Recent Nexus Site Changes

endgameaddiction

Moderator moved to here

thought there might be some meaningful discussions related to recent changes to Nexus.

there are possibly some Nexus fan boys here. Have your heated discussions but beware we aren't Nexus and we won't protect you if anyone starts slinging shit and can't handle the consequences.

HAVE FUN!

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/8198053-the-shaming-of-non-premium-users-needs-to-stop/

Penalizing users for not having premium membership is not the way to incentivize people to pay for a premium membership. Now having to be redirected to download a file has only made it more of an obstacle for people to download files having to go through hoops. it's not going to stop me from download what I want, but it definitely furthers me from ever being motivated to become a premium or support member. Not that I ever would. :P

I was going to open up a topic about this, but there's nothing new about how D0 is and how he and his assface minions operate the site. However, that Ethreon person has always been a Nexus fanboy faggot. I've been wanting to challenge that idiot for years, but I'm sure the staff will defend him and give me a warning or ban.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Shit like that always makes me less and less inclined to contribute to any online community, especially when there are paying patrons, premiums and other kind of "privileged" members in that community. They are always eager to suck the dick and lick the ass of whoever in charge of that community against any kind of criticism, a typical fanboy behavior. If they were given admin/moderator powers their patronizing tone becomes even more despicable, then it's best to stay a long way away from that place, if you care about your mental health.

Also recently found out that my "modder" account on Nexus had been deactivated for some reason and had to reactivate it. Guess I hadn't signed in to that account for about a year or maybe a little longer, but I don't know why they did that, I mean, it wasn't like ten fucking years of absence, but whatever.

Shit like that always makes me less and less inclined to contribute to any online community, especially when there are paying patrons, premiums and other kind of "privileged" members in that community.

I understand and I understand that it is expensive to run a site as large as that. However, from what I know, they are .. well... pushing it really hard, harder than necessary. Also making it extremely annoying in the process for those that don't support them through some process. This is the sucky part and totally UN-necessary in my opinion.

They are always eager to suck the dick and lick the ass of whoever in charge of that community against any kind of criticism, a typical fanboy behavior.

If people like me go there... they just get the mods. They would rarely contribute to the community in any meaning ful way so the fan boys / girls and aliens :P can kiss ass, suck dick or whatever they so desire. :D

If they were given admin/moderator powers their patronizing tone becomes even more despicable,

That is a problem.. selection of a moderator and any other community leaders and such is very important that the proper person that reflects the values of the site and purpose the admin/owners decide should be the tone and feelings of the site or... there is a disconnect and it is harmful to the site.  NSFWmods this is the case. Each holds the others to the same standards of action and acts as a mirror to what was decided this site was to be when it was first started. Lots of discussion and thought was taken regarding rules, and the way we enforce them and any other actions we take. This is however a known thing and any site that doesn't take care in this, can only have their members believe that any negative actions and condoned responses from any leadership entity is desired and sanctioned.

then it's best to stay a long way away from that place, if you care about your mental health.

The best advice is get your mods.. any support if needed and leave. That is unless you are of the mindset of Nexus (fanboy/girl/alien) then and only if.. they also appreciate you, do you stick around. Most it seems isn't fitting this and shouldn't be active there. I will be honest, I used to like interactions with them and some of their moderators early on .. (late Oblivion, Early Fallout 3 mod era) and some of there moderators at that time were cool. (old different log on credentials which I forgot the pass word to and decided to just create a new one after they seemed to lost their fucking minds... ;)

Also recently found out that my "modder" account on Nexus had been deactivated for some reason and had to reactivate it. Guess I hadn't signed in to that account for about a year or maybe a little longer, but I don't know why they did that, I mean, it wasn't like ten fucking years of absence, but whatever.

I believe it was due to hacking issues and security upgrades. They forced me to reactivate my account as well there. Had to create a new (and stronger ) password and such since I wasn't there for a long period of time . It sort of pissed me off since I just wanted to check something fast.. however, for security.. I can understand it. @bjornk did you reactive your mod profie? got mods there? if so there are something going on that if you get x # of downloads or something where they remove the limit s and such if you aren't a supporter etc.  or so I have heard.

