Loverslab blocks certain versions of Firefox using Cloudflare's recaptcha

bjornk

This has really pissed me off which is why I'm posting about it here. After numerous time consuming experiments, I've figured that a certain "genius" at LL blocked certain user agents (i.e. browser versions) through Cloudflare and if you're accessing LL using a browser version in that list i.e. Firefox v90, v99 etc. then you're being redirected to the recaptcha page all the time, which is super annoying as it doesn't even work most of the time. If I change the user agent string to another browser or a different version of Firefox everything works fine, so it's not blocking certain IP groups or anything like that, just certain user agent strings are being blocked which is really stupid. I can't post about this there so I'd appreciate if some of you let them know about this shit.

Edited by bjornk
Misspelling of Loverslab in title

I'll do it.  Just gonna copy and paste your post.  Zero fucks given if they like it or not.

EDIT: Done.  Posted in that 'things have changed' fanboi spam thread.  I did the @Ashal thing so he/she/it is gonna be aware.  Good luck getting any action though.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you, @Kendo 2. I can see that they immediately jumped to denial mode, except, whenever I'm being redirected to the recaptcha page, I simply change the user agent string and refresh the page and voila, no more recaptcha! How does that happen, I wonder? Below are some of the example user agent strings that either pass the recaptcha or are caught by it. For IE11 etc. CloudFlare recaptcha page displays a message that says "Your browser is out of date!", so that's different and that's not the issue here.

Below are some of the user agent strings that are redirected to recaptcha page...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; Win64; x64; rv:96.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/96.0 (Fırefox 96 on Windows)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:83.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/83.0 (Fırefox 83 on Windows)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/87.0.4280.88 Safari/537.36 (Chrome 87 on Windows)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:83.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/83.0 (Fırefox 83 on Linux)

and these ones are some of the ones that are not...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.140 Safari/537.36 Edge/18.17763 (Edge on Windows)
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_5 (Ergänzendes Update)) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/12.1.1 Safari/605.1.15 (Safari on Mac OS X)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:103.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/103.0 (Firefox 103 on Windows)

And by the way, I have an old version of Opera (Chrome based) as well as a older version of Firefox, neither of them is caught by recaptcha, like never ever.

I don't really know when this issue has started, cause I had not visited that site for months, but as far as I'm concerned, the issue has been going on for more than a week. Sometimes the automatic browser checking thing appears instead and I have no issues then, but when it doesn't show up, I'm usually redirected to the recaptcha page.

Note 1: Anyone can try these out by themselves, all you need is a user agent switching add-on.

Note 2: There are many other sites that I visit daily use Cloudflare for DoS protection, but the issue I described above only happens on Loverslab.

Edited by bjornk

• bjornk changed the title to Loverslab blocks certain versions of Firefox using Cloudflare's recaptcha

I saw @Kendo 2's post, and the reply was something about LL getting spam or some other garbage, generating from a few places, and that is their attempt to block it. Don't know. A few times, I logged in and cot some cloudfire message, but it went thru in a few seconds or so. I use Chrome with DuckDuck browser. Don't know versions. Happened a few times when I had Chrome browser also.

Edited by LadySmoks

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

And fuck you too! Mods trolling blog posts now... when one of their boys (Pamatronic) finds himself being bitch slapped!!! Little suka probably ran crying to Ballsax. Figure on a new burner account tomorrow thru VPN and different email, and direct fuck you to the good docta.

image.png.2783cdb5792083e54da9273e60442f15.png

I did something similar to that years ago on Steam in a private message; and they gave me a warning, as well. So this doesn't surprise me that they can monitor blogs. So yes, they can ban/warn you for PM's. I remember an acquaintance from The Game Collectors was trolling the Anti-EA group because of a personal quibble in the chat of The Game Collectors group and so he went on a little rampage at that guys Anti-EA group and got himself community banned. He couldn't post anywhere in any group within Steam. It lasted a few years from what I remember (the community ban). 

On 10/15/2022 at 5:21 AM, LadySmoks said:

..... when one of their boys (Pamatronic) finds himself being bitch slapped!!!

I've got a bit of intel on this. Apparently....   somebody on LL made a post about a couple guys beating up some domestic abuser. (Seriously doubt a single thing written was true. Especially since I've read the same variation of the same story untold times. 🤣 🤣)  Said "boy" sails in, says something about vigilantism being bad (huh!? I guess no justice is superior? 😅) and got himself a warning for the trouble. 😆

So I think is a case where both sides hate LL moderation. 🤣🤣

On 10/15/2022 at 8:52 AM, Alkpaz said:

I did something similar to that years ago on Steam in a private message; and they gave me a warning, as well. So this doesn't surprise me that they can monitor blogs. So yes, they can ban/warn you for PM's. I remember an acquaintance from The Game Collectors was trolling the Anti-EA group because of a personal quibble in the chat of The Game Collectors group and so he went on a little rampage at that guys Anti-EA group and got himself community banned. He couldn't post anywhere in any group within Steam. It lasted a few years from what I remember (the community ban). 

