Click here for more!

The Video Game Music Appreciation Thread

Doublezero

Spoiler

The piracy thing was hilarious. 🤣 So he compares piracy to the holocaust, which any of us couldn't ever due, then gets away with it by pulling the "I can say this because I'm of Jewish descent" thing. 🤣🤣 Some incredible mental gymnastics there.

And then he pulled a kickstarter for an album but only released a few short songs after getting over 10 times the budget.  😂 Nice scam there.

Then he makes a subscription thingy for cloud based music creation, after comparing piracy to the holocaust. 🤣😂

I didn't have an issue with his reaction to Bethesda. We all know beth is crap. Todd is crap. That sounds like something they would do.

The women stuff, I don't buy that at all. More likely they were after him and he either said no or dumped them when he got a brain. (Geez the one woman is the very definition of woke freak.)

Even with all that, TES6, assuming it ever gets released, won't have a decent soundtrack at least. Which means it will be a total woke dumpster fire.

The more I'm thinking on it.... I only really like about half the Skyrim soundtrack anyway. I hated the title song, and despite liking Oblivion's soundtrack... I still had all music off there too. I always have music off in games as no matter how good it gets, it gets old.

Until BG3. (Too bad it was so woke everywhere else. But mods are fixing it thank goodness!)

Edited by Nessa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nessa said:
  Reveal hidden contents

The piracy thing was hilarious. 🤣 So he compares piracy to the holocaust, which any of us couldn't ever due, then gets away with it by pulling the "I can say this because I'm of Jewish descent" thing. 🤣🤣 Some incredible mental gymnastics there.

And then he pulled a kickstarter for an album but only released a few short songs after getting over 10 times the budget.  😂 Nice scam there.

Then he makes a subscription thingy for cloud based music creation, after comparing piracy to the holocaust. 🤣😂

I didn't have an issue with his reaction to Bethesda. We all know beth is crap. Todd is crap. That sounds like something they would do.

The women stuff, I don't buy that at all. More likely they were after him and he either said no or dumped them when he got a brain. (Geez the one woman is the very definition of woke freak.)

Even with all that, TES6, assuming it ever gets released, won't have a decent soundtrack at least. Which means it will be a total woke dumpster fire.

The more I'm thinking on it.... I only really like about half the Skyrim soundtrack anyway. I hated the title song, and despite liking Oblivion's soundtrack... I still had all music off there too. I always have music off in games as no matter how good it gets, it gets old.

Until BG3. (Too bad it was so woke everywhere else. But mods are fixing it thank goodness!)

That is unless they re-use the music that they had in previous games.  Tweak a bit maybe but keep the basics. Basically rip off the old games to try to make the new game meaningful.

5 hours ago, vancleef said:

I played the shit out of this game in the 90s, mostly just to listen to the music.

Don't be a fool, marshal! You're outnumbered! 🤣 (PS. I played the shit out of the demo only.)

Edit: Actually, I think I did play the full game, but not in the 90s, but much later, not sure if I ever finished it. I always remembered the taunts from the demo.

5 hours ago, vancleef said:

It's one of the best Spaghetti western soundtracks I've ever heard.

As someone quite familiar with Italian film composers, this one sounds pretty generic, pastiche I would say, but I can understand how for someone who had never heard one before pretty sure it would have a major impact. Besides Morricone, possibly the most well-known one, almost all Italian film composers wrote at least one piece for some spaghetti western, most of which I've never seen, and there are plenty. Some of them are really good, the soundtracks I mean, although films are mostly crap. I've seen quite a bit of them but I'd imagine the only good ones that are really worth watching were made by Leone.

I recommend checking out this channel which I discovered last year. Lots of full soundtrack albums from various Italian composers, and some are spaghetti westerns. Or this one for Morricone stuff, there are many more ofc.

Edited by bjornk
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Nessa said:

Which means it will be a total woke dumpster fire.

