Fallout 76

It was obvious right from the start. Don't know how anyone could expect anything less from Bugthesda?

On 8/8/2018 at 4:59 AM, bjornk said:

Not to mention... #ForeverBeta 🤣

It's an incompetent developer who try to do less and less work with each new game. I remember certain people arguing with me on LL, claiming that there was no "dumbing down" in Elder Scroll series. I just watched an interview with one of the creators of the ES who worked on Arena, Daggerfall and Morrorwind, and even he confesses that the series got dumbed down in time... They are so bloody incompetent they couldn't even find an original name for their game editor and had to steal the name GECK: Garden of Eden Creation Kit (which is now just Creation Kit) from Fallout 2...

BTW, if you hate the idea of "games as a service", keep in mind that it's exactly what Microsoft wants to do with Windows, starting with 10.

Edited by bjornk

27 minutes ago, endgameaddiction said:

Whenever you stumble upon a Fallout or TES video and it has 1k+ down votes, you bet your ass it's going to be a good video.

I have the suspicion that the video author isn't of the temple of Todd Howard...

6u2t7tryr4p11.thumb.jpg.f4cde215f297e661dce423ad13eeb597.jpg

We can't second guess lord Todd Howard... our minds are too small for his greatness... after all he always says...

it-just-works-5933b4.jpg.b445a47a0023cd35638eeceda28dbb75.jpg

:P

FO76 has retconned the FO3 ghoul city 'Underworld'.  The way they have now, the city existed before ghouls did in the timeline.  How the fuck are ghouls gonna make a society if there aren't any ghouls yet?

The game also has things like haunted houses,  Yeah...fucking spooky ghosts in a FO game.  ¬¬  "Hey, that Dunwich in FO3 was pretty cool.  Let's do that again but with scary-boo ghostesses this time!"  Bethesda is ran by assholes.

There was no way I was going to play FO76 after what Bethesda pulled with FO4.  The only reason I care (if it can be called that) is what the devs are doing to the game's universe and lore.  Post-war innovations are now prewar relics; jet, Enclave power armor, vertibirds, etc.  Creatures that COULD NOT have existed prior to the events of FO1 are now enemy staples of FO76.  Factions that haven't been formed are in place and IN PLACES where they wouldn't have access or the ability to reach.  It's shameless fuckery on the part of the devs, and most likely codified by Todd FUCKING Howard.

Bethesda is doing to FO what Disney did to Star Wars.  It's fanfic level idiocy written and developed by special ed dorks who couldn't care less about the source material.  "We gud at gamez...DERP."  Everyone at Bethesda can suck a big bag of dicks for the half-baked EA bullshit they're pulling.

YEAH, I'm mad and SO WHAT? :grin:

It sounds like FO76 developers randomly pick up things from older titles as if they were all one game and took place at the same time, ignoring their history and connections to other things. Almost as if they've never played any Fallout game before and they've been given a catalogue of "things in Fallout" and they try to make a game out of it. Which was actually pretty much the case for FO4 as well.

I believe I've already posted this video but this guy is pretty much dead on about Bethesda's approach to Fallout. They took every superficial element of the originals but left out the soul and atmosphere. FNV tried to mod them back in to an extend, they even used the music of the originals and it was relatively successful, but you could still see Bethesda under the hood. Anyway, if you've never played the originals and never will, you can at least listen to the soundtrack and can easily see how different the mood in those games were. No matter what Bethesda fanboys claim their Fallout games aren't Fallout.

Edited by bjornk

FO76 has retconned the FO3 ghoul city 'Underworld'.  The way they have now, the city existed before ghouls did in the timeline.  How the fuck are ghouls gonna make a society if there aren't any ghouls yet?

I thought there were instances of ghouls almost from the beginning of the Nuclear war... not as bad looking as the traditional one but some would start to look right off the bat like it. (Moria for example) if exposed to high amounts of radiation that didn't kill them. I seem to remember "Underworld" in FO3. forget her name, say they wondered around for years afterwards before they found a home. (changed that is) However it has been a long time and my memory isn't as good as it used to be :D

The game also has things like haunted houses,  Yeah...fucking spooky ghosts in a FO game.  ¬¬  "Hey, that Dunwich in FO3 was pretty cool.  Let's do that again but with scary-boo ghostesses this time!"  Bethesda is ran by assholes.