Dark0ne is a complete dumbass and here's why...

He doesn't incentivize his non premium members to jump onboard to either be a supporter or a premium member to help fund the site. he prefers to twists people's arms in order to get them to, but that is a complete failed strategy. Years of the same have proven that. Whether him or his little assface minions come here and take a peak at what goes on over at this site doesn't matter to me. If they do, maybe they'll learn a thing or two.

Adblock is out of the question. People are going to use it one way or another and will not give it up. Instead of going down that route what he should be doing instead is offering some incentives to get people motivated to help support by offering non premium members a once a month high speed downloads. Usable for one day. Instead of charging people a month, just open a donation page. He would probably get more money that way.

Instead he prefers to twist people's arms and piss them off and that is less inclined to get people to want to support the site. His way is a utter fail and will only further piss people off and probably leave Nexus and go elsewhere.

It also doesn't help that his premium faggotry fanboys are always on their high horse white knighting and shit bashing non premium members calling them freeloaders, etc. If he wants to make more money, he needs to put them in check. I've dealt with that shit myself on there and all it does is make Nexus look worse. All they are doing is making Nexus feel like a less welcomed place unless you join their ego dick stroking club.

Lastly, he gets revenue from viewed ads. If a lot of people are using adblock, then that's too fucking bad for him. People are not going to give up adblock for him. So he either needs to look for other methods (like I mentioned above) to make it a win-win, or keep running the site like a dumbass.

To be honest I haven't had an issue with his premium members or any hostility from members for that matter. I don't usually stay there or interact much. I usually act politely and respectfully while there (as I would as a guest at someone's home etc)  and don't give anyone a reason to get hostile.  Mostly it is due to my lack of activity there other than to download a mod. Can't remember when I requested support for a mod last time.

You are correct if they are going to monitor and restrict hostilities and other actions there. they need to put hostilities for non premium members in check as well.  I know some people in RL that have a premium user account and they don't post shit they shouldn't be there. They aren't dicks.. however, likely since they are cool in RL they re cool on the site.  Perhaps dicks are dicks regardless. ?

I agree adblock isn't working and can be used and if he manages to get around that there are other measures to use.  Proper encouragement couldn't hurt.. I believe addressing the main complaints of their staff and members would do wonders to the bottom line. they seem to be better than in the past as I remember it but again, Not active there so might be missing a ton of shit.

Isn't it still like 2 or so dollars to get premium membership (total cost one time ) or something like that. That isn't really that horrible of a cost provided you like the company and what they were doing which so many don't.  I believe it is the overall preception that is on-going that is the thing that is hindering his goals. Other sites have people offering support without any arm twisting and or work to do so. Because they have a following and the members love the site. Nexus should work toward that goal. What they are doing isn't working well or at least as I see it.

@driftscape good idea for a subject !

Dork0ne (who is a sorry cock-sucker) probably got his fiscals from last year in Sept.  2018 was a tank year for Bethesda and gaming in general.  Lack of interest means less suckers trafficking on his shit stain site.  The money for those up-the-butt Greek island vacations he takes every summer has to come from somewhere; so bilk it from the membership.

Years ago he was running animated adds and adds with embedded flash video.  Those are low-balled at net15 (even back then) and I think it was Omnimotus who called Dark0ne out about begging for money since with the add revenue AND the memberships he was pulling in $1million+.  Omnimoutis was a webmaster and he knew what he was talking about.  Of course Lil' Dork0ne denied it and and the resident pom-pom shakers came out in force to shill for him.  Fast forward a few months and Dork0ne announces that $250k 'server upgrade' that never happened.  He begged for money and fucking retards gave it to him.

"The upgrade that no one noticed didn't work so I had to roll back the site to a previous version.  It doesn't matter that you didn't see anything...because I really and truly did upgrade the servers.  Too bad all that money you guys donated was wasted...Now who wants to see photos from my vacation?"

