About This File
Wicked Whims by Turbodriver and MCCC by Deaderpool are not compatible with this API.
The Sims 4 Community Library
An API, for The Sims 4, used to make creating/writing mods using Python much easier and more accessible. On its own it does only a few debug commands/interactions. Only install this API if you also have a mod installed that requires it! This mod is intended to always be backwards compatible, so it is recommended to always keep it up to date!
Game/Creator: The Sims 4 [EA]
Modder: ColonolNutty - Documentation - Github Wiki - Wiki - Discord (Pre Release Builds Available There)
Game Version: 1.96.397.1020 (Growing Together) and above
A Short List Of Current Features (Not all utilities are listed here because they are waaay too numerous!):
For a complete list of features and utilities, check out the documentation at the top of this description!
- A vast library of Vanilla Tuning identifiers for easy retrieval (Enums)
- Exception Handling
- Choose Dialogs, Outfit Dialog, Purchase Dialogs, and more!
- Custom Notifications
- Custom Interactions
- Custom Icons
Event Handling (Creating, Dispatching, and Listening)
- Dispatching of Vanilla Events, such as Age Changes, Traits Added/Removed, Buffs Added/Removed, and more!
- Manipulate Sims, Objects,. the Weather, the Terrain, the UI, and many more!
- Manipulate Sim Voices, Households, Gender Options, Genders, Situation States, Object Repair States,
- Write and run tests (Can be run from within the game)
- There are a TON more features not listed here! You may see all utilities/classes available to you at the Documentation link at the top of this description!
- Download the API using the links at the bottom of this description
- Unpack the archive using your favorite archiving tool.
- Drag the files and folders to your The Sims 4 directory. The files will be at `The Sims 4/Mods`. Overwrite All if asked!
Keep in mind the ts4script file MUST be either top level (Directly in the Mods/folder) or one folder deep (Mods/Blah/). Any deeper and it will not work.
The final paths for the files should be the following:
The Sims 4/Mods/sims4communitylib.package
The Sims 4/Mods/sims4communitylib.ts4script
Q: S4CL is throwing a ton of errors in my game! Can you fix it??
- A: S4CL can catch errors caused by other mods. It is extremely rare that S4CL itself is the one breaking.
Q: Is S4CL compatible with X???
- A: S4CL is compatible with ALL mods, it is intended to be an extension of The Sims 4 and not replace functionality of it.
Q: I don't want to use S4CL because it contains Adult Content!!
- A: S4CL does not contain any adult content whatsoever. It may be available on Sites that permit Adult Content, however it does contain any adult content itself.
Usage (For Mod Authors):
A nifty tutorial has been created on the Github Wiki to help those wishing to either get into modding The Sims 4 or to begin utilizing S4CL, you may find it here
The changelog is kept up to date and is located here
Edited by ColonolNutty
What's New in Version 2.6 See changelog
- Fixed a few errors when cloning Sims.
- Updated CommonSimPregnancyUtils.start_pregnancy to assume the pregnancy is by a Single Sim when the Sim and the Partner are the same Sim.