Fallout 4: NEW VEGAS?

3 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Meh. I'd rather see FNV on the OpenMW engine.

i don't because character models, skeleton and animations are still the vanilla MW ones and so far there are no plans to use more modern meshes and skeletons or even morphs. This would look terrible even if LoD generation was finally integrated.

17 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

FO4 without the story, voiced protagonist, dumbed-down skills and perks, or the world setting MIGHT actually be worth playing.  Not getting my hopes up though.

Yes, that... Also a larger memory system to work with so that you could create what you wanted texture,meshes wise much more easier than before. It could actually look much better!

7 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Meh. I'd rather see FNV on the OpenMW engine.

Last I checked they still have a very long way to make that viable for Morrowind, much less for the more newer games

4 hours ago, CGi said:

i don't because character models, skeleton and animations are still the vanilla MW ones and so far there are no plans to use more modern meshes and skeletons or even morphs. This would look terrible even if LoD generation was finally integrated.

The key as I understand about OpenNW is it is Open!... that is people should be able to access those files and such and be able to make their needed changes. I believe the reason it isn't quite there as you stated, is due to it still being new and having work still left to do. I think once it starts really becoming complete there will be many coming into this making new content and porting the old content over. However, I haven't really checked heavily into this so they might be further along than I think :D In any case I applaud the teams work on this project even if I never use it.

27 minutes ago, ritualclarity said:

In any case I applaud the teams work on this project even if I never use it.

Which is my case as well.  FO4 put a bitter taste in my mouth as far as Bethesda goes.  I'll probably never buy another game they develop...ever.  And Witcher3 spoiled me as far as RPG stories and character arcs go.  Nothing I've played before or after can compare to that experience. :|

1 hour ago, ritualclarity said:

The key as I understand about OpenNW is it is Open!... that is people should be able to access those files and such and be able to make their needed changes. I believe the reason it isn't quite there as you stated, is due to it still being new and having work still left to do. I think once it starts really becoming complete there will be many coming into this making new content and porting the old content over. However, I haven't really checked heavily into this so they might be further along than I think :D In any case I applaud the teams work on this project even if I never use it.

it is open but someone has to integrate it first and atm everything is geared towards vanilla character meshes and their possibilities so it would need quiet alot of changes to the existing and working engine.
i'm sure at one point in it's future they'll integrate mechanics that allow the use of more complex character meshes but for now it's focused on getting the vanilla game to work in the way it is in the vanilla game and extending general graphics (LoD, HL-SL, PPL a.s.o.). Even the multiplayer part is more of a fun project atm than anything else and will very likely be finished before they implement the possibility to use newer assets, animation- & physics systems.
But only time will tell.

Edited by CGi

• 8 months later...