The 64 bit engine, however, will not undo all of the ill will that was created because of the paid mod fiasco.

Ah.... now I see what you were stating.

And they still don't understand the modding community and the to be honest, I don't think they care. This is clearly evident by how Bethesda treated DarkFox and other modders during the Creation Kit closed beta.

You might be correct about them not caring.. However it might be that they honestly have no clue what the hell they are doing or the effects that they are actually having. They didn't remove the paid for mods until a total stink storm so high and strong reached the very highest in the company. I is so very possible whomever is responsible for the public relations, web page and general consumer communications is a complete moron and they (the higher up / admin) just don't have a clue to how bad they truly are doing. I am sure some there are really curious as to why they aren't getting the GOTY for Fallout 4 and likely blame those reviewers and naysayers and such for the results. (which is likely the reason they tightened down on the review code and only let them out 1 day before.)

However the results are the same. They are failing on all measures in the customers eyes. even those that praise the company has problems with what they are doing. This will continue until they actually come to terms and realize the true damage they are doing and hopefully before it is too late.

I don't understand this post and I believe you're misinterpreting what I'm trying to say. I'm not blaming the 64 bit version for driving modders away, I'm blaming Bethesda. If a modders no longer wants to mod Bethesda games because of all of the drama that comes about because of Bethesda's poor business decisions, they are not going to make any.

Ah.. now it makes sense.. to explain.

I'd argue they've made things worse for Skyrim fans. Porting the game to a 64 bit engine is good but they done more to damage to modding community.

I thought you were more focusing on the port and that the port was damaging the community. :)

Just because they ported Skyrim to a 64 bit engine doesn't mean that retired modders who are disgruntled with Bethesda are going rush back and release new mods. Will new modders fill the shoes of the ones who left? Maybe. Maybe not.

True.. that remains to be seen. I guess the first hurdle would be the script extender and likely the SkyUI or some similar replacer. Then with the proper tools (BSA, Nif etc) then we likely will get some work on this. Likely this will improve if they can recreate the race tools and other tools needed. Hopefully the new edition of Skyrim will not need to have FNIS on top of all the other tools to be created.

Bethesda's not desperate, they just don't care. They don't respect their customers (the gamers) or their content creators (the modders). Why? Because not enough of us demand better from them. They know gamers are going to rush out and buy the newest release day one and what ever issue people have will be fixed by modders. This is why they're pushing console mods so hard so they can be even lazier with their games.

Perhaps...Perhaps they just don't care.. however it might also be they calculate the need and basically they don't "need" to do more. Same explanation. People will buy whatever crap they create and love them for it. I see the push into console gaming a bit differently. I see it as an attempt to add to their sales due to mods.. this helps drive their PC sales so it is only natural that they would like to use that for their console sales. If the PC sales tank.. so long as there are console sales # increase to cover the loss.. they aren't loosing anything. This is a revenue stream that they didn't have. A revenue stream that they attempted to get by offering paid for mods which failed. It is just a buisness move to make more money. The lessing of quality and weaker games is also a move to keep more money. I do agree they won't change a thing so long as people rush out to buy their games day one.

Which by the way.. any official release numbers for the new SE?

2 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

I thought you were more focusing on the port and that the port was damaging the community.

Yeah, I could've been more concise there.

2 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

Which by the way.. any official release numbers for the new SE?

We wont know until the October 2016 NPD Results are announced. If sales are really good I'm sure bethesda will release a statement before then.

• 1 year later...

I am currently trying this version of Skyrim out and it's slightly imrpoved graphics wise. But it seems that is the only improvement they made upon this game. It's basically Skyrim x32 with visual enhancements. But since it's on x64 I'm going to see how it does in performance withotu unofficial patches. And then probably try it with the unofficial patches and see how it does with that.

I am just fed up with Skyrim x32. There's no winning with that game. I constantly lose hours upon hours of progress. Uninstalled it for the last time and trying this SSE out now.

If this game holds up then I will mod it and stick with it. Would be nice to test the mods I had for it on Skyrim x32 and see if it lives up to performance as people claim.

Update: 5mins later and my game froze on the way to Riverwood from the standing stones... Already starting to lose my hope and ethunsiasm with this as well. I may just throw the towel. Not going to bother investing hours into downloading mods, testing mods, installing mods, fixing the game as best I can which does nothing in Skyrim x32. sigh...

Edited by endgameaddiction

Have you tried manually registering and configuring the game in your Nvidia control panel?

