Dev - A Naughty and Immersive Skyrim

Anatriax

2 minutes ago, Anatriax said:

Yes. You only get the Vanilla, SSBT, and SFO LOD Billboards. 

SSBT overwrites the files for Tamriel Reloaded HD LOD Billboards, so there's no need for this package.

might confuse someone as theymight go back and try to find a 4th billboard that isn't there.

1) Repeat steps 1-3 from TES5Edit, only for DynDOLOD, instead.
2) In the window that pops up from step 4 above, you will see several folders. Start by expanding the data folder.
3) Next, expand the Options Folder, and the Patches Folder.
4) In the options folder, expand Highhrothgarwindowsglow, highlight all of the contents, then drag them up ON TO the data folder above, dropping them INTO that data folder.
5) Expand Lanterns of Skyrim under Patches, and do the same.
6) Expand the TES5Edit folder, and drag the Edit Scripts folder onto the data folder, as above.
7) Right click Data (where we've been dropping files) and select Set as Data Directory. 
8) Click okay until it installs. DO NOT ACTIVATE YET
--DynDOLOD will be handled in the final phase of this guide--

The current download shows as xEdit for the folder you expand to find the "Edit Scripts" I don't see a TES5Edit Folder.

Yes.. I am causing you troubles... lol Reloading my Skyrim again on an dedicated SSD

1 minute ago, Vortec said:

Is Books Glow mod added for Legacy? or is it me.

It's not. I decided to leave it out; however, it will be added in an additional phase (Additional/Suggested mods), that will include stuff like "Thieves Guild Redone" and "Localized Thieves Guild Jobs"... and other small random things like that.

• Like 1

Hope all is well for you, They don't like giving those out unless there is a good reason for it. Stick around and shoot the breeze if you feel up to it. Just don't do any major editing. :) Again if you feel up to it. 

All is good. So far only minor issues like post where you had 4 listed instead of three. Simple editing issues. I will dump a load of work here for you when you come back.. lol. Just kidding. So far is it massively easier to follow this time.

Now I haven't used this method yet. I usually custom master a folder and then zip it up for MO so does this look good (for anyone that has done the tutorial as well to see if it looks correct) because if it does then it might help with those doing this the first time make sure they didn't miss something.

DynDOLOD.JPG

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vortec said:

Hope you get well soon. Maybe come to chat room 8ish tonight if your up to it...i liked your Twitch TV presentation last week:).

If I do anything on Twitch tonight, it will likely just be installing Oblivion mods. Lol

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Anatriax said:

And I'll be in and out. I might be around later on tonight to do some editing and such. We'll see.

I will be here during the process of setting this up so I can help you with any issues r/t editing etc as well to keep you on course if you decide there are some simple editing that can be done.

for those dong this it is really important that you watch at least one of the videos r/t MO from Gopher and understand how to install the mods and move the files around when doing so. Not too advance but can be confusing for those new to MO. I am installing all of the mods Manually because many of them aren't structured correctly. NO worries.. most are structured fine just you have to click on the "data" folder you find and designate it as the data folder for MO. Easy. (other than the dynDOLOD mod which you need to know how to move the files around) when I am more comfortable I with this tutorial and process I might just show an alternate way for someone to create a custom folder for this step and be able to zip it up and never have to edit or customize the install again. :). Just have to be comfortable with the tutorial and sure that it won't mess something up later.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Anatriax said:

If I do anything on Twitch tonight, it will likely just be installing Oblivion mods. Lol

That would be great specially those scripted mods with MO.. Can't get those dam things to work properly I know it must be a simple trick to do it. :).

Not as easy to work with as Skyrim :x

3 minutes ago, ritualclarity said:

Dam... it takes a long time to download those files in Phase 5... Warning to people ... I'd download those requirements well before you decide to work this tutorial :)

Yes, but thankfully I slimmed it down A LOT compared to the tutorial back on LL. 

The old guide had twice as many mods, and a lot of them were overwriting one another. With this setup, there are minimal conflicts, but the ones there are? Are very important as far as install order. If not? Things might look ... weird.

2 minutes ago, Anatriax said:

Yes, but thankfully I slimmed it down A LOT compared to the tutorial back on LL. 

The old guide had twice as many mods, and a lot of them were overwriting one another. With this setup, there are minimal conflicts, but the ones there are? Are very important as far as install order. If not? Things might look ... weird.

That is so very true. I couldn't even consider the old tutorial when I started seeing what was included. My old card wouldn't even begin to handle it all.

@Anatriax

Island Fast Travel:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38465/?
Make sure your installer looks like the above, before installing. 
NOTE: Make sure the main window says "READY TO INSTALL"
Island Fast Travel settings.jpg

:)... Yes.. just bothering you about that ... lol

Hey it is so very hard to find anything wrong on the tutorial I have to start giving you these :P

Well, I suppose you don't mind some mod suggestions here for your guide?
If so, I have come across this ENB http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73848/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D73848%26preview%3D&pUp=1
and I quite like it so far. Nights and interiors are a bit dark without a light source, but it's not too bad. Although I did raise my fgamma in skyrimprefs.ini to 1.0000, as this ENB suggests.

8 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Well, I suppose you don't mind some mod suggestions here for your guide?
If so, I have come across this ENB http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/73848/?tab=1&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmoddescription%2F%3Fid%3D73848%26preview%3D&pUp=1
and I quite like it so far. Nights and interiors are a bit dark without a light source, but it's not too bad. Although I did raise my fgamma in skyrimprefs.ini to 1.0000, as this ENB suggests.

Tetrachromatic is nice. I usually use Seasons of Skyrim.

The reason I left out suggesting a preset this time, is because that's one thing that many people like to experiment with... so I cover installing and setting up the basic ENB files. 

As long as you install the HDT skeleton, everything is optional. On the animation lines I usually go with Weapon Master animations.
(I'll correct that portion later on. I want to take some time today to sit and relax. Play a little Oblivion, I think.)

I have another question, and I don't mean to offend, or open any cans o' worms, or anything like that by accident, but just thought to ask-

As I read through the whole guide, I noticed that it is very immersive, but the naughty part is pretty much gone now.   In the old version, phase 8 or so was the sexing up of skyrim, adding all the sexlab stuff.

Is that pretty much gone now?   And if so, is it due somehow to not being on LL anymore?   or something else more bug or performance related? 

Like I said, I hope to not cause any bad discussion, I'm just wondering about it, as that was pretty much a lot of the mods that I was wanting to play, both immersive and naughty.

2 hours ago, Pkatt said:

I have another question, and I don't mean to offend, or open any cans o' worms, or anything like that by accident, but just thought to ask-

As I read through the whole guide, I noticed that it is very immersive, but the naughty part is pretty much gone now.   In the old version, phase 8 or so was the sexing up of skyrim, adding all the sexlab stuff.

Is that pretty much gone now?   And if so, is it due somehow to not being on LL anymore?   or something else more bug or performance related? 

Like I said, I hope to not cause any bad discussion, I'm just wondering about it, as that was pretty much a lot of the mods that I was wanting to play, both immersive and naughty.

It's actually bug and performance related. It has nothing to do with me not supporting LL. I do support LL, and am still somewhat active there.

However; as much as I admire Ashal's work and efforts... it's still ridden with bugs and problems, and so are MANY of the mods that depend on it. Bad code stacking on bad code is not a good thing.

• Like 1