Fallout 76

I'm not that optimistic about it, as their fanboys are very susceptible to hype and Beth knows how to exploit it pretty well. If 76 fails to meet expectations, they will quietly sweep it under the carpet and fans will forget all about it pretty quickly once they're teased with a new mouthwatering video about Beth's next game.

10 minutes ago, ritualclarity said:

Shoot and MISS.  That's not how FEV works, unless devs are retconning that too...which they will have to now.  All of this proves Bethesda writers are shit at their jobs.  FEV is now a magical MacGuffin they use to explain away enemy creatures.

Luckily FO70shits is becoming the catalyst for the some of the Youtuber former shill-meisters to wash their hands and come out somewhat clean.  It's becoming okay to say 'Bethesda sucks'.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, ritualclarity said:

didn't say it was correct (or at least correct previously) ;)

Just tossing it in for what they are using to "explain" why there are super-mutants in 76

You didn't shoot and miss, meat head.  Bethesda did with their bullshit explanation. :D

9 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Shoot and MISS.  That's not how FEV works, unless devs are retconning that too...which they will have to now.  All of this proves Bethesda writers are shit at their jobs.  FEV is now a magical MacGuffin they use to explain away enemy creatures.

It's pointless to argue about the validity of the Fallout content on wikia, because it's pretty obvious that most of it have already been retconned in order to explain the reuse of supermutants and BoS in FO3. The same thing will happen in every new Fallout game as long as they keep reusing the material from the original games. As most of the fans of Bethesda's Fallouts have no clue about the original games, they will accept everything they say as a fact. Beth could place a supermutant on the moon and then come up with a explanation as to why it was there, and the Beth fanboys would say "Makes sense! I believe in Bethesda!"... Dum fuks...

So I been playing that game for the Beta.  Got my copy for free from the tour I got a few months ago at Bethesda's office.   Want to know a very " fun " bug the game has?   If a player either logs out, ctd's, or gets forced logged out due to server crash/shutdown, AND they were in power armor or just a frame.   They lose the frame and armor upon logging back in.😧  About a quarter of Beta players have said that no matter how they change their graphics settings they still can't see the water in game.  Some enemies will randomly become " immortal " and won't be killable until you have 3 or more players attacking them, that means a solo player can't complete most " event " quests without being forced into a party of other players.

Edited by Nailos18
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've already heard about the network traffic between clients and the server being "unencrypted", but this video of that MxR guy, which idiotically celebrates that people have already come up with a bunch of client side mods, takes everything to a new level of stupidity, as people could easily tamper with the game's files. Since the game doesn't seem to have a client side file verification system like most other MP games, anyone can easily add all sorts of mods and stuff that can be considered as cheating in a MP game. In fact, the lock picking mod in the video can be considered a relatively harmless one.

This game is like an amateur game developer's first attempt in making a multiplayer game.

Edit: Here's a Reddit page discussing the issue. As someone suggested on that page, you probably wouldn't even notice if someone were mining bitcoin on your PC through your 76 client. On the bright side, it probably wouldn't be too difficult to come up with a fake server which may then be used as a private server for sex mods and stuff, but would you really want that despite being a massive security risk?

Edit2: While I'm always inclined to believe anything that shows their stupidity, the rumor about unencryped network traffic is potentially baseless. I haven't seen any proof of it, while I've seen quite a few people posting stuff that proves the opposite.

Edited by bjornk

I don't know why it comes with surprise. Mesh and texture replacer is nothing new in MMOs. I did it on FFXI for around 8 years and it was against their terms but they would never know. I was the only one capable of seeing my own mods. I would even swap world area files of my mog house and would venture through leveled areas even though it was pretty empty (except for my house furnishings) as in no creatures.

And basically by doing that, if I invited a friend to my mog house, which is basically a bed room of your furniture. It's where you store your items, if I swapped a file of a different worldspace that was larger, he could basically see me go through the walls. lol 😛

Edited by endgameaddiction

I believe any modification that gives the player an advantage is a problem in a MP game, no matter how slight it is, like that lockpicking mod for instance. I don't know if FO76 uses any client side scripts in the game, but this tool seems to allow tempering with any packed file, so you may theoretically overwrite *anything* in those packages, even scripts in the game. Replacing meshes and textures may sound harmless, but if that lets you see things you're not supposed to, for instance, such as the location of another player, many would consider it as an hack.

Edited by bjornk