YOUTUBE Gamer Channels

Kendo 2

This topic is intended to be a catch-all for Youtube gamer videos.  We all know the 'popular' ones and we probably get notifications when they shill for or praise developers.  That's not what this topic is for.  If you come across a small Youtube game channel that has good content and not-enough-exposure then YEAH, give them free publicity.

Me first.

This guy, The Last Bacon.  Small channel with great content that covers a variety of games.  He did an analysis of why players go for the stealth-archer in Skyrim.  And he was right, without the Bethesda fanboy blathering.  Definitely worth a look, but Bethesda isn't the focus of his content.

• Like 1

There's Ruskie. Good content but not a lot of videos. I figure I'll give him some exposure and maybe see him put out more videos each month. He does run another channel so that could be why.

I thought at first I wouldn't be able to contribute to this thread :( considering I am not a big YouTube fan... Mostly keeping to the main stream big producers of gaming content. 

However, I did find one that I think fits the requirements and even more, fits NSFWmods general site as well. :) On top of it, the producer of this Youtube channel is a female, not the sausage fest that most gaming sites contain! :P Gotta give the love for any serious female gamer and even more for female YouTube content creator.

She has a very well constructed intro music/video, and pretty direct and clear review. (Not to mention, a southern accent... 😍

Yes, the example is a mod from Loverslab however, based on the review she gives, it is a definite mod to check out If you want to play a bit of Fallout 4.

Check her out!

Mod page,

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99399-fully-voiced-companion-completely-oversexed-ivy-32/

I'm going to reserve my opinion about this game and what they will do with it until we actually know what it entails. I don't want to jump ahead of myself after all the rumors and speculations I've been reading.

Considering what FO4 WASN'T, I don't even care about Fallout76.  But, I think it will be an online-only single player plus co-op with no mods unless they are thru the Creation Club.  That way Bethesda can do an online style paid content scheme without having to do anything.  Fanboy modders will do all of the work for them.  And knowing Bethesda they don't even have the servers set up to handle all of the day-one release traffic.  And the engine they'll be using is still the same shit hack of the 14 yr old gamebyro.  Full priced game with players as payers and modders will make all of the content for it.  Yeah, no thanks.  I'll go have a nice steak dinner instead.

7 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

I'm going to reserve my opinion about this game and what they will do with it until we actually know what it entails. I don't want to jump ahead of myself after all the rumors and speculations I've been reading.

For me, it isn't "jumping ahead of myself". 

I am basing my current decision on the history of the company (Bethesda) and their offering for Fallout games. It would take a massive change in their offerings before I was interested.

11 minutes ago, ritualclarity said:

For me, it isn't "jumping ahead of myself". 

I am basing my current decision on the history of the company (Bethesda) and their offering for Fallout games. It would take a massive change in their offerings before I was interested.

When I make an oath never to support a company, I never break it.

What Bethesda should do is buy the license to use Id Tech. It's much more advance and has the capability for driveable vehicles. And RAGE didn't look bad at all for a post-apoc game. And I'll say RAGE looks better than FO4. But they seem to have this strong attachment with gamebryo.

Edited by Guest

When I make an oath never to support a company, I never break it.

They you aren't "jumping ahead of yourself" (As in creating a decision of buying or not buying etc a game) you made a final decision. I can respect that. I have done this myself for some companies I used to deal with. I have not made such a decision for any gaming company ... yet.  I will however not buy (pre- purchase) a game now from almost any company except CD Project Red. Yes, their new project could be a giant turd but I am basing my trust on their previous work and joy they gave me. I can forgive them for a bad game (they haven't had one so far :P)

I saw that Vampyr is available for pre- purchase and I liked all I have seen and the reviews and such but don't have a history with them and can't trust them for a pre-purchase. However, if they continue to hold up after release and actual real gamer playing the game... I might just have to pick that up. The developers are shooting themselves in the foot by not allowing reviewers to review the game earlier ;)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...