Starfield - With over 100 systems; over 1000 planets and 15 times the detail of Fallout 4

It's a Bethesda game set in space.  How good can it be?  I watched some game play somewhere and the enemies were doing the standard Bethesda shenanigans; not using cover, charging the player, not knowing they've been shot, etc.  Skyrim is a hassle to mod and I've heard FO4 is worse.  If things continue on that track the whole 'mods will save it' shill ain't gonna fly.  MS is the boss now, microtransactions and all.

I MIGHT buy Starfield in a year or two but only if it's on sale.  FOMO doesn't affect me where Bethesda is concerned because I already know what they can and cannot do; Todd's lies aside of course.

• Agree 3

On 6/16/2022 at 1:01 PM, Kendo 2 said:

I've heard FO4 is worse.

Yes. Yes it is. ☹️

I'll likely buy the game when it's on sale. I know what I'm getting with a Bethesda title and everything I've heard about it doesn't surprise me. If they screw up modding then it's going to be a tough sale.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

What is a space game without aliens?

Something Bethesda would make.  It would take zero effort to make metahumans like Klingons or Vulcans that use the same assets as normal humans.  If I can make pointy-eared head meshes and little grey aliens for FO3/NV, 'professional' devs sure as shit can do something similar.  But we are talking about Bethesda here so the dev that could have gone to making aliens (or bug fixes...or anything else) was spent on 2d games you can play on your space pipboy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

15 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Something Bethesda would make.  It would take zero effort to make metahumans like Klingons or Vulcans that use the same assets as normal humans.  If I can make pointy-eared head meshes and little grey aliens for FO3/NV, 'professional' devs sure as shit can do something similar.  But we are talking about Bethesda here so the dev that could have gone to making aliens (or bug fixes...or anything else) was spent on 2d games you can play on your space pipboy.

They've already got pointy eared head assets, they could reskin Skyrim's wood elf head, no one would be shocked to see a wood elf in Starfield, not after they put dragons in Fallout 76. They really lack the creativity and imagination that they used to have, it's hard to imagine that this is the same company that made the weird and whacky world of Morrowind. 

• Agree 2

On 6/20/2022 at 4:28 AM, Kendo 2 said:

He says what we're all feeling.

I disagree with him on FO4's AI being like FO3/NV's AI, FO4's is worse, yes they use cover but not in any intelligent way, put god mode on and watch them, they just randomly run around, they're quite funny to watch. I've never seen a FO4 combatant cower or flee, once in combat they'll keep fighting until they die.

• Like 1

On 6/20/2022 at 1:45 AM, endgameaddiction said:

I've noticed the following...

1. No weapon degradation
  2. No armor degradation
  3. No gore
  4. Weapon sounds are not that great.

5. No gender selection.

I'm surprised no one seems to have noticed that. You can only select a "body type", a la CP 2077. All praise Bethesda, for they are kind enough to give us the opportunity to create our non-binary, gender-fluid tranny characters that we've all been longing for!

poo.thumb.jpg.827190d4bb231f2cb2a599a2ab95cf9e.jpg

Edited by bjornk
  • Like 1

I admit I didn't catch that. But I'm also not surprised. By the way the way they have implemented it, it's like they are trying to tippy toe their way around it to not offend the progressive unicorns and make it subtle for the rest. This was one of my drawbacks for any future Beth game. Since they were pandering to the progressive woke on Twitter and I believe BLM as well.

Edited by endgameaddiction

7 hours ago, bjornk said:

5. No gender selection.

I'm surprised no one seems to have noticed that. You can only select a "body type", a la CP 2077. All praise Bethesda, for they are kind enough to give us the opportunity to create our non-binary, gender-fluid tranny characters that we've all been longing for!

poo.thumb.jpg.827190d4bb231f2cb2a599a2ab95cf9e.jpg

Welcome to modern gaming, I was greeted with this when I started Forza for the first time....

Yh9tyFb.jpg

Edited by Jim_UK
  • Confused 1

As I have said before, you've already played the best games that these developers could ever make. There won't be a better game in the near future and as you can clearly see from the examples such as Bethesda, Bioware, CDPR etc., they've already proved that they can't even make more of the same anymore. Things will only get worse in the future, but besides the lack of imagination and talent of game developers, in the near future you'll realize that computer games aren't as enjoyable as they used to be. Loot boxes, items shops and other awful monetization schemes in every game, pesky always online DRMs, the lack of a decent operating system that isn't a malware/spyware, inflated hardware prices and so on, all of which are already here and will only get worse. Not to mention that the effects of climate change which will severely affect your life in every possible way, will make you reconsider if "gaming" is a viable hobby anymore. It's quite probable that some of you won't be playing TES 6 or Fallout 5, if they are ever made. You think this is all hyperbole? Come back and read this post again 10-15 years later, if this forum is still here that is.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Jim_UK said:

Welcome to modern gaming, I was greeted with this when I started Forza for the first time....

Yh9tyFb.jpg

In a Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything), Howard explained that Starfield has expanded character creation, allowing players to choose the pronouns they want, with the game's dialogue accommodating that choice.

"Really excited about what the team has done with character creation here," Howard writes. "Including choosing background, skills, etc. You also can pick your pronoun (he, she, they) and we've recorded all the relevant dialogue to support that choice."

Howard apparently talked about it back in November, 2021. 🤢🤮

https://www.windowscentral.com/todd-howard-starfield-players-choose-pronouns

• Like 1

I didn't bother to look any of this up because I simply had no interest for this game until recently where I was simply going to just put aside and ignore their flaws, but I can't get behind this. They are truly dead to me at this point. And it doesn't seem like there will be another studio out there who will offer the same amount of mod support Bethesda did.

• 5 weeks later...

Some pussy ass chicken shit moderator on Nexus keeps deleting my comment defending my stance on this game over on their site from the News and Update about this game. But they allow the dumbass fanboys to throw accusations my way. Typical left leaning chicken shit move.

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/23/2022 at 10:38 PM, endgameaddiction said:

Some pussy ass chicken shit moderator on Nexus keeps deleting my comment defending my stance on this game over on their site from the News and Update about this game. But they allow the dumbass fanboys to throw accusations my way. Typical left leaning chicken shit move.

I know this is an old post but I just read the nexus debacle about a modder replacing the rainbow mural with an American flag on the spiderman game..

They removed the mod, banned the account, then called the modder a coward...then of course, locked the thread...🤪

Reading your comment made me think of how backwards they've become.

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, Nessa said:

Yeah that flag debacle really shows how disgusting the Nexus has become.

Alright it was always pretty awful actually. It's just even worse (is it really?) now. 😅

I've been debating with myself if things are getting worse. Are they worse, or is just a period of just awfulness? 

Ubisoft gave me some hope this week with an upcoming patch for Anno 2070 bringing it to the 64bit era along with being able to play the game offline entirely. Previously you had to be connected to update your ARK upgrades and vote in the Senate along with all of your progress being saved on their servers, without the ability to save locally. They are patching it so you can, meaning Anno 2070 may be coming to GoG in the future. Why do I care? IMO Anno 2070 is probably one of the better Anno games, it also isn't taking place in the colonial period, and it is a better game than Anno 2205. So there is some hope that companies large enough pay attention. I don't think Bethesda is one of them, but they could prove us wrong. 

Edited by Alkpaz
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...