Plastic Love (or do you think Youtube recommendations have a hidden agenda?)

bjornk

I'm starting to think there is one... I mean, either that or they have a really persistent bug with their system, because it keeps recommending this Japanese pop song, even though I never listen to any Japanese pop songs, never randomly click on anything related to Japanese music. And I'm not the only one, just read the comments on the page, "always click on plastic love when it is recommended", "youtube recommendation girl", "Lmao who else was recommended to come here by YouTube??"... YT's been recommending this song for some reason for about a year and on several different machines, whenever I start to watch a string of music videos. Maybe this Mariya Takeuchi person knows someone at YT? 🤔

Spoiler

I bet this will soon become a meme of some kind, like "rickrolling"...

Edited by bjornk

I KNOW this is an agenda on Youtube.  Every day (and I do mean every fucking day) I get recommended videos that have nothing to do with my browsing or viewing habits.  I watch game related stuff, music videos and 'Right wing propaganda'.  Yet I am constantly getting shit about gay/lezbo life style, LGBTQxyz promotion, Progressive Libtard bullshit and so on.  It happens so often that now I hate post on whatever is recommended, call them every name in the book and directly blame Youtube for recommending their shit video to begin with.  Then I block the channel.

Watch an Antifa knockout/fail video and suddenly I'm bombarded with David Pakman and Young Turks stupidity...and I already have those channels BLOCKED.  They get recommended ANYWAY.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Has YT recently been recommending you old interviews of people with mental disorders as well or am I just being a little "paranoid" about that? 😅 I decided to watch a bunch of them, they were mostly heartbreaking as expected, but this guy below seemed pretty scary. Makes me wonder how people like these can cope with life in this day and age in which even the "normal" people struggle to stay sane, and how many of them are among us pretending to be "normal"...

(deleted)

(deleted)

What baffles me is that how does YT allow people or institutions to publicly share videos like these. Isn't there anything called "patient confidentiality" or something similar in the US? Why isn't this illegal? It should be. These kinds of "educational" videos should only be shown to professionals and students who intend to study/work in that field.

Edit: Deleted the videos, unlike YT, I have a conscience.

Edited by bjornk
Deleted the videos,
  • Confused 1

Checked out my recommendations, this was the first to come up:

Another recommendation:

As for ads, I mainly get ads on my TV of alcohol and truck (+insurance) commercials. I thought it was giving the same ads to everyone, but they seem to be targeted, as well. 

Edited by Alkpaz