Yeah from what i have read you are right on most people using older version of blender but i can't because if i do i would have to rebuild outfit since older versions of blender won't open my .blend file since it was made with new version so i am kind of screwed in that area but from what i can gather blender has a weight system in it now days so i am thinking when i changed the model the weights did not change and because of that there are some vertices that don't have any weight because blender did not give them wait so now i am at a loss on what to do.

Well I'd check on line and watch some tutorials on such things... gather up some info and learnmore. It sucks that it seems as if this is the only thing you want to do, but... once you learn, you will be golden if you find something else. or .. hell, do them all.. :D

You are likely right, the model change might have messed something up. You have the original right? just try again and tweak your steps .. :D Hopefully someone here would be willing to chime in with some direction evne if it is something you could google on blender and look up in a video. If I was you however, I'd check the entire weight process in Blender.

i did try to make it but as i said earlier i some how screwed up the weight vertices and i am not even sure how i managed to do so. i have been meaning to learn as much as i can on blender but from i have been able to find out it seems like using the newest version of blender was a mistake so i would have to relearn what little i already know so now i am not sure what to do.

If you are using windows 10 and want to put in the effort perhaps use Kendo's offer of all the needed tools together. Once set up properly you'd at least know your setup was correct. I'd do it myself as well but I have shit time to do this now. :(  Hopefully once I get a new computer (dedicated gaming) then I can set it up once and forget about it.

• 3 weeks later...

Quick tip to accelerate baking times in Blender 2.83

Go to ‘Tiles’ and change the value to the resolution you’re baking into, in my particular case 2048x2048 (if you want to go higher be sure your GPU has enough VRAM, mine has 2GB). 

Optional: activate ‘Adaptive sampling’ and change the threshold to ’0.1’ this will generate some faint noise, how visible or desirable this is will depend on your particular case.

Blender_FasterBaking.jpg.31e6df53ea7c5ff2364dcbf771cd6c9a.jpg

Using both options my times went from 2-3 minutes per bake to less than 1, it sounds insignificant but because I’m doing several tests at a time any reduction helps, of course better hardware might get quicker results.

What about reducing rendering samples? In my tests I noticed a reduction in image quality so I’m leaving the samples alone.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
On 5/17/2022 at 12:08 PM, Doublezero said:

I suck with Blender. How do I show textures in render?

If you want to just overlay textures on your model, I use "look dev" or later versions call it "material view", I think. Hover pointer over the object and press "Z".

657554312_Screenshot(5).thumb.png.2acee68f894a24285d958b1a23471f99.png

1252387706_Screenshot(6).thumb.png.a540fe8d3f2fdad230af30eac9aeae91.png

I only work TS3, so knowledge of how other games work, and many Blender options is very limited, as I have very limited needs. I also experiment with converting XPS and MMD mesh to TS3, and found that using Look Dev links directly to existing materials of those models. A quick @JoshQ may bring someone with far more knowledge than I, regarding use of nodes and rendering. But other info I can offer...

Spoiler

Again, don't know if this helps you, but, to see my texture multiplier on my mesh, open content material

1106674272_Screenshot(7).thumb.png.fb08e9f25d16d947e429fccbf7585eee.png

Skipped pic, but there will be a button for "new", click that to open this.

1955467948_Screenshot(8).thumb.png.01ae258c335b253acce9b073c163f583.png

Where it says "base color, click the circle to right. In new box, click image texture.

312557155_Screenshot(9).thumb.png.1bceccb7a5812bc6e6f105d570ee4fc0.png

Click the tab with pic of a folder, then open image. The import page will open. Go to your project folder and select the imge you want. I chose my multiplier.

1047104604_Screenshot(10).thumb.png.96c9e781511680ebfd81da2765e9805e.png

Press "Z" to see image in Look Dev.

1548529990_Screenshot(11).thumb.png.366398ddf3ce38af3f3a70e4d9624dc2.png

This is only the skirt. If you also needed other parts, you could add those meshes, press Z while it is highlighted, then click the image icon to display all materials and use it for the second mesh. Or you can click the folder and select a new material for the second mesh. 

649170794_Screenshot(12).thumb.png.474734b5d739d87cfd95c6bdb9ffb1c4.png

I believe this runs thru Eevee program. I believe it links to rendering and nodes, but I do not use that. Josh has tried to teach me nodes, but I am not absorbing the info. Again, do not know if any of this will help for what you are doing, but figure maybe it can lead you to the right direction.

Edited by LadySmoks
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

This was shared with me by Dailycard on LL. Looks like an interesting way to make garments... I have to try it, BUT, also in the tutorial is using quad remesh to greatly increase polycount, which may not work so well with TS3. But, people that make items for other games that will support the higher polycounts may find this useful...

I know little about it at this point, as I still have not had time to watch the full tutorial.