Story Time: I bought a new PC with enough memory, cpu power, graphics to handle Skyrim32bit on max settings.  The game behaved just like a Bethesda game should; screen freezes, random crashes for no reason, etc.  My new OS is Windows 10 so I thought that was the issue.  After some investigating I read that registering the game in the Nvidia control panel will fix a lot of crash issues.  I did that and now the game runs 'fine' (subjectively).  I can play for few hours and not have the signature Bethesda game feature ruin my experience.  I have to remind myself to make a save now, whereas before I was making saves out of fear.  And Skyrim is overrated. :P

For 32-bit Skyrim, I recommend these SKSE mods for a little more stability:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85443/?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/72725/?

The first one really eliminates crashes which occur while loading a save.

To prevent crashes while saving the game, I count one to five then hit [NEW SAVE].

I'm pretty sure one would be able to finish the vanilla game with zero crashes, but I'd personally never play vanilla Skyrim.

• Thanks 1

"Special", my ass!... I've just realized that the incompetent fags at Bethesda released their "Special" piece of shit without even fixing the Bound Sword crashes... Not that it's unexpected, but that's a major bug in the vanilla game and if you're not on a PC there's no fix for it, once you've got it your game is screwed... so, if you're on a console, well, enjoy your "Special Edition", I guess... 😂

It's the same game with the same bugs and all. Bethesda can't be bothered to try and polish Skyrim no matter how many times they release it. Funny thing is, now that console gamers have mods (except on Nintendo Switch) they can expect the same quality and have to resort to unofficial patches. More of a reason for Bethesda to slack off now.

• Like 1

I wonder if they've fixed the things they broke in the last official patch, such as lip synch issues, PC's eyes not blinking etc. because none of those can be fixed without SKSE. And that last patch was such a mess, the only important thing it fixed was the CTD that occurs when you attempt to save during that Dawnstar quest with Erandur, and imagine, such a game breaking bug could only be fixed when the game was getting close to version 2.0... but who am I to complain, millions of console users are perfectly happy with their games...

Edited by bjornk

On 8/22/2018 at 5:12 PM, endgameaddiction said:

That quest line even with UFKP was still bugged. When ever I would pull the chain to release the Miasma my game would freeze

Did you have autosave on? If you did, it's possible that the game attempts to autosave at that point and then crashes. Funny thing is, the stupid game still autosaves at certain places even when you turn it off.

Edited by bjornk

I'm personally not aware of such an engine bug that involves autosaves, however, the save bug in that quest could only be fixed by patching the executable, so that's definitely a possibility. As I never turn on autosaves, I don't really know if the game actually autosaves on miasma release, I just thought that as a possibility.

Looks like there are two different bugs that cause crashes in that quest, yours must be the latter. Taken from UESP bugs section:

• Saving (manually or automatically) during or after the Dreamstride portion of the quest will cause the game to freeze on consoles or crash to desktop on PC.
    • This bug is fixed by version 1.9.26.0.8 of the Official Skyrim Patch.
    • To prevent this, avoid saving during this quest, and disable autosaves as well.
  • After drinking the Torpor, or shortly after pulling the chain to release the miasma, the game may crash.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Waking_Nightmare

I should also mention that aside from autosaves done by the engine, there are also scripted autosaves which ignore the game's autosave setting, such as the one at Fellglow Keep right before meeting The Caller, or Black Book autosaves in Dragonborn DLC.

Edited by bjornk

The worse thing about that quest line is not being able to progress in building fame in Dawnguard until you complete Waking Nightmare. There's no way around it unless you console command cheat.

Well, there is a way and that's redoing it, or if you do Waking Nightmare and run upon one of those problems, it's possible to revert back to an older save before heading to Dawnstar and try again later. Some times that has worked for me.

Edited by endgameaddiction

• 2 years later...

I use this Version since May 2020. 

IMO it works better than Oldrim, when you're using a lot of Mods. 

Not a CTD since I installed this Version, no big problems with ENBs and a better perfomance during the play (low FPS rate)

The only bad thing is, many of my favorite Mods didn't really Work with SSE. But i would say, wen sombody ask me which version, Oldrim or SSE would be better? SSE, when you got a newer Setup. When you got an older System (pE - Intel i5 2500k or AMD FX6300 with a GTX 670, then try Oldrim)

I got a lot of trouble with Oldrim, after I updated my PC (from FX6100 and a GTX 1050ti Win7 to R5 3600x, RTX 2060S Win10) that i changed to SSE. Maybe I was just too lazy to Fix all the Problems.