Support Thread for: A Naughty and Immersive Skyrim

Anatriax

No. Realvision cannot be used with this setup. Purity takes care of everything that CoT does, PLUS Realistic Water Two. However, it handles lighting differently than CoT and that's what makes it not work. 

Now... there is PUREvision. Same author as Realvision, but it's based on Pure Weather and Pure Water: the predecessors to Purity. 

As far as managing presets, check out ENB Man. It's a handly tool, and I use it to handle ENB presets for ALL of my games that use ENB / Sweet FX / ReShade (Which are a lot of games that I play. I won't lie.)

• 3 weeks later...

New mod user here, so I'll probably have more than a few questions.  In phase 1 we've got a link for mod organizer and the guide says the current supported version is 1.3.8. I've checked the nexus and the latest version is 1.3.11. Now, can I download mod organizer 1.3.11 or do I absolutely need to download 1.3.8?

Edit: I've downloaded 1.3.8 and moved on to the instructions for SKSE in phase 1.  From here on out just assume that I know next to nothing about how all this stuff works. In step 3 for SKSE I am instructed to right click and make "Data" either a .zip or .7z Archive and to name it SKSE. I right clicked the folder Data and chose the option 'Send to compressed (zip) folder.' That made a new file named Data. 

Is that right? From the instructions I thought the Data folder itself was going to change into a zip file. Instead, it just added a new zip folder and left the old one alone.

Moving on. I follow steps 4-7. After I finish step 7 by clicking on the zip file to be installed into Mod Organizer, the next window that pops up is the Quick Install window.  According to step 8 I should be able to right click "SKSE" and set data directory but I can't. If I click the manual button it opens up a new window with red "No game data on top level." On that window I can right click the tab and set data directory and get the green "Looks good" bit.

Basically, unless I didn't follow it right, I had to take an extra step that wasn't mentioned in the guide to get the result. Being completely new to all this, I'm trying to follow the guide to the letter and am afraid this will bite me down the road of this extensive set up.

Edited by mrwarthos
WIP

Moving on. I follow steps 4-7. After I finish step 7 by clicking on the zip file to be installed into Mod Organizer, the next window that pops up is the Quick Install window.  According to step 8 I should be able to right click "SKSE" and set data directory but I can't. If I click the manual button it opens up a new window with red "No game data on top level." On that window I can right click the tab and set data directory and get the green "Looks good" bit.

I believe that part is good.

Basically, unless I didn't follow it right, I had to take an extra step that wasn't mentioned in the guide to get the result. Being completely new to all this, I'm trying to follow the guide to the letter and am afraid this will bite me down the road of this extensive set up.

With MO most everything you do can be corrected easy enough.

I don't understand the first part of your post or the process set forward. I do it slightly different. I open the 7zip and the main Skyrim folder. (not the data folder)  move all the contents from the SKSE download except for the Data folder to the main folder where you see the the Data folder.  Use the install option from the download SKSE and open up manually and select the "data" folder as the data director and click OK and then get the green "looks good" bit. 

5 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

don't understand the first part of your post or the process set forward. I do it slightly different.

I'll try to clarify with images. The first image shows me compressing the data folder into a zipped folder for phase 1/SKSE section/step 3

4RTRxv2.png

The 2nd picture shows my confusion with zipped folders (I've never done this before). I thought the Data folder would be sent into a zipped folder. Instead, I get a copy of the Data folder zipped into an archive and the original Data folder is still there unzipped.

cKy3Jah.png

The 3rd picture shows me copying everything but the zipped folder and pasting it all into the skyrim folder.  Now, there is a zipped data folder (now called SKSE) and an unzipped data folder. Does the unzipped data folder get copied with the rest of the folders and pasted into the skyrim folder? 

ZkrwLPi.png

That was one of my problems. I figured I was right about steps 4-8 I just wanted to double check.

The data folder underlined in red is the SKSE folder you created. This you don't copy. You copy everything else to the main folder in Skyrim  like your photo shows. The SKSE folder you use in the second step when you use and install with Mod Organizer as you stated you did earlier.

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply. 

My next question is about automatic archive invalidation at the beginning of phase 2. There are instructions here that seem to conflict with the supported version 1.3.8 of mod organizer. I'll post a picture to clarify. On the right side of the image I have the guide open to phase 2 where I think it conflicts with MO.

fOnD6Ye.png

Apparently I can just click on the button 'Back-date BSAs' to get the same result as the second set of steps 2 and 3. If that does not achieve the same results as the instructions please let me know.

Edit: I'm guessing I'm right about the Back-date BSAs thing, so here's another bit I have a question about.  At the end of phase 2 there is a link to download the 'Another Sorting Mod -2016' file. It's had a recent update and now requires a mod called 'Cutting Room Floor.esp.'

nL4NZX3.png

Here's a couple of links to Another Sorting Mod and Cutting Room Floor.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72428/? ASM

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/47327/? CRF

Question is, is it safe to continue without downloading cutting room floor (since it's not on the guide)? 