With VPN and access to email from several countries, is anyone truly "banned" from any website? __ DrHarleenQuinzel @ LL  😇

1 hour ago, Nessa said:

I've got a bit of intel on this. Apparently....   somebody on LL made a post about a couple guys beating up some domestic abuser. (Seriously doubt a single thing written was true. Especially since I've read the same variation of the same story untold times. 🤣 🤣)  Said "boy" sails in, says something about vigilantism being bad (huh!? I guess no justice is superior? 😅) and got himself a warning for the trouble. 😆

So I think is a case where both sides hate LL moderation. 🤣🤣

The validity of the story is not what matters. LL has a troll problem that moderators refuse to address until someone explodes (as I did, admittedly). Regardless of screenname, I do not hide who I am... LadySmoks, TheLadysGhost, currently DrHarleenQuinzel (Harley Quinn, before she was Harley, in case anyone does not know).

Far too often, a troll will single out one person... in this case, me. I basically agreed that in some cases, such "justice" may be the only resort. The post directly above mine, also agreed, yet the troll chose to single out my post and attack. Why? So, I did something that I never do, and completely flipped. Felt good. And DoctaSux did triple "warning", and blocked that account for 2 weeks.

So.... VPN, different email, and another account, where I posted the same pics as I did here. ))) Just because I can! I can login from whatever country and create email account on whatever service, and do it just to be a bitch about it. 🤫

2 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

With VPN and access to email from several countries, is anyone truly "banned" from any website? __ DrHarleenQuinzel @ LL  😇

Yeah banning is no longer really a thing. 🤣 Way too easy now to come at the place from a different nation and burner email. Can even use burner telephone numbers now for garbage like Google. 🤣

The validity of the story is not what matters. LL has a troll problem that moderators refuse to address until someone explodes (as I did, admittedly). Regardless of screenname, I do not hide who I am... LadySmoks, TheLadysGhost, currently DrHarleenQuinzel (Harley Quinn, before she was Harley, in case anyone does not know).

Far too often, a troll will single out one person... in this case, me. I basically agreed that in some cases, such "justice" may be the only resort. The post directly above mine, also agreed, yet the troll chose to single out my post and attack. Why? So, I did something that I never do, and completely flipped. Felt good. And DoctaSux did triple "warning", and blocked that account for 2 weeks.

So.... VPN, different email, and another account, where I posted the same pics as I did here. ))) Just because I can! I can login from whatever country and create email account on whatever service, and do it just to be a bitch about it. 🤫

If it helps any, P was butt hurt like crazy about the whole thing. 😅 It devolved into a generational name-calling episode. The LL mods -must- be Boomers they say. I don't even know what the hell a boomer is anymore. The US keeps shifting the definition!) Then they went after Gen X whatever the hell that is. Wake me up when get to Generation 0. Or are we there now? 🤣

I'm still laughing over the "vigilante BAD" thing. What in the literal hell? 😆 Yeah instead lets all be victims and let the baddies get away. Great idea chaps. 😆I'd ask what insane planet of suck the guy is from but it's Germany. No comment. 😅 (One of my best friends is German and he assures me... well I'll just go: 🤐)

One interesting thing ....  P's group was actually -complaining- about the lack of free speech! So they may be from planet suck but apparently prefer free speech so they can spew their dopey views. 😆 Is this a plus? 🤷‍♀️

1 hour ago, Nessa said:

If it helps any, P was butt hurt like crazy about the whole thing. 😅 It devolved into a generational name-calling episode. The LL mods -must- be Boomers they say. I don't even know what the hell a boomer is anymore. The US keeps shifting the definition!) Then they went after Gen X whatever the hell that is. Wake me up when get to Generation 0. Or are we there now? 🤣

I'm still laughing over the "vigilante BAD" thing. What in the literal hell? 😆 Yeah instead lets all be victims and let the baddies get away. Great idea chaps. 😆I'd ask what insane planet of suck the guy is from but it's Germany. No comment. 😅 (One of my best friends is German and he assures me... well I'll just go: 🤐)

One interesting thing ....  P's group was actually -complaining- about the lack of free speech! So they may be from planet suck but apparently prefer free speech so they can spew their dopey views. 😆 Is this a plus? 🤷‍♀️

Some need a good butt hurting!!! Insert sideways! 🤔 Already went thru that generation thing on rant thread a while ago. Similar MO. I made a simple "rant" post about how I spent so much time and effort to learn English, and watch this new generation abbreviate EVERYTHING, as their lives are too precious to waste on whole words. I get it for texting, but it's as much their spoken language now. And the next 5 or 10 posts, from 4 or 5 "people" were not others rants, but telling me how wrong I am.

