Skyrim Parody

Skyrim is just so fuckin stupid... It's literally a game for 12 year olds, made by 12 year olds... It's like a Star Wars episode but the only characters in it are the Ewoks and Jar Jar... and possibly some other annoying shit... I still keep playing it, although I use hundreds of mods, and that's simply because it's the type of a game I like, but if CDPR had made the same game I bet it'd be much cooler.

Edited by bjornk

8 hours ago, bjornk said:

Skyrim is just so fuckin stupid... It's literally a game for 12 year olds, made by 12 year olds... It's like a Star Wars episode but the only characters in it are the Ewoks and Jar Jar... and possibly some other annoying shit... I still keep playing it, although I use hundreds of mods, and that's simply because it's the type of a game I like, but if CDPR had made the same game I bet it'd be much cooler.

It is due to the mods that make Skyrim so popular and valuable.  Pure and simple.

Even though CD Project Red, does have and allow modding it  is complex to do and implement and limited. More so than Bethesda's games. They (CD Project Red) hasn't shown a willing ness to open up their engine and tools enough to gain that level of modding of their games in the past and I doubt they will in the future. So, you would have a game if they created it, that you would see beauty and richness and pretty much be stuck with some basic scripts and texture changes etc. (as far as I know there isn't any animation tools to add to the game for Witcher among others) so even if you wanted to work hard at modding your new Skyrim replacement, and others wanted to create content for it... it would be greatly limited. Sad but true.

I wish that Bethesda would just release a world based on FAllout and Skyrim with strong tools to mod and work on then let the modding community develop the game further. None of this you are father / mother bullshit.. chasing water chips or father nonsense. just a completely open world. space. (large) fully functional space... (they can add to it worlds and such from the other games assets) The interesting things is they wouldn't hae to do much to do this.. they have the assets and tools and such just need to tweak it a slight bit and create the landscape./world. a few buildings and interesting things to explore.  Nothing more than random encounters and assets to start. The rest would be gamer development.. :D