Good job Bethesda.

• 2 weeks later...

Who the fuck pays for pre-order Bethesda games still?

Those that buy a pre-order deserve whatever pain they receive for doing so.  (IMO)

Edit.

I know I will not even consider the game until it is released, has solid reviews... has several updates and finally, has the private server options for people to play on which was promised or at least stated... Then, I will possibly consider it after STeam puts it on some serious sale as well.

The amount of time I have played my Fallout 4... is worth about 18 dollars or so compared to the rest of the value I have gotten out of other games I have played. TBH, I did get some fun out of it (after the mods started rolling out) but not enough to make me "itch" to get back into the game. You know those "itches" when you just are inspired to play some Witcher, Skyrim or something.. ;)

• Like 1

76 just seems like their plan to milk people's cash making Creation Club finally reach the level they want. And of course this is why I don't buy into the private servers that people seem to believe, which will let them upload free mods. The day of free mods is coming closer and closer in my opinion. Shareholders can care less about a mod community and free mods. There's a profit to be made and they want the big piece of the pie. And especially now that Valve is out of the picture this time.

You know they aren't too happy with the way Creation Club is going right now. They want the money to flow in and 76 is their experiment to further the progress of Creation Club. And it gives them the chance to just cash in on the mmo like they did with ESO. People will want to mod it and there is no way Bethesda is going to let free mods reign in on 76 without it further impeding Creation Club as it is right now with free mods vs. paid mods on both FO4 and SSE.

If they can successfully get people accustom to paying for mods, which without a doubt it is going to happen, TES6 and FO5 and beyond are going to have Creation Club in it's full force. And it's only a matter of time when they decided to cut the umbilical cord between the creation kit and modders and only allowing their selective modders grasp onto it to pump out mods, get their one time payment and the rest is for Bethesda.

They got their foot already in when they launched Creation Club and shrugged their shoulders at all the internet tantrums going on. Who's complaining about CC now? Hardly (if any) anyone. They've already dominated the community. They aren't going to ever let paid mods go. Not this time. Not anymore. They already had time to come up with a strategy to implement it in a a better way that suits them. Now they have to come up with a plan to put it to good use. Creation Club is the new norm for BGS games. And they can have all the fun they want having to constantly wait for modders to update their mods and SKSE team update their script extender.

Personally, If I was part of the SKSE team, I would of given them the middle finger and left the moment I realized that their .exe would be updated every time they include more CC mods. And this is now. Just wait till Creation Club gets really really popular. It's going to be a constant nightmare. I think it's going to burn the SKSE team and modders out eventually. And I don't blame them one bit. But hey, the fanboys agree with everything Bethesda does and Bethesda can never do wrong. mmmmhmmm sure... They'll change their minds one day.

Edited by endgameaddiction
  • Like 2

I'm sure the people at Bethesda hate hearing people praising FNV and recommending it over their Fallout game(s). Bet they would rather bury it along with all its mods if they could. Funny how some people still naively hope for another spinoff from Obsidian.

Edited by bjornk

@bjornk

Pretty sad really. In my eyes Bethesda deliberately cut production of Fallout New Vegas down to 2 years. I feel they did it because they were never happy of the idea of letting Obsidian make a Fallout game to begin with AND they they didn't want to give them royalties if it was a commercial success. Old article here but it really describes how shitty a company like Bethesda really is. And this is why I believe Bethesda deliberately cut production of New Vegas.

Now that I see things in a different way than I did years ago, I think New Vegas would of been more successful than Fallout 3. And considering the 2 years of development they only had, the sales were not even bad at all. Considering the content they had to cut from the game.

This just screams to me that Bethesda wanted Fallout New Vegas to fail on so many ends.

Basically most of the 'mods' on the Creation Club are paid versions of shit you can get for free.  Bethesda is creatively bankrupt (more so now than in the past) and everything is geared towards turning a buck.  They're EA, but not as good at sucking ass...YET.

9 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Basically most of the 'mods' on the Creation Club are paid versions of shit you can get for free.  Bethesda is creatively bankrupt (more so now than in the past) and everything is geared towards turning a buck.  They're EA, but not as good at sucking ass...YET.

At least EA gives some nice shit once in a while for their games... I haven't seen a single thing that I'd want from the CC. Anything I could... I would be able to get better outside of CC...

CC was suppose to be a major change in how mods were done. Great stuff was suppose to occur with the CC and move people over to it.. Still waiting... :P

1 hour ago, ritualclarity said:

CC was suppose to be a major change in how mods were done. Great stuff was suppose to occur with the CC and move people over to it.. Still waiting... :P

Oh it will be 'great' once its the only option to have mods in a Bethesda game.  "We support the modding community" doesn't translate to 'free mods'.  It never did and it never will.

