nsfwmods.com Web Support Thread

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if it was on my end or on withthe system.

First the message system was very, very laggy then the entire site went down (500 error). Just giving some feedback in case others experienced the same thing. I think it was my net that was flaking out. Downloading tOOO much for several days lol. (restoring my computer and getting fresh games from Steam and Orgin. WitcherIII is HUGE for example :P)

Everything is nice and snappy now, or as snappy as it was before now.

Yeah, the site is slower and the server load is still a little high even after downgrading to php 5. The big issue is that there is a bug in php 7.1 that causes high server loads in some server setups. I discussed this with IPS and they told me that the issue involved php 7.1 and html purifier and it will be fixed in IPS 4.2 which is currently in alpha.

I disabled zend opcache and that solve the problem until the server auto updated WHM and server load skyrocket again which in turn forced me to downgrade php to 5.

Unfortunately there's still some issues with server load even after I downgraded to php 5 which leads me to believe that the problem is a little deeper than what they told me. To be honest, I wish they would just fix the problem now instead of forcing their customers to wait until the next version is in a releasable state.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I noticed a slight slow down before and reported it earlier... however not horrible. I am however getting the double notification I believe some have asked about for some reason. Not all the time just some of the time. (Running Firecrap web browser) Chrome runs better and faster. Haven't used Explorer.

It could be due to our success :D

Don't worry about that. Just process your post and comments like you would normally would and let the chips (or post :P) lay where they land.

The moderators and admin can feature a particular photo (and I do from time to time in the past) Also you's only be moving them down one when you  do which isn't  that much of an issue. People can still see all the new photos easily enough.

• 11 months later...

I don't know if it just me, but I have a problem with the editor. When I add a Youtube link (or a text-based emoticon, e.g. a smiley), the editor doesn't automatically turn them into a video (or an image emoticon) until I post my reply and then re-edit it. In other words, I have to edit all my posts in which I post a YT link, otherwise the link stays as text. Does anyone else have this problem? I'm using Firefox Quantum 6x by the way.

Edited by bjornk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Almost everything on this forum works painfully slow for me for some reason. I have to wait quite a while after pressing the submit button until my post shows up, or to display the list of emojis and so on. I don't have these kinds of issues on other forums, such as LL or Nexus, which presumably use the same IPB version.

22 minutes ago, bjornk said:

Almost everything on this forum works painfully slow for me for some reason. I have to wait quite a while after pressing the submit button until my post shows up, or to display the list of emojis and so on. I don't have these kinds of issues on other forums, such as LL or Nexus, which presumably use the same IPB version.

:huh: Maybe you should PM DoubleZero directly about this.