THE CRINGE-WORTHY INTERNET THREAD

Kendo 2

2 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

The advised "safe place" is in a basement preferably away from large windows.  If you care for a librial that is in need of a safe place on a regular occurrence... it is advised to heavily insulate a room in the basement and if not some place away from stimulus. If you don't own your property and can't remodel said location, then packing foam sheets can be attached to the wall by tape or some other material. Keep in mind.. you might be responsible to repaint that room and do some light patching but that is the responsible thing to do when caring for a librial.

:P lol

• Agree 1

On 7/5/2019 at 2:12 AM, Kendo 2 said:

According to a fuckhead at Vox, the American revolution was a mistake and we should have stayed a part of England.

Link to Archived Article.

Meanwhile in Chicago...3 stabbed, 14 trampled at Navy Pier after Fourth of July fireworks.

The animals in our town ruined the 4th of July celebration too. Bunch of idiot kids started a brawl and two of them got shot. This is at a downtown subway/bus station I've renamed Fort Apache since there's a fight or shooting there every week now. Wonder of wonders: it's the transit lines that serve the "disadvantaged" neighborhoods...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vancleef said:

The animals in our town ruined the 4th of July celebration too. Bunch of idiot kids started a brawl and two of them got shot. This is at a downtown subway/bus station I've renamed Fort Apache since there's a fight or shooting there every week now. Wonder of wonders: it's the transit lines that serve the "disadvantaged" neighborhoods...

Which are likely use taxes to help cover operational expenses, as otherwise it wouldn't make sense to have services there.

• Agree 1

My name is Woke, James Woke...

Bond's number is up: black female actor 'is the new 007'

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jul/15/lashana-lynch-new-007-james-bond-daniel-craig

While Daniel Craig is set to reprise his role as James Bond in the next film, the franchise is set for a shake-up, with reports claiming that black British actor Lashana Lynch has been cast as 007 – taking over Bond’s secret agent number after his character leaves M16.

You know, it doesn't take a genius to realize that this pro-SJW agendas will eventually backfire horribly and I will have no sympathy for these people when it does.

Edited by bjornk

11 hours ago, bjornk said:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/jul/15/lashana-lynch-new-007-james-bond-daniel-craig

You know, it doesn't take a genius to realize that this pro-SJW agendas will eventually backfire horribly and I will have no sympathy for these people when it does.

Label me however you will but James Bond is a straight male fantasy figure AND a symbol of (self-perceived) Anglo-Saxon superiority. The fans of these movies are going to avoid this like the plague. It will be not only the worst-grossing Bond film of all time but I bet it breaks some other disaster records as well.

Edited by vancleef

8 hours ago, bjornk said:

Now we need a white lando Calrissian from Star wars.. White or again Yes.. Asian Harlem hammer.  Spawn needs to be white for the next film..

State that .. and watch them loose their shit.

To be honest.. there isn't any real reason there can't be a black 007.   It is a title given to an MI6 agent at least as far as  I understand it. However, the entire premise is swagger and maleness that I doubt any female could pull off. They would be changing the formula. Wonder what the creator of 007 thinks of this. That would be interesting to know.  They'd have a better chance of creating a new spy that is a female in a mix of Borne Supremacy, bond, Nikita etc etc. Blend them up and create a new super spy that happens to be a female.  I believe they would be more successful (if written correctly) than they will be doing this.

They failed with the reboot of Ghostbusters.. from doing shit that the consumer doesn't want.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ritualclarity said:

Now we need a white lando Calrissian from Star wars.. White or again Yes.. Asian Harlem hammer.  Spawn needs to be white for the next film..

State that .. and watch them loose their shit.

To be honest.. there isn't any real reason there can't be a black 007.   It is a title given to an MI6 agent at least as far as  I understand it. However, the entire premise is swagger and maleness that I doubt any female could pull off. They would be changing the formula. Wonder what the creator of 007 thinks of this. That would be interesting to know.  They'd have a better chance of creating a new spy that is a female in a mix of Borne Supremacy, bond, Nikita etc etc. Blend them up and create a new super spy that happens to be a female.  I believe they would be more successful (if written correctly) than they will be doing this.

They failed with the reboot of Ghostbusters.. from doing shit that the consumer doesn't want.

Spawn is my first and favorite comic into the image comics series. Funny I liked him not because of his skin color but because of who he was and his backstory.

The film is underrated but I'm glad it never went full mainstream like Marvel and DC superheroes did. The film was really good imo.

• Like 1

What amuses me is they already tried this with Halle Berry. Anyone remember the Jinx spinoff? Anyone?
That's right. They knew it was going to be a turd and they aborted it.

Suddenly, the fucking idiots think it will work a second time around. What I want to do is wait until this flops, research some of the producers and find out what charities and/or movements they support and ask how they feel now about flushing money down the shitter instead of donating it,

ritualclarity wrote:

Wonder what the creator of 007 thinks of this. That would be interesting to know. 

I'm  a huge James Bond fan and have read all of the original Ian Fleming novels and even some of the inferior ones published by other authors after his death. Fleming would probably have a stroke.

He was a man of his times. There are some cringe-worthy Racist moments in Live and Let Die where he writes some "Black" dialogue in some scenes and if not exactly misogynist likely of the opinion that males are superior. But I don't think he would have been upset because the, ahem, "New Bond" is Black and female. I think he'd hate it because it's just a stupid over-reaction to the current political climate. 

I mean, when are filmmakers going to realize that a significant portion of their audience is White males? Are they going to keep alienating them? Can they afford to lose money in an age where movies are becoming more expensive to produce but easier for people to access for free? Can they really be that retarded?

Edited by vancleef
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

Spawn is my first and favorite comic into the image comics series. Funny I liked him not because of his skin color but because of who he was and his backstory.

The film is underrated but I'm glad it never went full mainstream like Marvel and DC superheroes did. The film was really good imo.

He is awesome, highly underrated.  The entire premise was nice, new ( to me at least ) and interesting. There was stuff that could be done with that. too bad it was just a quickie (movie wise) and didn't go anywhere. I also don't think it fits anywhere in teh current comic world of movies. Shame such a waste.

So this is what GOG has turned into... 6 Baldur's Gate portraits for $2... How pathetic...

https://www.gog.com/game/baldurs_gate_faces_of_good_and_evil

They've already annoyed me before on numerous occasions and now I'm sure they aren't any different than any other platform. I wonder what other crap they've added to the store both as a product and as a feature... not sure I wanna know...