Yea, that is  just shit.  If they can't use 40's ~ 50's science explanations to cover that... (like the vault where you see things) ... just cheap crap heaped on bullshit.

That's beyond poor writing. But it's the best writing according to their cult. Might as well serve them a dish of turd, Todd can tell them it's mash potato soaked in gravy and they would love it.

All hail our lord and savior Todd Howard. :P LOL.  I thought Apple fans were bad... ;)

YEAH, I'm mad and SO WHAT? :grin:

Yea, so was I until I realized.... I don't really give a shit as Bethesda pretty much fucked over the universe after Fallout New Vegas...  and I don't really ever have an intention to get the game. Perhaps from a 2~5 dollar Steam sale for a few hours of laughs and chuckles or whatever, or if someone in RL that didn't know me well enough thought it would be a good idea to gift me it. Lord knows I played shit worse that Fallout 4 (and by extension my expectation of Fallout 76) but not by a very large margin... lol.

Also the die hard fans have a right to get pissed. They aren't just deciding to fuck with some story line and say you are searching for your infant.. but by the way you have to rebuild the entire fucking Boston before you can complete that task and that should be OK with you 😡 Stupid premise. That is one thing. Stupid story writing. Happens in most games. However, fucking over the cannon of the franchise without a very fucking serious reason to do so and a reasonable story as to why (think the new Star Trek timeline changed)  that is quite another reason.

in terms of Fallout 3 not really being a Fallout game, very understandable. But I still thought it was a fun game. It was my first Fallout not because I was even into it, but because I went from modding one game to wanting to mod another game and I happened to stumble across a article talking about Fallout 3 and mods. And that lead me to Nexus and I was amazed how much support for mods it had. But stepping into the whole post-apocalyptic world style game, I instantly got hooked with the whole theme.

I don't think the story is all that bad. It's far better than Fallout 4. Because at  least you aren't reminded to find your dad, you do so on your own if you choose to. I never felt like finding my dad was a errand. Though, I will say that they could have done a better job on coming up with a more convincing story giving your dad more reason why he left you behind knowing that the overseer is a lunatic. He did spend nearly two decades knowing how he was like.

I agree I don't think it deserves the award of best story. I was more affected by the story from Broken Steel having to choose between the slaves or the baby. Because what ever choice I made still made me feel like a piece of shit.

• Agree 1

Part 4: Rehash Central (starts at 51:50) is especially relevant in terms of Bethesda reusing elements from older titles for no good reason, which obviously started with Fallout 3 (e.g. Super Mutants, the Enclave, BoS, GECK etc). I think their idea was or is "we paid millions to buy the IP, so we should reuse every goddamn thing in it, regardless of what their role or purpose was".

1:19:00 Yup, the best way to have fun with any Bethesda game is to avoid the story.

Edited by bjornk

Welp, Bethesda is promising mods on private servers for FO70shits.  The catch is the private servers may or may not be available until Nov 2019...and they may not be mod compatible...but THEY ARE having private servers with mods, according to 'It just works' Liar in Chief Todd Howard.  In the meantime players can use the public servers and buy microtransactions.  That's the same thing as mods...RIGHT?

So Bethesda is going to abandon players as payers on public servers with microtransactions (for a $60 game btw) and allow private servers with free mods that all circumvent their for-profit marketing scheme.   SURE THEY ARE.  Bethesda fans are fucking idiots if they buy into this bullshit.

At least there will be Starfield in 2020, and ElderScrolls6 in 2023, and FO5 in 2026.  Now I'm REALLY excited. ¬¬

4 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Welp, Bethesda is promising mods on private servers for FO70shits.  The catch is the private servers may or may not be available until Nov 2019...and they may not be mod compatible...but THEY ARE having private servers with mods, according to 'It just works' Liar in Chief Todd Howard.  In the meantime players can use the public servers and buy microtransactions.  That's the same thing as mods...RIGHT?

So Bethesda is going to abandon players as payers on public servers with microtransactions (for a $60 game btw) and allow private servers with free mods that all circumvent their for-profit marketing scheme.   SURE THEY ARE.  Bethesda fans are fucking idiots if they buy into this bullshit.

