THE CRINGE-WORTHY INTERNET THREAD

Kendo 2

On 5/1/2023 at 8:20 PM, endgameaddiction said:

:XD:

Im outraged... betterbatchlor read that he will keep his preferred pronouns of He/him and he kept on saying she.  The report that he stated was wrong when they used HE when they were respectful of his preferred pronouns.  5:03...  Come on, it isn't that hard to do...

:P LOL 

• Haha 1

On 2/8/2023 at 3:06 AM, endgameaddiction said:

If that were true, I would forgive everything Todd has said in the past.

Maybe my googlefu sucks or maybe their are so many "experts" out there that it's getting drowned in the first few pages of results, but I can find no reference to any of this.  I doubt they would shoot their big "Starfield" release in the foot by releasing another big title just 4 months after they release Starfield.  Also putting that much sexual content into a game is going to get it banned from a lot of countries (Australia, Germany etc.) and get it slapped with the highest possible age restriction that exists (even if it was "locked" somehow), something they would also avoid doing.  On a side note you can forget about unpaid mods on the next Elder Scrolls - in fact you will probably see the same pay for mods subscription type thing coming out for Starfield.  Every thing is going to be locked down and encrypted and signed with keys etc. and it's going to practically kill the underground modding scene because their content will not be welcome on their curated content store.  I really hope I am wrong, but I doubt it.

On 5/2/2023 at 9:48 AM, Kendo 2 said:

Well, why not? Hamilton is now black... So is Jean d'Arc, apparently...

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.mL9TFmXF9jNAFSkxUxkeMAHaE7%26pid%3DApi&f=1&ipt=9a1d584931aeaa32754650737368ce32a915fa6d0f9a091bd185a71f328992ee&ipo=images

9 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

Hey, I just thought of something.

I have been identifying as an alien for years!   :P 
That makes me an alien!  Just because I said so :P lol

Simple answer is NO! Not unless you include yourself in the "illegal alien" category!

• Haha 1

On 5/2/2023 at 10:35 PM, MemnochWabbit said:

Maybe my googlefu sucks or maybe their are so many "experts" out there that it's getting drowned in the first few pages of results, but I can find no reference to any of this.  I doubt they would shoot their big "Starfield" release in the foot by releasing another big title just 4 months after they release Starfield.  Also putting that much sexual content into a game is going to get it banned from a lot of countries (Australia, Germany etc.) and get it slapped with the highest possible age restriction that exists (even if it was "locked" somehow), something they would also avoid doing.  On a side note you can forget about unpaid mods on the next Elder Scrolls - in fact you will probably see the same pay for mods subscription type thing coming out for Starfield.  Every thing is going to be locked down and encrypted and signed with keys etc. and it's going to practically kill the underground modding scene because their content will not be welcome on their curated content store.  I really hope I am wrong, but I doubt it.

Bethesda are not really risk takers. They aren't the type to push to new limits and break new barriers. They most stick to what works for them and slowly progress with each iteration. They aren't also the type to ever consider ever adding sexual content in their games as you would see in Witcher 3. I don't and never will expect them to ever go down that avenue. And I wouldn't want them to either. Their writing isn't very impressive. I couldn't imagine how they would do adding sexual scenes. let alone romantic scenes. I think as long as they continue to release the CK and limit the capability. In other words, if they allow the same amount of capability with the CK as they did for Skyrim, you can certainly expect sexual content by modders. So long as they tools that are needed to created are available.

We will see another Creation Club like shop for Starfield. That is without any doubt a certainty. It's part of their games now since SSE. That is just the unfortunate truth. After the 2015 paid mods backlash they went intro retreat mode to find another way to implement it. Now (since it's inception) there is no backlash. It's here to stay. Will everything be locked and encrypted? I don't think they would go that extreme. Unless they want to have a small team working for them making paid mods that are reliant on console mods, I doubt it. For a long time they have been pushing for two things... 1) paid mods and 2) console mods. They have realized that they have modders that are compliant and will do what they ask of them that is made to benefit them more than it is the mod community. I never let into this game. SSE for free and console mods were never done out of their good will. And that is why I have refused to play on SSE. I won't given into their scheme. I will not contribute to the demise of modding. And I have long since given up that battle. If people want to fall for their BS, then so be it. I will sit back and watch. As for those that don't know, I don't blame them. Skyrim LE was deliberately tucked away making it hard to find to purchase the game because it's clear as day the reason why Bethesda wants new comers to buy SSE or AE. I hope they continue to allow the capability to mod their games like Skyrim, but I'm not holding my breath on it. And as far as everything being locked down and encrypted, I doubt it. I don't think they would go that extreme (yet). But who knows. Maybe I'm wrong. Remain skeptical. Or become a cynical ninja like me. :ninja:

15 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Looking like Biden/NATO/EU really are trying to start WW3.

I always saw it as an Obama thing, when he began doing things like killing Qadaffi, supporting a radical in Egypt, giving stolen Libyan weapons to ISIS, money to fund Iran, and finally sponsoring the coup to overthrow the elected government of Ukraine... and installing Nazis in Kiev. Biden... or whoever controls him, is just Part 2.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

I always saw it as an Obama thing, when he began doing things like killing Qadaffi, supporting a radical in Egypt, giving stolen Libyan weapons to ISIS, money to fund Iran, and finally sponsoring the coup to overthrow the elected government of Ukraine... and installing Nazis in Kiev. Biden... or whoever controls him, is just Part 2.

