Fallout 76

If I was Bethesda, what I would do is refund everyone,, close down 76 servers and just scrap the whole online thing. I would rework 76 making it a single player experience, and add it as a Fallout 4 expansion for $5. The would recover some credibility and learn the lesson at the same time.

Rework as in, add Human NPCs, still leave some holotapes and terminals to help tell a story, but not make neither of them a priority to tell a story or start quests. Remove the flying cerberus-thing boss, and what ever else needs to be flipped to make the game better.

Edited by endgameaddiction

6 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

If I was Bethesda, what I would do is refund everyone,, close down 76 servers and just scrap the whole online thing. I would rework 76 making it a single player experience, and add it as a Fallout 4 expansion for $5. The would recover some credibility and learn the lesson at the same time.

Rework as in, add Human NPCs, still leave some holotapes and terminals to help tell a story, but not make neither of them a priority to tell a story or start quests. Remove the flying cerberus-thing boss, and what ever else needs to be flipped to make the game better.

Their stock holders woudln't let that happen IMO... however, for customer service and to avoid the lawsuit... they could however offer a limited time refund to all people that purchased the game before the date of announcement. Then they would resolve the issues. People that purchased the game later... would be.... considered have knowledge of the state of the game. At least the opportunity to obtain the info needed for an educated purchase. That should solve most of their current issues.

In Bethesda's shoes I would take the game offline and refund everyone's money.  Accept the loss for what it is.  Then I would rework 76 as a single player game; no pvp, no co-op, no microtransaction store.  Then I would devote one calendar year to nothing but bug fixes; no engine updates or anything else, just fix what is broken.  Finally I would remove all lore breaking elements; BOS, the Enclave, super mutants, brahmin, deathclaws AND the story elements.  What I would add; replace the super mutants with creatures like the hillbillies from FO3 Point Lookout, and add human NPCs who are fellow 76 residents.  They don't need quests or extended dialogue, just use them as vendors or people to trade goods with.  Also make the Overseer a real person who joins you with a small band of fellow residents for the final boss battle.  Don't change the story premise or anything else like that.

And FINALLY I would release the game at the sticker price of $10.00.  All of that would could potentially save Bethesda's reputation and restore a little faith in the company.  Also, people wouldn't have Starfield and ES6 in the sniper's crosshairs the way they do now.  It would give Bethesda wiggle room for their next release.  BUT none of this is going to happen because Bethesda has always been a shit stain company and they're not about to change.

3 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

In Bethesda's shoes I would take the game offline and refund everyone's money.  Accept the loss for what it is.  Then I would rework 76 as a single player game; no pvp, no co-op, no microtransaction store.  Then I would devote one calendar year to nothing but bug fixes; no engine updates or anything else, just fix what is broken.  Finally I would remove all lore breaking elements; BOS, the Enclave, super mutants, brahmin, deathclaws AND the story elements.  What I would add; replace the super mutants with creatures like the hillbillies from FO3 Point Lookout, and add human NPCs who are fellow 76 residents.  They don't need quests or extended dialogue, just use them as vendors or people to trade goods with.  Also make the Overseer a real person who joins you with a small band of fellow residents for the final boss battle.  Don't change the story premise or anything else like that.

And FINALLY I would release the game at the sticker price of $10.00.  All of that would could potentially save Bethesda's reputation and restore a little faith in the company.  Also, people wouldn't have Starfield and ES6 in the sniper's crosshairs the way they do now.  It would give Bethesda wiggle room for their next release.  BUT none of this is going to happen because Bethesda has always been a shit stain company and they're not about to change.

But, but... then...

That wouldn't be Bethesda!

;)

I'm stepping out of that pathetic thread on LL. Because as much as I would enjoy directly attacking all those who have labeled anyone who isn't part of the Beth bandwagon a hater or troll, if anyone one of us "haters" or "trolls" (not denying, I'm definitely a both) do, that's when the fucking lame ass moderators will chime in and tell people to chill, but let it be known as it was back in 2015 that those who emotionally latch onto this game defending it wearing their white knight cuck armor get a free pass. They can continue to stroke their dicks to FO4 and 76. They deserve 76 in every bit of condition it is in.

Nothing has and never will change at LL.

White knights since then haven't learned to block anyone who deems to speak in hate speech language. They enjoy every bit of reading and enjoy getting riled up and throw a fit when people aren't emotionally attached to Bethesda like they are.

• Agree 1

How to fix FO76:

1. Remove quests
  2. Remove quest givers (Robots, computers)
  3. Remove ghouls, mutants etc.
  4. Remove crafting
  5. Remove all PVP restrictions
  6. Turn the game into a Battle Royale type of thing in which players try to find the pass code to be able to enter a vault in order to survive the nuclear war, which is just started.
  7. Players are spawned in random locations at the start of the game.
  8. Pass code is placed inside a random container somewhere on the map.
  9. Nukes start to drop randomly on the map after a while and players have to evacuate these areas before they get nuked.
  10. Only one player is allowed to enter the vault, so they are allowed to kill the player who currently has the pass code and take it for themselves.
  11.  Players start without weapons, wearing a random outfit (which isn't an armor). They use whatever weapons or armor they can find inside containers.