Edited by mrwarthos
updates

On 5/9/2016 at 9:40 PM, mrwarthos said:

New mod user here, so I'll probably have more than a few questions.  In phase 1 we've got a link for mod organizer and the guide says the current supported version is 1.3.8. I've checked the nexus and the latest version is 1.3.11. Now, can I download mod organizer 1.3.11 or do I absolutely need to download 1.3.8?

Edit: I've downloaded 1.3.8 and moved on to the instructions for SKSE in phase 1.  From here on out just assume that I know next to nothing about how all this stuff works. In step 3 for SKSE I am instructed to right click and make "Data" either a .zip or .7z Archive and to name it SKSE. I right clicked the folder Data and chose the option 'Send to compressed (zip) folder.' That made a new file named Data. 

Is that right? From the instructions I thought the Data folder itself was going to change into a zip file. Instead, it just added a new zip folder and left the old one alone.

1) The latest supported version of MO FOR THIS GUIDE is 1.3.8. It clearly states that if you use any other version of MO that it can cause complications with this guide. 
Please read.

2) The ID picture at the top of MO, not in the workarounds tab. Again. Read. 

This is all coming down to things not being read that are clearly written. Things that I know I've cleared up because RitualClarity brought the same concerns to me. 
EDIT: Another potential problem could be that the introduction video to MO has not been watched. Watch it.

If something isn't working for you, take a step back, breathe, get a cup of coffee... come back in 10 minutes, REREAD the instructions, and try again. 

That's all I can say. 

This guide was typed up AS I WAS INSTALLING, and each step was typed as it was taken. Read carefully.

5 hours ago, Anatriax said:

1) The latest supported version of MO FOR THIS GUIDE is 1.3.8. It clearly states that if you use any other version of MO that it can cause complications with this guide. 
Please read.

I'll agree with you on this one. It clearly states that the current supported MO for the guide is 1.3.8.  I asked a question that had already been answered. I've been reading your guide extensively, missed points, and that has led me to error, but thank you for getting back to me on it.

2) The ID picture at the top of MO, not in the workarounds tab. Again. Read.

Yikes, yep the id button is there clear as day, its even in the picture I took. I swear I have tunnel vision. I'll post a pic of what got me so confused. 

C1JpLx3.png

as for this part of the guide, I'd say that step 1 would have to be removed to follow steps 2 and 3. Otherwise, yes the id pic is right there at the top and your instructions are thorough. 

This is all coming down to things not being read that are clearly written. Things that I know I've cleared up because RitualClarity brought the same concerns to me. 

The whole 1.3.11 MO issue was me making an assumption I shouldn't have, but as for my problem with Phase 2 I did follow your instructions to the letter.  I'll post a copy of the section (also included in the picture) that I was having trouble with.

Next we're going to do a few other things to set up MO. 

1) Click the wrench again, and go to the Workarounds tab.
2) Click the ID picture at the top (Configure Profiles, when you hover over it).
3) Check "Automatic Archive Invalidation" for the default profle. 
--You can rename it to whatever you like. Mine is simply "Anatriax"--

If I follow Step 1 and go to the Workarounds tab, I can't follow Step 2 and click on the ID picture outside of the tab. If I try, the screen flashes and doesn't open it.  I'd have to close the workarounds window first. Now, I didn't think to close a window the guide tells me to have open. I thought, "There must be an ID picture at the top of the window for the Workarounds tab. Otherwise, why would I have it open?"  I got confused, and the solution "Ignore Step 1 and just click on the ID card at the top of the main MO page" didn't occur to me. Why? Because I was certain that step 1 was right and I was looking at it wrong.

Now, I'll admit I've been making mountains out of mole hills, but I am new at this and certain simple fixes don't look like mole hills at first. Now it's obvious and I have experienced modders like you to thank for helping me through it. 

Edited by mrwarthos

Hello! Very thorough instructions on the guide so far, which I appreciate greatly!

One problem I'm running into, however, I can't get TES5edit to come up when I try to install it from the archive. I've been downloading TES5edit 3.1.2 from the Nexus like the guide says, and after receiving the zipped file, extracting the whole thing (TES5Edit 3.1.2-25859-3-1-2.7z) into "%/steamapps/common/skyirm/mod organizer/downloads" where you said your TES5Edit was in the guide. However, when I go through the process of installing a mod from an archive, when I get to /downloads, all there is is a folder titled, "TES5Edit 3.1.2-25859-3-1-2.7z" with an empty folder titled, "Edit Scripts" inside. Those folders are mentioned in the guide, but I don't see any way to "Click okay, and ignore missing data when it asks" as your guide says. All I see is another prompt to open the empty folder. 

Have I done something incorrectly in the process of extracting TES5Edit? Or is it something else I've done incorrectly? Up until this point, I've followed your guide exactly. Thank you for your consideration of my issue.

-Nifty

Hello. I'm finally at phase 8 and I'm a the part where I must open and run LOOT. However, when I do that i get an error saying "Failed to load URL file:///E:/Steam/LOOT/resources/ui/index.html with error (-6)."