I heard about the private servers and such and that you could use mods.. however, I don't recall them stating that those mods could be your private mods. I don't recall them saying anything about where or what types of mods would play on the server.  Very likely you will only be able to use the very same mods available to the public through the Creation Club. "Carefully vetted and well designed and approved mods ;) "  lol.

I believe the only selection of mods available for anyone anywhere from now on in any future game Bethesda makes is through the Creation Club only. 

They appear to be continuing what they were foreshadowing in Fallout 4 in Fallout 76 in the game, Lore, game play, mechanics, and even the creation club (for their servers (private or otherwise) Basically what they have been setting out to do for the past 6~10 years.

Between EA and now Bethesda crap.. I might as well stop gaming .. at least with any hope of a decent AAA game being released in any regularity. The only game I see in the next year or so worthy of even consideration is CyberPunk 2077. 

At least there will be Starfield in 2020, and ElderScrolls6 in 2023, and FO5 in 2026.  Now I'm REALLY excited. ¬¬

Yea... Me too 😩

• Like 1

The whole private server thing smells more like lies just to hype people into buying the game. From a business standpoint, it only makes sense in Fallout 4 because 1) they released the creation kit before Creation Club was announced and launched. 2) They are trying to slowly get their fan base adapted to it, which didn't seem to be working. I don't know how it's doing now and really don't care to go and find out. If it's even possible to find out.

MMOs are generally created for people to play for a long time. Just look at WOW still pooping out expansions. It would make more sense to leave out the creation kit and stick solely with Creation Club as the only option for mods in FO70shit. Otherwise it's just strike 2 on the failure of making profit from Creation Club.

I'm going to laugh if they really do lie about the private servers and a lot of people get pissed off. I swear, it's like they know Bethesda is capable of lying, but they manage to fully trust their word again.

I guess "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." doesn't seem to get to their heads.

Edited by endgameaddiction

20 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

The whole private server thing smells more like lies just to hype people into buying the game. From a business standpoint, it only makes sense in Fallout 4 because 1) they released the creation kit before Creation Club was announced and launched. 2) They are trying to slowly get their fan base adapted to it, which didn't seem to be working. I don't know how it's doing now and really don't care to go and find out. If it's even possible to find out.

MMOs are generally created for people to play for a long time. Just look at WOW still pooping out expansions. It would make more sense to leave out the creation kit and stick solely with Creation Club as the only option for mods in FO70shit. Otherwise it's just strike 2 on the failure of making profit from Creation Club.

I'm going to laugh if they really do lie about the private servers and a lot of people get pissed off. I swear, it's like they know Bethesda is capable of lying, but they manage to fully trust their word again.

I guess "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." doesn't seem to get to their heads.

Unfortunately, there are many that are using the Creation Club.. more than enough for them to pat themselves on the back and feel it is worth waiting for more adoption. After all they aren't stupid... there have been free mods and open use of mods for years and years, it will take quite a bit of time before the Creation Club gains ground and mainstream acceptance.

Everything they do is hype... that is what a company does to sell their product. CD Project Red is really working their hype engine for their new game and most here believe they will at least be honest and sincere with their offering. 

I believe the same thing about the Creation Club (however linked to the creation kit or some tool to modify the game however, it could be by invite only and really strictly regulated ;) Not like what they have now)  Yes, not doing so would be strike 2 on the Creation Club, however, I believe they are in it for the long run. They seen the horrible backlash from the Steam buying mods crap. They are going to go slow but steady. Might take them a couple of games to sink themselves firmly into the modding community with the Creation Club... Also eventually (maybe not for 76) but they will make modding and Creation Club mandatory for modding the game.  They will continue feeling the market and the community's responses. There are several modders that are making animations for Creation Club furniture for AAF for example.  There appears to be a reasonable but quiet community demand for those animations.

Lets face it... the community will crack and then crumble and Bethesda and other companies will get their way. They will keep on pushing and pushing getting slapped back but moving ever so slowly forward until they get their way. They got a taste, and they want more and are willing to take the long game. Pun intended. ;)

Bethesda isn't exactly lying.. most of the time.. they "work" it to be something different. very likely their "Private Servers" are going to be on their servers but through the Creation Club membership.. .something to get you primed for their mods. One more step into your pockebook. One more crack in your resolve. One more step to get what they want and where they want to be.