TL;DR Turn the game into a Pre-war Battle Royale game. The winner survives the war.

Edited by bjornk

Found this.. not sure if it was posted somewhere before or if most of you guys and gals know about it.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/6/22/17492806/bethesda-lawsuit-warner-bros-westworld-mobile-game-fallout-shelter

@endgameaddiction

Have fun... post... one argument is a major law firm that has won several class action law suits is seeking info on Fallout 76's crappy bug infested game for a potential class action law suit.... what other game has that? Not even MEA had that happen to it. ;) (at least as far as I know) I'd like to see what counter argument they can mount against that. Class Action law suits are fucking expensive and generally the firm doesn't get paid until (If) they win... they generally don't enter those lightly.

Well, the fanboi dam has burst and they can't hold back the truth anymore.  Let them be delusional.  As long as Bethesda has their army of on-line lemmings they'll continue to make shit games.  I don't have a problem with dumasses getting fleeced, kinda like how feminists screw one another over with their 'going-nowhere-fast' GoFundMe scams.  Let'em fuck each other over.  The dysfunctional symbiosis fanbois have with Bethesda is the same thing.  'Nothing wrong here.  Take my money and keep doing what you're doing.'

4 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Well, the fanboi dam has burst and they can't hold back the truth anymore.  Let them be delusional.  As long as Bethesda has their army of on-line lemmings they'll continue to make shit games.  I don't have a problem with dumasses getting fleeced, kinda like how feminists screw one another over with their 'going-nowhere-fast' GoFundMe scams.  Let'em fuck each other over.  The dysfunctional symbiosis fanbois have with Bethesda is the same thing.  'Nothing wrong here.  Take my money and keep doing what you're doing.'

Many fan boys that have been strong supporters even with fallout 4 and such... are braking ranks... I don't think they will have enough "lemmings" to keep the profits going .. at least to the level they desire if they don't make changes.

2 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Bethesda claims millions are playing the game. I find that hard to believe.

They committed... "Trying" in that sentence... "millions are playing the game" should be "millions are TRYING to play the game"

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/100392-fallout-76-announcement-bethesda-live-stream/?do=findComment&comment=2444615

Okay, if the engine isn't at fault, can someone explain to me why there isn't this universal game engine since the engine isn't at fault and it has everything to do with the competence/incompetence of the developers themselves when implementing physics, coding and scripting?

As far as Bethesda, everything they do is subpar. From storytelling to scripting. I've already said this on LL, they stick to what works for them. Even if it's crap and outdated.

• Agree 1

Bethesda is on UHF tube technology.  Everyone else is RF and microchips.  And there's nothing working with Gamebyro when it's used as intended; sprites and platforming and explosion pixels.  Bethesda pushed the sprites technology to the feasible 3D limit with Morrowind.  What they've been doing after that is bolting on software to make Gamebyro do what it's not meant to do; be a rendering engine that can effective process a complex 3D gaming experience.

• Agree 1

So it jots down to Bethesda repeatedly using an engine that simply is outdated, and while it's not at fault and the fault lies on Bethesda, this youtuber claiming that gamebryo 3.0 IS capable of handling all those things, it's just Bethesda incompetence in how they do it.

It's safe to say the engine has nothing to do with it?

36 minutes ago, endgameaddiction said:

So it jots down to Bethesda repeatedly using an engine that simply is outdated, and while it's not at fault and the fault lies on Bethesda, this youtuber claiming that gamebryo 3.0 IS capable of handling all those things, it's just Bethesda incompetence in how they do it.

It's safe to say the engine has nothing to do with it?

The engine is THE major technical issue with their games.  It isn't just about their games looking dated, but how they perform and what can be done with them.

Gamebyro reads every creature and NPC as a playable character.  AI processing, rendering, tallying inventory, etc.  That's why Bethesda cities are empty; the engine can't handle a 'real' population.  Landscape editing is another big one.  Gamebyro can't render terrain on the X or Y axis, only the Z axis (up or down).  That means you can't sculpt rocks, mountains or caves, have to use actual 3D models and that taxes everyone's machine, no matter how powerful your rig is.  Loading doors for cells, can't move from an interior or exterior without one, no ambient exclusions either without using image spaces, which is also a drain on your memory.  No volumetric lighting so sun rays, mist, fog, dust, etc. are all done with meshes, so that's more geometry to render.  No real water.  Bethesda can't do any of this shit BECAUSE they're using the little engine that can't.  And all of that is just how their games look and perform; it doesn't even cover script processes and animations.

They deserve an additional class action lawsuit for this one:

Fallout 76 200$ Collector's Edition Comes With Nylon Bag Instead of Canvas "The bag shown in the media was a prototype and was too expensive to make. We aren’t planning on doing anything about it."

https://twitter.com/AllGamesDelta_/status/1067811196215148545

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DtGglXUX4AAuvkK.jpg

Edited by bjornk