Are you buying Starfield?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying Starfield?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but not day one.
    • No.
    • Fuck Bugthesda.

3 minutes ago, endgameaddiction said:

I expect more of this to come for the next few years once the butterflies in the stomach wears off.

I think I've seen more 'meh not this time Todd' reactions than in previous games.  Maybe FO76 did more reputation damage than we realize.  Maybe 'the Bethesda formula' isn't cute and quirky anymore.  I don't think Baldur's Gate 3 releasing when it did helped Bethesda either.

One thing I keep seeing that I didn't expect is the 'waste of time' complaint.  People aren't digg'n the intentional time-sink game design elements.  Engagement isn't entertainment, etc.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Modders ain't fixing this one. 😆

FO4 wouldn't have the level of modding it does without all the lateral moves from Skyrim.  Same thin is happening/will happen with Starfield.  Not only is Bethesda creatively stagnant, but it's modding community is too.

1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

FO4 wouldn't have the level of modding it does without all the lateral moves from Skyrim.  Same thin is happening/will happen with Starfield.  Not only is Bethesda creatively stagnant, but it's modding community is too.

And they still haven't fixed Fallout 4. Some of the problems with Starfield that were shown in the video are still present in Fallout 4, and they can't be fixed by modders. All modders can do with Bethesda games is put lipstick on a pig.

2 hours ago, Doublezero said:

And they still haven't fixed Fallout 4. Some of the problems with Starfield that were shown in the video are still present in Fallout 4, and they can't be fixed by modders. All modders can do with Bethesda games is put lipstick on a pig.

I was referring to the SJW stuff they feel compelled to put in the game. Flags, pronouns and such. They will NEVER be able to fix the issues that the engine has until they change it to something more modern thats not hobbled together with various shit from the early to mid 2000's. (tools that are more than 20 years old)

• Agree 2

I was thinking they could use Unity since it has modding capabilities.

https://www.kodeco.com/14494028-introduction-to-modding-unity-games-with-addressables

Lots of tools and tutorials to do these mods. Bethesda would have to create the layer for the assets to be, well, accessible but that is only a tiny bit of work from what I understand from what I read. When considering the creation of the entire game that is.

If they are able ... they could create every in game asset accessible. Allow new cells to be created and filled with these accessible items and be done.

Of course I am not an expert in the system so there might be some limitations. However, Unity is a modern game system and is used in many popular games.

Perhaps they don't want to change the engine due to the fact that then it would show that they are shit designers? LOL

OH. the programing is C which is a very common programing language that most programmers would be very familiar with.

12 hours ago, Doublezero said:

The secret is out as to why Bethesda makes crappy games. Todd Howard sucks at playing games.  He has to make AI stupid so that he can get some hits in.  He likely has problems with complex games as well so the story has to be weak. As he gotten older, the story gotten weaker... notice the change? He just got more and more sucky playing game as he got older.  :P

• Haha 2

It's pathetic if the content that should've been in the original game to begin with is offer in a DLC. More of a reason why no one should ever buy a game until all the DLCs are released and when that grandiose edition is on sale. Nothing will change the fact that this game, like Fallout 4 is an absolute turd. And having to add what should've already existed is just pure laziness and predatory practices.

Edited by endgameaddiction
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

It's pathetic if the content that should've been in the original game to begin with is offer in a DLC. More of a reason why no one should ever buy a game until all the DLCs are released and when that grandiose edition is on sale. Nothing will change the fact that this game, like Fallout 4 is an absolute turd. And having to add what should've already existed is just pure laziness and predatory practices.

I'm just stunned that the guy kept saying melee in FO4 was -better-. 🤣

• Haha 1

Todd Howard says exploring planets in Starfield was much more punishing before Bethesda "nerfed the hell out of it"

Originally, the Starfield director explains, the team wanted the RPG to require players to use multiple spacesuits: "one for high radiation planets, one for really cold planets," etc. But, as Howard knows now, Starfield players don't need to think about the system that much. If this sounds like something you would have liked to see in the game, don't worry, as Howard also said that it "might be something we address going forward." 

It was nerfed to be sold as DLC later. Can't put too much in the base game, can we?

On 10/4/2023 at 7:43 AM, Doublezero said:

Todd Howard says exploring planets in Starfield was much more punishing before Bethesda "nerfed the hell out of it"

It was nerfed to be sold as DLC later. Can't put too much in the base game, can we?

Na, it was nerfed because grandpa Todd couldn't keep up with the game. It was too hard for him. :P