YES, that really fucking happened and it pretty happened the way I described it.

Dork0ne's recent stunts won't 'end Nexus' BUT the investment bankers who own 25%+ of Zenimax will not let some homo public school boy from Torquay OWN the modding scene.  They've been shark bumping him since 2015 and they're preparing to take a huge fucking bite out of his faggot ass.

• Like 2

IMO, Dumb0ne has turned Nexus into more that what it ever should have been. He's made it an internet shopping mall for mods. Which has lured more people in for those games. So there's more non premium members, more downloads. More servers to pay for. More bandwidth being used. He does nothing to incentivize non premium members to pay. it's usually them making that decision because what Nexus has offered them for free. But lets not forget the bad reputation Nexus, Dark0ne and their staff have had for many years and have left a bad stain upon themselves for it. Those who don't like him and his staff are not going to change. Like adblock it's pointless trying to fight this battle. I'm set in my ways and noting that him or his staff does is going to change that. But people who have no problem with him, his staff and Nexus for the most part will be on the fence or have a general distaste for this move. All he's doing is pissing off more people and furthering their likelihood of ever supporting Nexus.

D0's purpose of Nexus is purely to bank off of. He has no interest in the community itself. He's in it for the money. Maybe once upon a time that was different when it was niche. But clearly as of right now it's obvious more than ever that it's about the money. He bit off more than he can chew and we have to fork over cash for the decisions he's made.

Edited by driftscape

18 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Dork0ne (who is a sorry cock-sucker) probably got his fiscals from last year in Sept.  2018 was a tank year for Bethesda and gaming in general.  Lack of interest means less suckers trafficking on his shit stain site.  The money for those up-the-butt Greek island vacations he takes every summer has to come from somewhere; so bilk it from the membership.

Years ago he was running animated adds and adds with embedded flash video.  Those are low-balled at net15 (even back then) and I think it was Omnimotus who called Dark0ne out about begging for money since with the add revenue AND the memberships he was pulling in $1million+.  Omnimoutis was a webmaster and he knew what he was talking about.  Of course Lil' Dork0ne denied it and and the resident pom-pom shakers came out in force to shill for him.  Fast forward a few months and Dork0ne announces that $250k 'server upgrade' that never happened.  He begged for money and fucking retards gave it to him.

"The upgrade that no one noticed didn't work so I had to roll back the site to a previous version.  It doesn't matter that you didn't see anything...because I really and truly did upgrade the servers.  Too bad all that money you guys donated was wasted...Now who wants to see photos from my vacation?"

YES, that really fucking happened and it pretty happened the way I described it.

Dork0ne's recent stunts won't 'end Nexus' BUT the investment bankers who own 25%+ of Zenimax will not let some homo public school boy from Torquay OWN the modding scene.  They've been shark bumping him since 2015 and they're preparing to take a huge fucking bite out of his faggot ass.

maybe Bethesda sold him those servers....

It just works!

:P

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I wanted to check out the statistics of Nexus to see if the changes they made a few months ago has had any impact. But I can't because it's broken not working. I was curious because even though I downloaded the plugin/addon above, and it worked fine, it stopped working and I had to resort back to the stupid prompt page and 5 second wait. And ever sine then, I have about 40 tabs of mods to download opened on Firefox and I have been incredible uninterested in downloading mods ever since this implementation they did. I was wondering if so many others were as well and to see if the download rate has significantly gone down. I'm going to assume yes. But I would like to see if I'm right. Oh well...

https://www.nexusmods.com/about/stats#display=downloads&bh=ignore

Oh, look at that. The nexus shill have removed the post. Not surprised. Bunch of faggots. And they wonder why they make so many enemies and get their site DDOS. There's still a link in the comments thankfully. Here's the link: https://github.com/randomtdev/nexusmods_downloadfix/

Modding literally has gone down the toilet. Nexus twisting people's arms into paying for a better service by putting obstacles to annoy you. Mod thieves stealing assets and using Bethesda's plugin to bank off of stupid people who throw money at them over at Patreon and the likes.

Edited by driftscape