Fallout 76

36 minutes ago, endgameaddiction said:

You know, it was funny when members on LL would criticize me for making fun of how bad Fallout 4 was and not ever playing it. Bethesda is so predictable you already know in advance that Fallout 5 and TES6 is going to be S.H.I.T.

Bethesda is like going to McDonald's.  You know what the food quality will be.  And 'you haven't played it so you can't have an opinion' is an NPC Cult of Howard strawman.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Obviously inspired by Microsoft...

Fallout 76 beta extended after reports of a bug that deletes the entire thing

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/fallout-76-beta-extended-reports-bug-deletes-entire-thing-3613497

Bethesda literally asked players not to touch the Fallout 76 PC beta client last night

https://www.vg247.com/2018/10/31/fallout-76-pc-beta-bug-deleting-files-redownload/

I've told you, they are incompetent. Google's purple monkeys would do a better job.

2 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

Them 60USD was so worth the BETA. How could I have not jumped in on some of them goodies.. 🙄

These idiots seem quite happy to pay Bethesda to do their job for them. I used to think that paying a company to become a product is the lowest point one could fall, looks like I was wrong...

Edited by bjornk
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, endgameaddiction said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda Games Studio regrets making an online game. Since they are the type who does minimal patches and proceeds to ignore the remaining bugs and the bugs that have infiltrated their official patches. Their ongoing of having to address these bugs is going to irritate them.

You are right but I think this is a new team of developers dedicated to this game and if they fail to fix this mess and make some money for Zenimax, they'll possibly end up "Telltaled".

31 minutes ago, endgameaddiction said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda Games Studio regrets making an online game. Since they are the type who does minimal patches and proceeds to ignore the remaining bugs and the bugs that have infiltrated their official patches. Their ongoing of having to address these bugs is going to irritate them.

It is also possible that they believe they will get a "continuous stream of revenue" through this game so they will likely have a skeleton crew working on the most game breaking bugs as long as they "support" it.  They think is if even half of what I see reported about the game is even again, halfway true, I can't see anyone buying the game in enough #s with enough continuing "revenue" to support their (Bethesda's) cash cow expectations. As a result, if it happens this way, I agree with @endgameaddiction they may come to regret making the game.  Following along in EA's footsteps. Sadly, I also agree with @Kendo 2 comment above that the future games from them will be shit (more than likely)  as they seem determined to follow in EA's footsteps instead of realizing how badly they are fucking up and fix some of the shit they are doing. It isn't rocket science. They aren't blind, they can see the same reports and complaints from their fans, previous fans, and even current fans (and users) of their games. Some things they can't change quickly (like the engine and retain modding ) somethings like making sure the shit works and being honest and clear in their statements to the public about their future games, what will and will not be there. etc. If something changes, don't try to cover it up.. give an explanation. Basic common sense and decency.

What pisses me off the most, is they have the talent (and plenty of $$$ to get more if needed) they have the formula (shown in previous games like Oblivion, for example... Fallout 3 even Fallout NV..) even if they didn't produce it .. they know what worked. They have an avid fan base which will freely give them valuable feedback on what is wanted, expected and broken... they have what they need to be a great success but instead of focusing on the company and the IPs and product they produce... they focus on the $$$ they give their stockholders... that is a failure waiting to happen. The stockholders are interested in their company because of the success they had, failure to continue ... will lead to failure and thus lack of interest in the stockholders which they are trying to suck up to. Fucking idiots.

Make great shit... people will beat down your doors to give you money. Stocks as well as customers. Wake up Bethesda!

Early info on the game.

Spoiler

7Fm1DlE.thumb.png.48c7a21e9e91664e11d0822ecd2b930c.png

Spoiler

1.PNG.a637012b57c1334d8c2ef0ba4688278e.PNG

Spoiler

2.thumb.PNG.ad2094c3a6c6e9e8a7580f18c6a3eb42.PNG

Spoiler

IhYfyOy.thumb.png.58c13df0f2505a5fdd7f5ae0563306a4.png

There are people dissecting this corpse already... ;)

The way things are setup is not much unlike Fallout 4. I can see creation kit "packages" coming soon.

For those that do have the game, I believe the Fallout 4 TES works on it.

https://github.com/TES5Edit/TES5Edit/releases/tag/FO4Dump-0448b82

or at least being worked on.

Disclaimer.. these files and the TES source is from GUN site discussion not my own works... ;) I believe they are working on this game to rip components out so they can use it in Fallout 4 (and other games perhaps)

• Like 1

If the game assets are packed in ba2 format they can be extracted and converted.  I wouldn't be surprised if the meshes are nifs and the textures are standard Bethesda 8-11 layer direct draw surface.  From what I've seen FO4 and FO70Shits are practically the same fucking game.

9 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

If the game assets are packed in ba2 format they can be extracted and converted.  I wouldn't be surprised if the meshes are nifs and the textures are standard Bethesda 8-11 layer direct draw surface.  From what I've seen FO4 and FO70Shits are practically the same fucking game.

It looks like it is.

More details in PM...
Might be something different with the Nifs etc.

Looks like Avellone the shill won't stop until he gets that job...

Tear into Pete Hines all you want, but when there's a problem, he admits to it - and then, honestly, says there might be more. That's not a common thing in the industry, and I think it's a position to respect. #Fallout76Fallout76_BethesdaUK_2018.png

https://twitter.com/ChrisAvellone/status/1057840917497831424

I turned my back on them long ago. Not once, ever since, have i regretted that decision. The only regret I have is ever buying TES Anthology and getting into Skyrim. But then again, I'm glad I did. That buggy piece of shit, but most of all, their stunt on paid mods in 2015 was the final nail in the coffin for me.

They have been predictable for a long time. Even a fucking blind man can see right through them.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

This could well be Bethesda's Andromeda or BF2.  LMAO if it pans out that way.

Maybe, but I doubt that would change much. A small number of people who can now see Bethesda for what they really are will soon be replaced by a bigger number of young clueless fanboys who believe Toad is god. Bethethic, but that's always the case for them.

14 minutes ago, endgameaddiction said:

Even a fucking blind man can see right through them.

Can but won't. Let's not kid ourselves, this is an age of consumer cults and fanboyism. People nowadays define themselves by the brands they own, they are not blind, but they are ignorant, brainwashed and deluded.

Edited by bjornk

I think the dam might have burst on FO70Shits and the Youtube gaming community.  Lots of videos about the game being bugged/broken/flawed/stupid/outdated/etc.  I watched a video from one guy with 1.9 million subscribers and he said 'don't buy it'.  Another guy with 500k+ subs said basically the same thing.  OUCH.  Not good optics for Bethesda since 'Starfield' (if that's still a thing) will probably use the same engine reviewers are bitching about now.