Do not think I am a "boomer"? My husband is, but I think I am what they call GenX??? Does not matter. To me, it's all part of retardation of Americans. Cannot have a name, just a single letter, because a whole word is too much! Besides, I think they are now on Z??? So, what comes next??? OY!

I know "stories" of my husband being a dispenser of justice when he was younger. Always interesting times when he and his war buddies get drunk! ))) So, yes, such happens, and often in defense of a weaker person or a woman against a man. Laws are great. There are laws against murder. How is that working out?

We all know the type that "wants free speech", as long as it's THEIR speech. Speech counter to their narrow beliefs, and time to attack... then PM the rest of the group. As was said by one here, those types will never post here, because moderators generally allow deserved bitch slapping!!! 🤪🤭

Do not know if my IP is "dynamic"? I think the program switches location, but not sure. Still, when they suspend an account, you cannot post from it, regardless of where you login from. So... DrHarleenQuinzel!!! ))) And as I said, just because I could!!!!!!!!

1084833019_fuckLL.thumb.png.5245f646c806a386577c6574cacc9c5a.png

I should repost that pic!

• Like 2

Your post has so many fantastic spots I can't decide which I like the most. 🤣:

Some need a good butt hurting!!! Insert sideways!

🤣😆 (This is especially hilarious given the mods Pama makes!!! Right now they're all on this impaling kick.) 😅🤣

To me, it's all part of retardation of Americans.

😅😅😆 Experienced that first hand when some of my cousins from the US came for a visit. My reaction:

dear_god_princess_bride.gif.dceddd592477b91f649545d772023fbb.gif

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

There are laws against murder. How is that working out?

🤣😅😆 👆

......those types will never post here, because moderators generally allow deserved bitch slapping!!!

planet-of-the-apes-laugh.gif.d2a69a91efa9550dad171311245bb79b.gif

I think 2/3 the users of LL probably need a bitch slapping. And then all the contributors. (Probably myself included! 🤣)

2 minutes ago, Nessa said:

I think 2/3 the users of LL probably need a bitch slapping. And then all the contributors. (Probably myself included! 🤣)

I perhaps deserve a good spanking from time to time! ))) 

So... HAHA! I think I was "banned" by Ashal! Which, I find to be hilarious!!! Will do another account when I get a chance. I think it was for "ban evasion"???? 

Already checked, and know I can get back in. Not important right now, as I have stuff to do. The DrHarleenQuinzel page is still there, as is my pic post, and TheLadysGhost page... which I can see all when I go to LL... sooooo..... 😜

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Well, he was from Poland so a VPN is like standard in the EU. You could probably tell who he is simply by being the #1 owner of the most Steam-based games in Poland. (he constantly bragged about that) I think he used different accounts to just troll the admin of https://steamcommunity.com/groups/ANTI-EA (rfzm ↑) But what made me remember that was I was always nice to rfzm ↑ but since I was friends with Greg, he assumed I was the same way and since then he has pretty much ignored me (it has already been almost 10yrs now). Meh, drama among the community groups thing. At least Kendo doesn't hold a grudge. :D

1 hour ago, Alkpaz said:

Well, he was from Poland so a VPN is like standard in the EU. You could probably tell who he is simply by being the #1 owner of the most Steam-based games in Poland. (he constantly bragged about that) I think he used different accounts to just troll the admin of https://steamcommunity.com/groups/ANTI-EA (rfzm ↑) But what made me remember that was I was always nice to rfzm ↑ but since I was friends with Greg, he assumed I was the same way and since then he has pretty much ignored me (it has already been almost 10yrs now). Meh, drama among the community groups thing. At least Kendo doesn't hold a grudge. :D

I think that I am currently from Canada? 😜 I do not hold grudges either. I am pissed, and will remain for a while, then be done with it. You may or may not recall the situation with NS over at LL? He did wrong by me. I got over it and tried to help him when he posted a question, and no one else bothered. He bitched that I was "stalking him". So, I simply do not bother, just as everyone else. But, if he actually asked me a question, I might even consider it... NAH!

• Agree 1

And having given it more thought, I really do not need LL, or the BS that comes with the site. No TS3 mods there that I need. As I know how simple it is to get around their "ban", and create another account, no real reason to bother... unless someone decides to start trash talking, as was the reason I went back the first time. )))