10 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying Starfield?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but not day one.
    • No.
    • Fuck Bugthesda.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/26/2023 at 5:31 AM, Nessa said:

I'll consider.... "buying" 🏴‍☠️ it about a year after release.

Yeah I don't think so. 😅😅😅😅

Was talking about this earlier today elsewhere. I waited a long time to go Skyrim and a really long time to try FO4. I still followed the mods on both those games long before I ever considered playing.

Starfield? I haven't bothered to check and have no interest in doing so. Todd's failure is complete. I'm not ever playing this shipwreck. 🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nessa said:

Yeah I don't think so. 😅😅😅😅

Was talking about this earlier today elsewhere. I waited a long time to go Skyrim and a really long time to try FO4. I still followed the mods on both those games long before I ever considered playing.

Starfield? I haven't bothered to check and have no interest in doing so. Todd's failure is complete. I'm not ever playing this shipwreck. 🤣

With their continued failure at releasing games AND now not even being able to release a CK for the game is the nail in the coffin. Then from what is being said, the actual engine is not modding friendly? Just WOW. Seriously, any decent AAA producer would love to have a community that essentially can fix the shit they do wrong. Add content that is desired by the users of the game etc.  Shit, all they have to do is release a game and the CK. They don't even have to have a story (like Fallout 76) so long as they have the tools to mod it. Add some content to stimulate the thoughts of the users and mod community and let them at it.

A decent AAA company should be working hand in hand with the modding community. There are major names that pop up in Nexus and other sights including YouTube. Work with them to provide tools. THAT should be the main focus of a Bethesda game (Fallout, Skyrim and the piece of shit). They had the energy for the game right out of the gate.

I bet their stupid asses think that people are being sensitive to pronouns and such.  Hey, the same players love BG3. That has shit like that in it.  Cyberpunk has that shit all over the place. These games have a much better reception than Shitfield the later (Cyberpunk) had a major blow back due to quality release and breaking their customers trust but they are still doing very well.  People are blowing up due to the game being a piece of shit.  The Pronouns are just the straw that broke the camels back. If they didn't have that there, they would have blew up on other shit.  IMO of course.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, ritualclarity said:

With their continued failure at releasing games AND now not even being able to release a CK for the game is the nail in the coffin. Then from what is being said, the actual engine is not modding friendly? Just WOW. Seriously, any decent AAA producer would love to have a community that essentially can fix the shit they do wrong. Add content that is desired by the users of the game etc.

Not unless you are Capcom.

• Confused 1

Crapcom is still in business?  I honestly thought they went out of business.

She said it correctly. If it was an online game that is a difference. What you use on your computer is what you want. Nobody is being hurt by this. It is just another case where a business is trying to dictate personal actions and preferences. Along with actively alienating their users. We all know how that works out don't we?

5 hours ago, Nessa said:

That is some major big time irony getting lectured on "public order and morality" by a morally bankrupt corporation. 😅😅😅😅

for some reason companies think they can dictate what we do in our lives. They provide a product which we buy to use as we decide barring anything illegal. Last I checked modding a game isn't illegal.  Only issue would be anything that occurs during on line play (alterating the files to cheat) That makes sense.

The rest of it they can go suck an egg.  A rotten one at that.  We can start discussing about how "bad" mods are once these AAA and some AA producers create game that actually work as advertised.  Promptly patch the few bugs that show up as people start to use the game. (a few are reasonable. nobody can test every configuration at least not in a reasonable peroid of time.. no excuses for consoles  due to the exact reason they are all the same or very close. )

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

Crapcom is still in business?  I honestly thought they went out of business.

She said it correctly. If it was an online game that is a difference. What you use on your computer is what you want. Nobody is being hurt by this. It is just another case where a business is trying to dictate personal actions and preferences. Along with actively alienating their users. We all know how that works out don't we?

They are the busybodies of the game industry. And it looks like Bethesda might be doing the same with Starflop.

Edited by endgameaddiction

Stating the obvious here: Bethesda's saving grace was being able to (1) fix their buggy bs and (2) add mods.  Sounds like with Starfield the juice ain't worth the squeeze.

What I find hysterical is Bethesda modders struggling to recycle mods from one game to another now.  Goes to show how creatively bankrupt their 'scene' has become.  If all you know how to do is copy/paste code in notepad or port existing shit then you're basically fucked.  Oh well, long overdue.