Well considering what we now know about the actual power of the role of American president (close to zero) it doesn't really matter who sits in the presidential chair.  The ball that started rolling during Obama's seat warming has continued to pick up momentum.   If you consider how the end of WW2 rewrote entire geopolitical regions and made oodles of money for people in the right place at the right time I can see how certain factions could be interested in rewriting things again after a WW3.  Everyone seems to think WW3 will end in a nuclear exchange but that's not a given, if none of the  nuclear capable combatants decides to push the button (if sanity prevails somehow) then it's just going to be another hot and nasty war.  Actually even if a nuclear exchange did occur it's also not the world ending catastrophe that everyone seems to thing it is.  To date there have been ~1030 nuclear weapons detonated, we still dance in the rain (well I do, but only when it's a full moon) and eat the fish.  Yes, for the most part, things will change for the worst.  although downtown LA would arguably improve, and a lot of people will die, but it won't be the end of the world.  Some people might find it better to rule over the ashes of the entire planet than to simply rule the USA etc. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

Bethesda are not really risk takers. They aren't the type to push to new limits and break new barriers. They most stick to what works for them and slowly progress with each iteration. They aren't also the type to ever consider ever adding sexual content in their games as you would see in Witcher 3. I don't and never will expect them to ever go down that avenue. And I wouldn't want them to either. Their writing isn't very impressive. I couldn't imagine how they would do adding sexual scenes. let alone romantic scenes. I think as long as they continue to release the CK and limit the capability. In other words, if they allow the same amount of capability with the CK as they did for Skyrim, you can certainly expect sexual content by modders. So long as they tools that are needed to created are available.

We will see another Creation Club like shop for Starfield. That is without any doubt a certainty. It's part of their games now since SSE. That is just the unfortunate truth. After the 2015 paid mods backlash they went intro retreat mode to find another way to implement it. Now (since it's inception) there is no backlash. It's here to stay. Will everything be locked and encrypted? I don't think they would go that extreme. Unless they want to have a small team working for them making paid mods that are reliant on console mods, I doubt it. For a long time they have been pushing for two things... 1) paid mods and 2) console mods. They have realized that they have modders that are compliant and will do what they ask of them that is made to benefit them more than it is the mod community. I never let into this game. SSE for free and console mods were never done out of their good will. And that is why I have refused to play on SSE. I won't given into their scheme. I will not contribute to the demise of modding. And I have long since given up that battle. If people want to fall for their BS, then so be it. I will sit back and watch. As for those that don't know, I don't blame them. Skyrim LE was deliberately tucked away making it hard to find to purchase the game because it's clear as day the reason why Bethesda wants new comers to buy SSE or AE. I hope they continue to allow the capability to mod their games like Skyrim, but I'm not holding my breath on it. And as far as everything being locked down and encrypted, I doubt it. I don't think they would go that extreme (yet). But who knows. Maybe I'm wrong. Remain skeptical. Or become a cynical ninja like me. :ninja:

Well I hope you are right, my concern is that Bethesda are not really Bethesda any more, they are Microsoft.  The decision to change things to make more money is not going to be made by Bethesda game developers / designers it's going to be made by bean counters.  Microsoft bean counters.  Historically bean counters will make short sighted decisions to make a quick buck now so they can get a good bonus and the long term effects be damned.  But I hope you are right, I really do. 

I think Starfield will be a good indication of the direction things are going to go. 

On a side note Skyrim SSE was SO much more stable with the switch to x64 and whatever changes they made for F04 - it really stood out when I was modding F04 and the game was still stable (well as stable as a Bethesda game can be).

On 5/1/2023 at 1:26 PM, Kendo 2 said:

It's a Special Needs course.  You'll be okay.

My brain hurts too much. I tried.. and failed.

1.  cant ignore facts,

2. I can't ignore reality

3. I can't ignore common sense

I just can't.  Stupid shit like hiring a Trans Influencer for a company which is 99% conservative Cis gender (male)   and think that it won't cause troubles. To be clear, it isn't that the person they chose can't be part of some marketing for a company, just that it is stupid to use this person for THIS company.

• Agree 1

On 5/3/2023 at 9:21 AM, LadySmoks said:

\

Simple answer is NO! Not unless you include yourself in the "illegal alien" category!

Well... If I am an alien from another planet... and came here without any paperwork/ citizenship.. I would be an "illegal alien"... correct ?  😁

👽

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

Well... If I am an alien from another planet... and came here without any paperwork/ citizenship.. I would be an "illegal alien"... correct ?  😁

👽

In that case, you should tell Uncle Joe, so you can get free housing, SS card, government checks and voter card, pre-filled to vote Dem!

• Agree 1

On 5/5/2023 at 9:14 AM, LadySmoks said:

In that case, you should tell Uncle Joe, so you can get free housing, SS card, government checks and voter card, pre-filled to vote Dem!

Just think! You'll still be able to vote even after you're dead!

• Agree 1