Site addition suggestion

Allow members to opt out of the popularity contest.I'd like to be able to like members posts without moving them into some kind of fantasy achievement.I noticed some members will make positive comments without actuality liking the post,is that due to competition?I believe it is,i for one don't need to be encouraged to post,i'm a crazy old man and i've been doing my best to limit my posts.Hehehe...I prefer a classless society where we are all appreciated for our individuality. Winning the day?Come on..

For the most part the ranking means nothing. I click on things that are good for the site, interesting or something I personally enjoyed. As a result I post a few more than most do. As for others if that floats their boat, we really don't care. AS I stated there is no "reward" for someone that has the post likes or such. If there were.. then Doublezero, Kendo, and myself would be winning anyway :P In fact out of the "all time" members top 5... 4 are moderators and/or admin and only one is a member. Which by the way has been here since the beginning. (well close to it anyway.)

So don't feel bad or even allow yourself to be distracted by this. It is part of the sight and if done correctly, allows a quick "thank you" or sign of appreciation for something someone has done which can encourage others to do the same post wise. If done wrong... well those that frequent this will soon figure out anyway.

and for you ... "crazy old man" feel free to post to your hearts content. There isn't a restriction on the number of post you make. In fact, I have added some topics to help encourage some extra posting outside of just gaming interest. (Music, Movies etc) Without going and creating some silly games... ;)

• Like 1

I don't think anyone really cares about the rankings one way or another.  Like RC said, they are meaningless BUT I think they should stay in place provided they are not listed on the main forum page.  And it's not like the site is ran like an extension of social media with the fanboy cool kids and SJWs stroking their egos.  IF that ever becomes a problem I'm sure DoubleZero will address it IF it happens.

I think what he would like is member be able to disable it from viewing it. Kinda like you can hide sections of the forum you have no desire to view.

But yeah, none of us here actually take that serious. I'm not the social media attention type. I had the first My Space but rarely ever gave it attention. That ended when they shut down and remade it. Then I had Facebook for a very short time. Had it until I seen the massive ego stroking of people and their 5k+ friends thinking they were better than you. That and I hated that Facebook would constantly pop up a list of people I could befriend. I remember rejecting an aunt who tried to befriend me. Never spoke to me ever since. haha

If it is hiding the function for members that don't want to see it, then I am for that. I see no reason that configuration of the site should be hindered if it is possible provided it doesn't make for a harder to manage forum. However, Like Kendo stated, DZ is the only one that has access to that and even then I doubt that can be removed due to many sites that use this software have members that like stroking their ego with reps etc.

• Like 1

Unfortunately there's no way to hide or opt out of the leaderboard without disabling it completely. When the developers dream up a big new idea that they feel gives them the upper hand over the competition they rarely give users the option to opt out. Having said that I'm willing to disable it if no one interested in it. It doesn't provide anything that's absolutely needed.

• Like 1

Once again i'm old,hehe,so i can be obsessed by things that mean nothing to others because i'm old,i should totally ignore it but i'm old.:blush02:.

I agree completely that rankings mean nothing.I wouldn't want to see it removed for i'm sure some enjoy it but when i see my username there i feel as if i'm being forced into a situation that i don't agree with nor appreciate.A way to hide it would be cool but a way to remove a members participation in the ranking system would,IMO,be better.

Don't get me wrong i like likes but even more so i appreciate having a dialog with members that liked my post.Liking a post is very simple but providing the reason why is far more enjoyable than achieving a new rank. 

2 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Unfortunately there's no way to hide or opt out of the leaderboard without disabling it completely. When the developers dream up a big new idea that they feel gives them the upper hand over the competition they rarely give users the option to opt out. Having said that I'm willing to disable it if no one interested in it. It doesn't provide anything that's absolutely needed.

My vote is to leave it in place.  It isn't hurting anything and it's not being abused.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

4 hours ago, Gandalftw said:

Once again i'm old,hehe,so i can be obsessed by things that mean nothing to others because i'm old,i should totally ignore it but i'm old.:blush02:.

I agree completely that rankings mean nothing.I wouldn't want to see it removed for i'm sure some enjoy it but when i see my username there i feel as if i'm being forced into a situation that i don't agree with nor appreciate.A way to hide it would be cool but a way to remove a members participation in the ranking system would,IMO,be better.

Don't get me wrong i like likes but even more so i appreciate having a dialog with members that liked my post.Liking a post is very simple but providing the reason why is far more enjoyable than achieving a new rank. 

You are providing excellent dialogue and response to those threads you are interested in as well as likes and other feedback. Others are doing the same. It is perfectly normal for your name to show up where it is currently due to your activity on the site. As Kendo states below, nobody is abusing it. We are watching for it for any abuses so you can rest on that fact.

4 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

My vote is to leave it in place.  It isn't hurting anything and it's not being abused.  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

That is my thought / vote as well.

5 hours ago, Doublezero said:

There are people here that like the feature and nobody is abusing it so far so there is no real reason to disable it. That might be worse than having it enabled. I personally use it to give a nice feedback to the poster instead of adding yet another post commenting on their post. Lord knows I have enough post here on this site. :P

Is there any way/possibility to add other game mods to this site?I have some mods your guests may like but right now my only choice is to share them on my blog through FileFactory.FileFactory is free,very cool,i love them,but more often than not their servers are busy and my blog members can't download them.Sad.

So i have some Saints Row 2,3,4 and some Kingdoms of Amalur and other assorted mods, if i can find them,i know they are there somewhere.

Edited by Gandalftw

That is  a DZ thing. We have added other games already. However, until a decision has been made I'd suggest you place them

https://nsfwmods.com/forums/forum/59-other-games-downloads-support/

You can start getting them uploaded and configured to your liking and getting some traffic to that section. DZ could move it to the new sections as needed if he does create them.

He might be waiting for some serious traffic and interest in it. The site was originally for Bethesda games and modding tool support etc and since that time more has been added. Not sure how far he wants to add to the site.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ritualclarity said:

That is  a DZ thing. We have added other games already. However, until a decision has been made I'd suggest you place them

https://nsfwmods.com/forums/forum/59-other-games-downloads-support/

You can start getting them uploaded and configured to your liking and getting some traffic to that section. DZ could move it to the new sections as needed if he does create them.

He might be waiting for some serious traffic and interest in it. The site was originally for Bethesda games and modding tool support etc and since that time more has been added. Not sure how far he wants to add to the site.

Ok,interesting,these are mods for old games so i'm not so sure how serious the traffic will be...I'll give it a day or two.Thanks.

I don't think it matters if it has high traffic or not. You should still be able to place them there unless DZ or Kendo things otherwise. I believe that is the place for these. At least until DZ can make a judgement on adding sub-forms for those.

You might be surprised at the traffic for those mods. ;) People still like playing those games and having mods help extend the play ability of the game.