Are you buying Starfield?

Are you buying Starfield?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying Starfield?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but not day one.
    • No.
    • Fuck Bugthesda.

I'll probably buy it a few weeks after release. I probably will not like it though...

Former Starfield dev says there might be too much content for the game to ship on time

A former Starfield developer says Bethesda will likely have to "cut" content from the game in order to ship it on time.

Uh oh...

Hevy008 said that Bethesda will "try for sure" to release the game on time this November, but will likely have to "cut what they [need] to" due to "an overabundance of content" within the Starfield map. 

Former Starfield dev says there might be too much content for the game to ship on time | GamesRadar+

If this guy is telling the truth, it looks like players won't be able to explore the 1000 planets that Todd promised.

No. I won't. I could type a wall of text on all the reasons why from Bethesda to the mod community and scene. But I'm exhausted. I still think you can definitely get more than your money's worth out of these games, so long as you have the freedom to mod it like Skyrim and previous titles. For me,, it's beyond just Bethesda bugs. And I was ready to just let that go and accept their bug infesting games. But it's beyond the bugs at this point.

4 hours ago, Doublezero said:

I'll probably buy it a few weeks after release. I probably will not like it though...

Uh oh...

Former Starfield dev says there might be too much content for the game to ship on time | GamesRadar+

If this guy is telling the truth, it looks like players won't be able to explore the 1000 planets that Todd promised.

Honestly, as exaggerating as the whole 1000 planets sounded coming out of Todd's mouth, it was the only thing that really sparked my interest of this game. I occasionally look for new worlds/lands in Skyrim, but 99.9% of the times I'm left with disappointment as they are too ambitious for the modder that it becomes abandoned, or they don't add navmesh in most areas. I would have gladly taken advantage of a few planets to create a world for exploration. I had some ideas in mind what I wanted to do on some of these planets, but that's also not going to happen as I also had projects lining up for Fallout 4 after the official trailer was released.

Edited by endgameaddiction
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Uh oh...

typical.. .

Also a great excuse to try to sell us DLCs. later... with the content that they had removed

Why won't the developers wait until it is done and then ship. Or, at least not promise what they dream will happen then show how limited it is.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

typical.. .

Also a great excuse to try to sell us DLCs. later... with the content that they had removed

Why won't the developers wait until it is done and then ship. Or, at least not promise what they dream will happen then show how limited it is.

Let's not forget the gimmick BS sold as "DLC" for Fallout 4 in a bundle. Some of which were just paid mods. Low tier and effort content. Even Obsidian did the same with Courier's Stash. It was nothing more than paid mods. Anyone can make a starter pack as a mod. Place a container in Doc Mitch's house and add some unique guns, ammo and set of unique armor.

On 8/8/2023 at 11:36 PM, Kendo 2 said:

Well, at least their 'Star Shop' (or whatever-the-fuck-they're calling the paid mods store) will have plenty of nickel and dime base game content available on launch day.  Can't hand that stuff out as free updates later, that would be wrong.

If that would be wrong.... I don't want to be right :P lol

• 2 weeks later...

I'll consider.... "buying" 🏴‍☠️ it about a year after release. Provided the modding community is strong. I think it might take what's left of FO4 (and it's not much) as the setting is a little better. Seemingly. I mean, it's Bethsoft so we can expect if it's possible to screw up, they'll manage. I fully expect horrifying bugs, an infantile to actually insulting "plot", and probably terrible gameplay. All of which will need fixing with ... STSE? 😆

20 hours ago, Nessa said:

I'll consider.... "buying" 🏴‍☠️ it about a year after release. Provided the modding community is strong. I think it might take what's left of FO4 (and it's not much) as the setting is a little better. Seemingly. I mean, it's Bethsoft so we can expect if it's possible to screw up, they'll manage. I fully expect horrifying bugs, an infantile to actually insulting "plot", and probably terrible gameplay. All of which will need fixing with ... STSE? 😆

Bugthesda would be hard pressed to do worse story wise than 76.

