Are you buying Starfield?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying Starfield?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but not day one.
    • No.
    • Fuck Bugthesda.

1 hour ago, Doublezero said:

To entertain those who didn't buy the game, I guess. 😆 They are doing this for Fallout 76 as well. I can't imagine anyone there thinking that this response campaign is going to change anyone's mind about those games.

Well, the fiascos starting with FO76 have been a real hoot n' holler good time, but those bizarre review responses reek of Nexus/LL modder-levels of butthurt....written by chatbots.  Never seen Bethesda respond to criticism so something is up.  What I think: the recent XBox updates for Skyrim (of all things) is a shit test for monetized modding on their market place for Starfield.  They've never defended one of their trainwreck games before so why start now?  Shout out to the chess club and who's laughing now?  We all are, TODD.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

Well, the fiascos starting with FO76 have been a real hoot n' holler good time, but those bizarre review responses reek of Nexus/LL modder-levels of butthurt....written by chatbots.  Never seen Bethesda respond to criticism so something is up.  What I think: the recent XBox updates for Skyrim (of all things) is a shit test for monetized modding on their market place for Starfield.  They've never defended one of their trainwreck games before so why start now?  Shout out to the chess club and who's laughing now?  We all are, TODD.

This is one of the first major releases since they were bought by Microsoft, correct? If so they might be responding as they gotten heat for their shit.  Also, they would use a poorly trained chat bot to start responding to negative post. Of course. Why not?  They do half baked games, why not half baked chat bots?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Har-har.  Shit test incoming...

All of those e-beggars and pay-me-to-mod types are responsible for this.  Enjoy the space they created.

sO 12 gigs and days of maintance so that they (Bethesda) can give sell you horse armor. 

Sad thing is someone will say this is a good thing.  Also sad that they didn't test Playstation to make sure that it at least fucking booted and ran before they decided to upload this patch...  Sure having editions in Xbox and Playstation is going to create more work. Of course it will. It will also give more revenue. No brainer just like making sure that all the games boot.  I might be able to see some (rare) configurations of gaming computers might have some glitches but correct me if I am wrong. Playstation and Xbox has tools to help develop and they are pretty much standardized (for editions of course) hardware. So should be easier to at fucking least make sure the dam thing runs.

I am waiting for Howard to make some comment along the lines that you can load more than a hundred mods than you used to. Meaning the absolutely smallest single asset item like a knife. Lending people to think it is a HUGE amount of space only to be maybe a gig.  It is so sad that people (the majority of people) even fans of Bethesda automatically assume the worst possible outcome with anything Bethesda does now.

Some other modderes I know told me not to get the Xbox service to try the starfield (free) as it was broken and doens'st work as well as the paid game. Seriously? Microsoft bought Bugthesda for the IP and Bugthesda can't even have their new IP on the same level on computers and xbox? Wow. just wow.

*I sometimes pay for the subscription to have a couple of months of gaming then I take a break. Makes it so that I don't get depressed at some piece of shit I buy and I can rapid play 100s of games at my leasure.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

Glad I stuck with the Lame Edition. A stable Skyrim and I never have to worry about an update.

I have both because it was given to me.  I wouldn't have payed money for a re-issued game that is basically the same.  Big Fluffing deal it is on the "new engine". Bethesda has proven time and time again that the "new engine" is the old engine pushed more and more which means it is more and more difficult to work with and more and more likely to break and crash.  They are still trying to live the old glory days and not waking up to the fact that their shit stinks and that they either needs to create an actual new engine in house or use one of the other engines that are modern and actually work. Most of them have the modding options available as well. They just need to open those parts up. Unreal and the other U engine can be modded. Maybe not as easily as the gambro but it can be modded. Work a bit with the creator of that engine and I believe it can be worked on to add the features that they want. However, that would mean some $$$ and with what they have shown, they are one of the worst (at least to me) companies trying to do money grabs. AT least those companies that have those ingame purchases are delivering a functional game. (Looking at you Origin ;) )

57 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Bethesda keeps on giving. I hate that I didn't put any time into an OpenMW game. I'm ready to give up on this studio.

I did after Skyrim, but most importantly.... 2015 Paid Mods  scam. I knew they were acting in bad faith while pretending to understand and know the community. That was until they got a severe backlash over it. At the same time, I never really was into TES. I got into Skyrim simply to mod something else other than Fallout 3. But I long waited for Fallout 4 and after the official teaser, I was hyped. I was ready to forget about the past since I used to be a Fallout fan. Then when we saw what Fallout 4 entailed, I completely gave up. And countless videos on the decisions they made for that game further proved my point. I haven't and will never support them again. Skyrim has been the last game I've played by BGS. And RAGE that was published by BSW.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

WE don't need to know how to create a Hostess twinkie to say it taste like SHIT.  That we don't like it or want to buy it.

How stupid can you be?

He's just butthurt that SF isn't being praised the way they expected it to. It just goes to show you how out of touch they are with their vision. I'm genuinely interested in seeing how they manage to screw up TES6.

• Like 1