I made sure that LOOT was in not in the Mod Organizer folder but beyond that I'm not sure where it's supposed to go now. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am so close yet so far away.

14 hours ago, katuc said:

Hello. I'm finally at phase 8 and I'm a the part where I must open and run LOOT. However, when I do that i get an error saying "Failed to load URL file:///E:/Steam/LOOT/resources/ui/index.html with error (-6)."

I made sure that LOOT was in not in the Mod Organizer folder but beyond that I'm not sure where it's supposed to go now. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am so close yet so far away.

It states in the tutorial

Get the latest version of LOOT. Extract to %\Games where Skyrim is installed. Not to the actual Skyrim or further in, just in the games folders next to "steamapps"

I didn't place it there. I placed it in C:/LOOT and ran it from there however I believe she intended it to go into your Steam folder where you see "steamapps". In any case it has to be properly extracted and then that folder placed into the location where you wish it to be. Then when you follow the instructions to run LOOT you find the EXE in the folder and then follow the instructions set forth on the tutorial.

Get the latest version of LOOT. Extract to %\Games where Skyrim is installed. Not to the actual Skyrim or further in, just in the games folders next to "steamapps"

By the way you shouldn't have three "///" in your file.

Just as an aside, Wyrmstooth is currently not available to be downloaded from Nexus.  Not sure why, but the whole mod is simply gone.  

So I would remove that section of the guide (perhaps just for now) and maybe make a correction to add in mod 51339 - the link to the Falskaar (and wyrmstooth) maps with roads but only grab the Falskaar one.

Edit #1 - and of course, on the other files/mods which follow below 51339, similar changes to only cover Falskaar and not Wyrmstooth to those as well.

Edited by begalund
forgot to add in the other mods

On 5/19/2016 at 8:15 AM, begalund said:

Just as an aside, Wyrmstooth is currently not available to be downloaded from Nexus.  Not sure why, but the whole mod is simply gone.  

So I would remove that section of the guide (perhaps just for now) and maybe make a correction to add in mod 51339 - the link to the Falskaar (and wyrmstooth) maps with roads but only grab the Falskaar one.

Edit #1 - and of course, on the other files/mods which follow below 51339, similar changes to only cover Falskaar and not Wyrmstooth to those as well.

The Author of Wyrmstooth has simply vanished from the Internet-literally, with all his Mods. Yes just garb the Falskaar map, and yes appropriate adjust to the Mods since Wyrmstooth is gone. Imo the Legacy of the DragonBorn is simply a Huge Mod in of itself so your not going to be missing much in form of content- it's almost literally as big as the game itself, so many, many hours of added content.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nevermind - figured it out: Okay, different problem.

Following the guide and I hit Phase 8 - DynDOLOD.  I've moved it to the bottom of the right panel, I run TES5 and load everything as instructed.  No errors and it finishes background load.

However, when I then right click on skyrim.esm and "Apply Script" there isn't anything in the drop down in the new window that in any way resembles "DynDOLOD Worlds".  I'm probably missing something minor from a step much further up, but I'll be damned if I can figure out what I missed.

Of course, I haven't completely checked through both of these threads yet (which I am about to do), so it's possible this question has already been answered - or that the answer is inherently obvious.

Solution:  Turns out it was a TES5 issue - specifically, it seems I still had an older version on my system, and MO had links pointing to both versions.  The one in my toolbar never got updated, and was *just* old enough that it couldn't see (or run obviously) the dyndolod scripts.  I got it fixed this morning, after finally finding the problem, and it's been running for about 20 minutes with no issues so far.  

Nothing to see here, we are a hedge, please move along.

Edited by begalund
solved problem
  • Like 1

Thanks for not only reporting the problem you had but working through it and reporting back the solution. :)

there indeed might be many others that have the wrong version of TES. I am not used to all the mods and setup that she uses in her tutorial but do seem to remembe now that I had a similar problem because I just used the version I had downloaded already.. :) Which of course didn't work.

Done the guide and followed it well, Skyrim looks great and works awesome.

But i do have a question,

What's your stance on http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2476-all-in-one-hdt-animated-pussy/ if we want to use it? (I am using UUNP), I do have 2 Profiles which the first being my custom skyrim and the second being yours.

For Clarification that mod is being used in my Custom Skyrim Profile.

She isn't here on the site currently and might not be here for awhile.

The tutorial is a guide to get a beautiful Skyrim. The rest of the added mods are yours to discover. If you want I would suggest a new profile and save set and have at it experiment with the various options you can add to the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I know Ana isn't around right now.   I myself have not been around much since late April/Early May, due to some personal family issues that had to be taken care of.

But I thought I'd go ahead and ask this, just in case Ana comes by and sees it, or Ritual or someone would want to chime in.

I'm just now getting back to finishing this, and I was wondering about timescale.    

The guide is designed for immersion, so I was just wondering if there was a preferred way of changing the timescale, since the default one is not very immersive anyway.    As I understand it, if you use Frostfall and iNeed, you would have to change it, due to the fact you would be needing to eat all the time that you are playing.

Edited by Pkatt