You can bet dollars to donuts that they will have the same f**king bugs that they had for 76, F04, NV and even F03. It doesn't look like they changed anything (much of anything) based on the game play.

Buy it after a year? ... I still haven't bought 76.  Lets remember that they put bugs back into the game that they fixed (Fallout 76) Also managed to introduce new bugs (for multiplayer) as well. The gift that keep on giving ... .headaches that is.  It has been years since 76 was release and even new fan boys videos that are on SnoopTube shows more problems that I want to deal with.

• Agree 1

Starfield 'boundary reached' leak leaves some worried Bethesda's planets have more limits than anticipated

"Boundary reached," reads an in-game Starfield text box that circulated online over the weekend. "Open the map to explore another region, or return to your ship."

The biggest game of the year is springing leaks just days before release, the latest of which is creating some uncertainty about one of its most anticipated features: planet exploration.

As collated by Kotaku, a "boundary reached" message appeared in leaked Starfield gameplay videos from both YouTube and a Chinese forum post that appeared over the weekend, both since removed but surviving via archive, seemingly indicating that Starfield's planets aren't one continuous open world. In a timelapse video, the player runs in a single direction on a planet for 10 minutes before reaching an invisible boundary.

Starfield 'boundary reached' leak leaves some worried Bethesda's planets have more limits than anticipated | PC Gamer

If Bethesda fanboys are surprised by this, there will be a lot of disappointed Starfield players after launch.

• Like 1

I got six minutes into the video and everything he described is a typical Bethesda game, right down to ignoring the main quest.

Edit: HAHAHAHAHAHA! NPCs floating away! I remember this happening to an NPC in Morrowind. She would randomly start floating and after a while she would disappear.

https://www.dexerto.com/starfield/starfield-players-mock-facial-expressions-as-if-characters-are-on-meth-2274711/

I mean, I've always noticed the exaggeration of the raised eyebrows from the black male character they showed in their trailer, but I thought maybe it would just be him alone.

2 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Isn't that from Mass Effect?

Also does anyone feel that it sounds like a character from Oblivion? I can see it as a high elf with the uncomfortable close face.

Also, just realized that you can get access to this if you have XBOX pass.  So the only thing you'd waste is the network bandwith to download this game to give it a try. Even if it is just to cringe at the bad game. LOL>

The face expression are so terrible.

2 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

Isn't that from Mass Effect?

Also does anyone feel that it sounds like a character from Oblivion? I can see it as a high elf with the uncomfortable close face.

Also, just realized that you can get access to this if you have XBOX pass.  So the only thing you'd waste is the network bandwith to download this game to give it a try. Even if it is just to cringe at the bad game. LOL>

It's the adoring fan from Oblvion as Doublezero mentioned. The same voice actor for the birthday boy, Sticky in Light Lamplight Cavern in Fallout 3, the daedric prince, Peryite in Skyrim. And various other characters for all 3 of those games.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Doublezero said:

It's from Starfield. They added the Adoring Fan from Oblivion as an Easter egg, I guess.

Yes, I thought so but I also remember a fan from Mass Effect when you go up some stairs. Can't remember if that was the same voice.

6 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

The face expression are so terrible.

It's the adoring fan from Oblvion as Doublezero mentioned. The same voice actor for the birthday boy, Sticky in Light Lamplight Cavern in Fallout 3, the daedric prince, Peryite in Skyrim. And various other characters for all 3 of those games.

It was Sticky? 

Yes, I thought I heard that voice before in Bugthesda games.

• Haha 1

And I said I'd wait a year!? 😆😆😆

So let's just go over a minor list here of what's needed....

• Face/NPC makeovers.
  • Body replacers.
  • Clothing/Armor replacers.
  • Animation replacers.
  • Ship replacers.
  • AI replacers.
  • A non-washed out non-freaking-ugly-as-hell color palette replacer.

I'm going with the HELL NO option I think. This game isn't even worth a 🏴‍☠️. 🤦‍♀️

Edited by Nessa
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1