Pretty sure every single NPC in the game will be using "opposite gender animations". 🤣

The more I'm thinking on it.... I only really like about half the Skyrim soundtrack anyway. I hated the title song, and despite liking Oblivion's soundtrack...

The menu/title song sang by supposedly "Nord guys" is the worst one, I agree. I like the incidental music played when you're wandering around Falkreath and Riften. For whatever reason, the music makes me feel incredibly nostalgic towards the late 80s and early 90s. I'm sure there's a reason.

I always have music off in games as no matter how good it gets, it gets old.

If the music is good and is varied enough, I turn down the volume, keep it at about 20%. I only turn it off if the game is really intriguing and the music is either shit or distracting, which is an extremely rare situation. If I get bored of the music I replace it with something else, or make my own soundtrack.😅 In many games however you can't simply turn the music off, no matter how boring it becomes, because music is used as an indicator of a many different things, such as entering/exiting combat, whether or not it's a safe zone etc.

I don't play woke games on principle even if I got it for free and I'd never pay for them. Trying to remove that sort of shit out of a video game using mods is an unnecessary chore IMO.

Spoiler
  Hide contents

Yeah, that sounds disrespectful what Bethesda did, However, I'm not sure how I would deal with this kind of "OMG! They're pirating my stuff! It's Holocaust!" guy, if I wanted to play his music in a concert. Pretty sure he'd come up with some exorbitant demands if I asked him, even though he'd already been paid for it.

Hide contents

In general, I never buy what women say because their lives revolve around lying and deception, and yes, that woman indeed looks like a woke freak, or a pretty typical millennial weirdo, but in this case I have my doubts. She probably didn't get what she wanted from him, but he did, the usual shit.

Edited by bjornk

17 hours ago, bjornk said:

Don't be a fool, marshal! You're outnumbered! 🤣 (PS. I played the shit out of the demo only.)

Edit: Actually, I think I did play the full game, but not in the 90s, but much later, not sure if I ever finished it. I always remembered the taunts from the demo.

As someone quite familiar with Italian film composers, this one sounds pretty generic, pastiche I would say, but I can understand how for someone who had never heard one before pretty sure it would have a major impact. Besides Morricone, possibly the most well-known one, almost all Italian film composers wrote at least one piece for some spaghetti western, most of which I've never seen, and there are plenty. Some of them are really good, the soundtracks I mean, although films are mostly crap. I've seen quite a bit of them but I'd imagine the only good ones that are really worth watching were made by Leone.

I recommend checking out this channel which I discovered last year. Lots of full soundtrack albums from various Italian composers, and some are spaghetti westerns. Or this one for Morricone stuff, there are many more ofc.

The Trinity films are fun. Not great, kinda slapstick, but enjoyable. Lee van Cleef as Sabata is fun too. The first Django is kind of stylish. Other than that, yeah. Most of the others are sub-B level, maybe some ever dD and F!

On 9/14/2024 at 11:48 AM, bjornk said:

I'm not sure how relevant it is to the topic, but just watched a video which really soured my opinion of him.

⚠️ WARNING: If you watch the video you may no longer enjoy his music as much as you used to! ⚠️

Hide contents

⚠️ YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! ⚠️

Hide contents

Good video, just reporting what's already known and nothing more. The misconduct allegations may or may not be true but I wouldn't be surprised if they turn out to be true, cause he seems like that kind of a guy. Aside from that, the guy complains about piracy and goes on and scam people on multiple occasions. Not surprising, it's always the thieves who complain about thievery, no problems stealing from others, but if someone steals from them "OMG! IT'S HOLOCAUST!". M$ comes to mind. Goddamn hypocrites. Also (((Jeremy Soule)))... why am I not surprised? (((Epstein))), (((Weinstein)))... why not another one?

I watched that about a week ago and was somewhat surprised because I know little to nothing about the guy. It doesn't affect me in any way. I'll let the fanboys tear over it.