Does anyone know how to manual install nif addon i try to open http://www.niftools.org/projects/plugins/blender_nif_plugin/docs/ but there are nothing in there.

I'm not 100% however I believe you would drop the plugins into that folder. there isn't anything there because you are suppose to add things there.

As for the blender version, I believe it is depending on which game you  want to mod. (not that it won't work but the tools work with that version of the Blender better) For the most part from what I have seen people are using the older versions to mod Fallout 3, NV and I believe even the Old 'rim (Skyrim 32bit) So the people answering that might need to know the games you plan on modding or working with (provided that is the reason  you are asking ;) )

Hopefully someone with actual experience "using" the program can chime in and give a better and more complete answer. :)

• Like 1

I'm using Blender 2.78a.  Within Blender, go to Preferences and Install it like a Mod basically. Blender/File/Preferences/Addons/Install from File. Once Installed check the Box to on=installed ready too use. Yes you install it as a Zip file, just like a Mod lol.

https://github.com/niftools/blender_nif_plugin

http://www.niftools.org/

Personally, i see Folks venting and fuming over SKSE64 for Skyrim64, but they don't hold a Candle to the painfully slow almost abandon-ware of Blender Nif plugin tools.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
6 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

Timing couldn't have been more perfect. Been thinking about getting back into blender and finally just pushing to start getting into 3d modeling. I never liked 2.49b to be honest. I was getting used to 2.6x+ but there was never a nif plugin for it.

Just downloaded the latest 2.79b and this nif plugins is said to support it.

Thanks for the info. 

Which game is the nif plugin for ? 

14 minutes ago, endgameaddiction said:

To be honest I can't say I'm 100% sure. I found the link on LL in a Skyrim LE thread so I'm going to assume it works for Skyrim LE and not SSE. I can't back that up though.

I going to assume... you will be trying it with Skyrim LE :P  As well as possibly other games... (Fallout NV, etc)

In any case thanks for the update.

• 4 months later...

Ever wondered how a game dev can populate a planet size map with different settlements, buildings, interiors, even NPCs, flora and fauna etc.? An impossible task when done by hand. Why not utilize machine learning and let the computer do it for you?

Edited by bjornk
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 5/27/2020 at 9:00 PM, Doublezero said:

For some reason blender sharpens the edges of polygons when I import a .obj file. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? I used shade smoothed but that didn't improve much.

On the vertex tab click on this box:

clear_normal_data.jpg.6b4a20e136350abcac5a9af5be6de64b.jpg

After that you should be able to modify the normals.

Also the mesh could be “divided” on every face (saw this on a hair just yesterday), you could join everything by deleting double vertices by using the ‘Merge by distance’ command on ‘edit mode’.

Edited by JoshQ
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, JoshQ said:

Also the mesh could be “divided” on every face (saw this on a hair just yesterday), you could join everything by deleting double vertices by using the ‘Merge by distance’ command on ‘edit mode’.

As it turns out the problem was my own doing. I subdivided the mesh a few times before I exported it to the .obj file without smoothing it. I didn't know the mesh needed smoothing because the material attached had a normal map. 😅

3 hours ago, Doublezero said:

As it turns out the problem was my own doing. I subdivided the mesh a few times before I exported it to the .obj file without smoothing it. I didn't know the mesh needed smoothing because the material attached had a normal map. 😅

Rookie mistake. :P

Blender does that with every OBJ I've ever imported.  Gotta go into Edit Mode and Mesh/Faces/SetSmooth every time.  Also, some Skyrim meshes require it.

• 1 month later...

Hello so i was wondering if anyone has a tutorial or written guide on how i would go about make a port for a outfit i want to use with the race any help would be great thank you.

here is a link the the outfit.
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/45141

Hello @WolfPack Glad you found our community and have an interest in learning how to do mods and such.  Sorry, I moved your post and their replies to this one for Blender as it seems to be more appropriate for discussion. Hopefully it will bring some attention from mod authors that are versed in Blender and its inner workings.

10 hours ago, WolfPack said:

Hello so i was wondering if anyone has a tutorial or written guide on how i would go about make a port for a outfit i want to use with the race any help would be great thank you.

Install Blender 2.49 and all the support files.  Watch some tutorials and practice.  There's no way to get instant results; you have to put in the work yourself.

Edit: I looked at the files and the outfit concept doesn't interest me.  No chance of me making something like that, BUT maybe this outfit will inspire you to learn to poly model.

• Agree 1

nstall Blender 2.49 and all the support files.  Watch some tutorials and practice.  There's no way to get instant results; you have to put in the work yourself.

Edit: I looked at the files and the outfit concept doesn't interest me.  No chance of me making something like that, BUT maybe this outfit will inspire you to learn to poly model.

Thanks for the reply and info

Edited by WolfPack
  • Like 1

Hello again so with the help of a friend i changed the model with blender but every single time try to load model in nifskope it gives me an error and i was wondering if anyone can help me also i am using the plugin for blender that allows me to export as a nif.

The Error is [32] Array Extra Data List much too large. 96010567 bytes requested failed to load block number 32 (NiSourceTexture) previous block was NiSourceTexture any help would be great thanks.

Edited by WolfPack

1 hour ago, WolfPack said:

Sorry did not realize that there was a Blender info.

Not a problem. WE aren't like other sites. You were asking about a simple question that was answered then it just grew (naturally). This should be a better location for this discussion. :D  Hopefully someone can chime in and give some pointers... I'd suggest watching some Blender tutorial videos from Youtube to get the basics down.

6 minutes ago, ritualclarity said:

Not a problem. WE aren't like other sites. You were asking about a simple question that was answered then it just grew (naturally). This should be a better location for this discussion. :D  Hopefully someone can chime in and give some pointers... I'd suggest watching some Blender tutorial videos from Youtube to get the basics down.

Will do i use the newest version of blender so that will take a bit.

Ok so i believe the issue is something to do with my .blend file i think for some reason the model is not using the uv's correctly but i am not sure.

Ok so no i was wrong i just tried to export as a obj and import it in New Vegas bodyslide and then export it as a nif and it says unweighted vertices weights or something like that how would i go about fixing that?

Edited by WolfPack

22 hours ago, WolfPack said:

Will do i use the newest version of blender so that will take a bit.

Last I heard most are using an older version of Blender for their Fallout work. Not sure if it matters. You also have to get the plugins properly installed. If I remember correctly. Once that is done then you can start to do some work on blender .. again as I understand it. I don't use it .. had it up and running for a brief time to start to try to learn but didn't keep up with it to many RL issues and work and such to give the time I need to focus on this and learn. Perhaps once I get a dedicated machine (newer that won't flake out ;) ) then I can spend some time each day learning and practicing.. :D 

• Like 1