• Like 1

Not that I'm the benchmark for anything but I like Bethesda games in spite of their problems. I remember being excited about the releases of Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and then Skyrim. I couldn't wait to install them and jump in.
I initially had almost zero interest in Starfield. After watching "official" and critical reviews, I probably made the right decision. It just really, really looks like a waste of time. They should have just worked on ES 6, is my opinion. Hopefully Bethesda can learn from this and bounce back. Just give the fans what they want. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vancleef said:

Not that I'm the benchmark for anything but I like Bethesda games in spite of their problems. I remember being excited about the releases of Morrowind, Oblivion, Fallout 3 and then Skyrim. I couldn't wait to install them and jump in.
I initially had almost zero interest in Starfield. After watching "official" and critical reviews, I probably made the right decision. It just really, really looks like a waste of time. They should have just worked on ES 6, is my opinion. Hopefully Bethesda can learn from this and bounce back. Just give the fans what they want. 

I came to bethesda through Fallout 3.  I bought both Fallout NV and was given fallout 4 pretty much on day one. I like that type of game. I am not much into Oblivion Skyrim etc type games. I got them much later and on a big sale.

So Starfield should be something I really should get behind. Not watch bethesda's behind :P in regards to the crap that they released. Since Fallout 76 again another game I should have been super interested in but wasn't. I have been very critical of their releases. Due to this I don't by their behind products :P unless I see an outstanding review from places and people I respect.  

Unfortunately I don't believe their ES6 will be any better. Now that there are pretty reliable reports from people that have worked with the engine and did mods that the game is setup to make it more difficult to do it.... That just shows me that Bethesda is gone. At least with this type of game. Sad. All they really had to do is give something inspiring (but buggy) and make sure the back end was such that it was good to mod and sit back and watch the sales fly. They currently either can't, won't or just fucking don't care.

• Like 1

They currently either can't, won't or just fucking don't care.

I often wonder what it is that trips up successful companies. Is this a case of them thinking that:
1) They're too big to fail. Since every product they've put out prior has been a hit, they can't go wrong?
2) They tried something new and deviated too far from the formula (New Coke, anyone?) and that's what went wrong?
3) They have foolishly alienated their loyal customers (Bud Light, Gillette) to pander to a new base?
4) All of the above?

Edited by vancleef
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, vancleef said:

I often wonder what it is that trips up successful companies. Is this a case of them thinking that:
1) They're too big to fail. Since every product they've put out prior has been a hit, they can't go wrong?
2) They tried something new and deviated from the formula (New Coke, anyone?) and that's what went wrong?
3) They have foolishly alienated their loyal customers (Bud Light, Gillette) to pander to a new base?
4) All of the above?

Time to step up on a soap box.  (Take this with a grain of salt. Remember everybody has an asshole but nobody really wants to smell it :P Unless you are left leaning :P LOL. Then you can't get enough of it)

Watch some of the actors that have a good taste of fame. (Walt Disney)  They start acting like nothing will go wrong with them. They start pushing their agenda etc. In the old Hollywood, the studios had a very strong control over them and gagged them and controlled what they said and did even outside of work.  PR campaigns were made to help develop them and maintain their popularity.

In this case, I would assume that they just lost their way and due to some fame, can't see that what they are doing is bad.  Another issue is like with CD Project Red. They went PUBLIC and when they did many of the upper management (control) that was there is now gone.  In the case of bud fright they wanted to bring in more business. They were the top dog but wasn't content with their customer base, they wanted more. They wanted a piece of the LGBTQ customer base (which is growing) to add to their bottom line. Without only YES men (and women) and no outside or fresh view being heard (or better in power) then they thought they weren't going to have any issues. At worst they would "signal" that they are LGBTQ friendly and move back to their main customer base.  Had they done their proper surveys and research they would have easily learned that the two doesn't mix or at least mix well. With the current push for LGBTQ (looking at TARGET) and other companies, there is a population of customers that are getting fed up with all this. Bud LIght has that customer base in abundance.

So TL;DR. Stupidity and a general lack of investigation and in some cases quality control (Bethesda) is the cause. At least IMO.

• Yes! 1

6 hours ago, vancleef said:

2) They tried something new and deviated from the formula (New Coke, anyone?) and that's what went wrong?
4) All of the above?

I'd say it's all of thee above, and more.

• Agree 1
  • Yes! 1