I think when the switch to "game streaming" is complete (starting with the next gen consoles), most devs and publishers, incl. Bethesda, will either stop supporting mods entirely or will treat them as microtransactions within their games. The age of *free* modding (i.e. no cost, no control) is probably over, except maybe for a few indie titles. Bugridden Bethesda games will still sell millions of copies though... It's just that I won't be playing those or any other game with any kind of DRM and will never pay the full price at launch for any game.

5 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Oh it will be 'great' once its the only option to have mods in a Bethesda game.  "We support the modding community" doesn't translate to 'free mods'.  It never did and it never will.

It might be great for others.... it won't be for me :P I know I won't buy any of those games.. I buy Bethesda games like Fallout and TES series because I can add features and change things. Not for the game itself. If I can't do that in a way I like with the freedom I have come to expect... I know I won't buy the game. I doubt they will add story or other needed info that will make it a compelling game to buy.. say like the classic Mass Effect games or as engaging as Witcher III or even Bioshock etc. Their games are getting more and more empty and less and less engaging story wise and more a simple framework for modding... I have come to accept that and in some ways if proper tools are provided for, a good thing. However, if they start seriously restricting this and forcing their infrastructure on us... I doubt there will ever be a reason to buy the game.. even if it is part of a compilation sale with dozens of games for 5 bucks that Steam occasionally has.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't have preordered the game had I known it required Bethesda.net account ;)

I hated DRMs a long time ago.. that was before I experienced that which is Bethesda and their tomfoolery. ;) Now I welcome DRM (properly implemented as the video stated) over anything that requires a Bethesda account.

Fuck Bethesda Accounts. I haven't joined and can't see I ever will.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

I don't care about FO76 so I had no idea they nerfed equipment degradation and then sold the fix for it.  That's just low.

Yea.. they couldn't find legitimate reasons to sell someone something, they had to nerf things so they could fix it to make money.

I'll be honest. I was one of their fan boys .. ur.. aliens :P anyway, I per-purchased Fallout 4 with the whatever that was that gives you all their DLCs. NO problem. I was happy. Dreaming on how much fun I would be having thinking on what I had in the past with other titles. I took a week off of work so that I could play the game as much as I wanted to.  It was shit. The Pipboy was wonky and screwed up and no help in sight. There were other glitches... OK. fine. This is par in course for Bethesda games they will patch it shortly. .. weeks later, months later.. still only some of the worst was fixed. OK.. fine.. I have mods to look forward to. I would be able to get in on the ground floor of these things (projects and stuff) Months and months later still no GECK. No GECK in sight. People took to hard core mode to de compile and other shit that shouldn't have happened as we were promised a GECK very shortly after release.

I've played it a couple of times.. now there are mods and some are pretty good. Help with a framework and even wrote one of my guides for it... :P But FUCK ME IF I BUY ANOTHER BETHESDA FUCKING GAME!  I am not kidding.. I was looking at a game and it looked cool.. then I saw it was released by Bethesda.. FUCK! looked deeper and found another shit storm and problems and complaints.  Fuck, unless the game is 12~20 years old.. it is a piece of shit.

I'll be perfectly honest.. I have a lot of shit games in my Steam library.. Some due to combos which saved me money others because .. WTF it is only 5 dollars, others because I didn't know better. .. but not Fallout 76... If I was given the game, with ATOMS I wouldn't activate it on my account much less install that piece of shit. At least Fallout 4 was a piece of shit but it was YOUR piece of shit. You could have a fucking Death Claw with a black tie as a companion and do shit together and all sorts of other things found at ... *another gaming site ;)**  without dealing with some 12 year old punk fucking with you or betting banned because you decided to improve the fucking textures from a site that can't tell a graphic improvement mod from a cheat mod. By the way.. were are Fallout 76's private server option we were fucking promised?  HUM?  I am waiting for them to turn off their servers.

ESO sucks.. but at least that is functional .. Fallout 76 is just shit.

So he's admitting if it wasn't for mods, their games would have been in the trash bin long ago. So it sounds to me like TES6 will be another mediocre game and have lots of CC mods to keep people entertained for the next decade once it's released. Sounds like a Bethesda game. Shit development, longevity because of unofficial patches and content that should have been added from the start of the game but created by a modder instead.

Well, lets not kid ourselves. Content that should have been in the base game will be created behind CC as a DLC. It wouldn't surprise me if TES6 didn't have any official DLCs like in the past and all of it was through Creation Club instead. Think about it, they won't have to bother hiring professional voice actors, your actual dev team won't have to be paid to work on an official DLC. Leave it up to the dummies we hired for CC. Boy, if this were the case, talk about taking it to the next level of low quality.

Edited by endgameaddiction