same mod. for example COT. I let install over each other It works just fine. This helps keep the entries on the left side smaller. Also if you ever wish to start merging mods by scripts (or experiment and try to merge them) it is easier as they are all int he same folder...

Also when you find that there is an update.... the entire installation can be redone. (new entry) with all the required mods installed, yet again in order and a new version given (with the name.) Test this new update and see if you like it if so delete the old one. If you have old profiles that need it.. keep it. Less difficult later to find all the little add on mods this way.

No. You cannot merge them. They have to be installed separately, in different places in the install order. 

Phase 5 covers when and where each is to be placed and when it is to be activated.

• Like 1

Like I said .. if you want to keep them separate. :P

Is there a naming convention that is advised to help keep track of what they are and where they are going to be placed in the order?

I have been too busy this weekend with work and RL to be able to continue. I was thinking of just going back when I do have time and starting over for both accuracy and to redo it and see what the users would see. This might help re-proof read the tutorial for clarity which is what we are focusing on right now. It took forever before because there was some work need for clarity and flow. Now it is much better it shouldn't be very  hard or time consuming to get them done.

Also I have a minor glitch or so that I haven't figured out where it went wrong. Most likely my end.In this case it might be faster to rework it. (I only got to Phase IV done). Thoughts

I'll make notes at the end of each phase to run LOOT, and run through the vanilla intro sequence. 

While the vanilla intro sequence may not be the most intense way to test framerates and stability, it IS the one that's the most easily replicated. 

But generally: If everything is followed to the letter, a load test isn't really needed.

• Like 1

I looked through the tweaks and they look awesome, nice and clear and easy to follow. You want to keep MO together with Skyrim. Do you think it matters if its on an separate SDD (both). I am thinking on using one of my older SSDs for this. Also if possible how big is the entire Skyrim folder for you now that you are almost complete with your tutorial. So I can budget my space for the install

29 minutes ago, ritualclarity said:

Off topic but I did transfer my SKSE installation tutorial over here just a few minutes ago. It has a PDF for download as well (includes photos). Just an FYI.

Cool. I may replace my SKSE section with your directions, just formatted to fit the guide standard.

3 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

You like it? If not let me know if there are some changes you would suggest. I am currently working on FNIS.

It's fantastic :)

I'm going to streamline the guide some tomorrow night. Add some new spoilers and make some more refined edits. You'll like what I'm gonna do ;)

Just now, Anatriax said:

It's fantastic :)

I'm going to streamline the guide some tomorrow night. Add some new spoilers and make some more refined edits. You'll like what I'm gonna do ;)

Cool. I think I will wait to rework my Skyrim and do other stuff until you are done then follow the entire thing from start to finish on a dedicated drive so it can be safe and easy to backup if needed. ;).

• Like 1

I did follow your guide, and it is great, Anatriax. Thank you very much for it, I learned quite a bit about the fundamentals of skyrim modding from it I believe.

I am currently experimenting with adding some more tweaks to my setup and have run into problems when I do the vanilla start at Helgen. I understand thats a pretty common problem, I was just wondering if it can even work with your guide. I get stuck just after the dragon lands, my movement controls don't respond and neither teleporting to an NPC or enable player controls or tlc help. As I said, I don't really expect a solution cause it's an infamously scripted part of the game I am just wondering about the experience of other people there.

When you start creating a very complex mod load out with Skyrim, it starts to flake out in the beginning, the best advise is to use the Alternate Start. It is cleaner and easier on the engine. Might even work if you selected the regular start as most of the scripts and setup has already been done. Not sure because I haven't done that in alternate start.

3 hours ago, Sundancer said:

I did follow your guide, and it is great, Anatriax. Thank you very much for it, I learned quite a bit about the fundamentals of skyrim modding from it I believe.

I am currently experimenting with adding some more tweaks to my setup and have run into problems when I do the vanilla start at Helgen. I understand thats a pretty common problem, I was just wondering if it can even work with your guide. I get stuck just after the dragon lands, my movement controls don't respond and neither teleporting to an NPC or enable player controls or tlc help. As I said, I don't really expect a solution cause it's an infamously scripted part of the game I am just wondering about the experience of other people there.

This particular issue (movement controls denied) is not something I've encountered, with or without using Alternate Start mods. 

8 hours ago, Anatriax said:

This particular issue (movement controls denied) is not something I've encountered, with or without using Alternate Start mods. 

I had it once. Never did figure out what caused it. It was on a heavy loaded Skyrim after that I went mostly with textures and limited scripted mods.

I doubt it's really an issue native to this guide, so sorry for bringing it up here.

((And I got it to work with another save, but the same game/mod configuration, so.... yeah.))

One issue you might want to mention in the guide is that it's possible to get repeated DNYDOLOD errors. It happened to me.

I followed this suggested solution: (Basically, *do* change the output folder and then copy it back into the overwrite folder)

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/3nqppp/small_psa_if_youre_getting_repeated/?

But as I said, I like your guide a lot. It wasn't always 100% clear to me, but I muddled through it anyway and I am a complete noob at modding Skyrim, so I think you did a great job, Anatriax ^^

One issue you might want to mention in the guide is that it's possible to get repeated DNYDOLOD errors. It happened to me.

I followed this suggested solution: (Basically, *do* change the output folder and then copy it back into the overwrite folder)

https://www.reddit.com/r/skyrimmods/comments/3nqppp/small_psa_if_youre_getting_repeated/?

Did this work for your errors?

But as I said, I like your guide a lot. It wasn't always 100% clear to me, but I muddled through it anyway and I am a complete noob at modding Skyrim, so I think you did a great job, Anatriax ^^

Now is the time to point out those unclear sections. I am sure they are minor with the current version but it is useful to have feedback from someone that is a noob at modding Skyrim to help make this tutorial as good as possible. Of course @Anatriax would take her spin on the suggestions etc. :) I have moddded Skyrim just not to this point and she took my suggestions and then even beyond working on the other phases that I haven't even gotten to. I am trying to get soem time together to do the complete tutorial as it is currently to gather my thoughts and suggestions to make it even better. Everyone's suggestions can be helpful and useful to help make this as clear as possible a tutorial for modding Skyrim. 

• Like 1

Vanilla Skyrim, SSBT LOD Billboards, and Vurt's SFO 2.3 Billboards:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62698/?
These are needed for the next mod to do what it does best. Leave these deactivated until Phase 9. These are needed for DynDOLOD to make LOD's for vanilla objects, and plants from the mentioned billboards packages.
--Install DO NOT Activate

DynDOLOD:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/59721/?
All hail Sheeson. Steps for running this will be provided at the end of the guide, during the wrap up phase.

For some clarity, the reason for THIS mod, and not TES5LODGen, is because this IS TES5LODGen. The difference between the two? Sheeson. Sheeson took the original LODGen code created by Zilav and reworked it with his magic to once again fix Skyrim. With this mod, you only need the 4 billboards mods mentioned above, and the mods mentioned in our textures section to create beautiful and unique LODs (unique to this mod setup, that is)

I only see three billboards, am I incorrect?