Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Guest

Cyberpunk 2077 Discussion, News etc.

Recommended Posts

Guest

ZOMG! it's here!

Spoiler

Not really, but I had to. xD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Here's an interesting video on the history of the Cyberpunk lore.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw that earlier today.  If CP2077 has cover-based shooter elements the destructible environment thing will be a really cool feature.  Physics for clutter and world items will be awesome too; newspapers blowing down the street, etc.  TW3 already has stuff like that so there's no reason it won't be in CP2077.

Now I just need a RL reason to justify buying a new PC so I can play it! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

Saw that earlier today.  If CP2077 has cover-based shooter elements the destructible environment thing will be a really cool feature.  Physics for clutter and world items will be awesome too; newspapers blowing down the street, etc.  TW3 already has stuff like that so there's no reason it won't be in CP2077.

Now I just need a RL reason to justify buying a new PC so I can play it! :D

Start saving.... the "RL" reason for buying a new PC ... will be CyberPunk 2077!!!!

Chances are based on some of the info I will have to upgrade my rig as well if I wanted to get the best that they have to offer. My little 4th gen 4790K and 16gig ram with a gtx970 will be too weak for this game (likely) to run at acceptable levels and features.

Wonder if they will be using Direct x12 on this. I think it is very likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My XPS rig is maxed out.  I can run TW3 and FO4 without issue but I really need a new rig, even with the after market updated hardware I added myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

I'll have cash to build one sooner or later. I will regardless of CP2077, but the game does have a part in it. I just have that gut feeling it's going to be badass. They are treating this game with care. Staying hush hush about it. And when you are a company who develops, publishes and distributes, you don't have companies like Zenimax and Bethesda Softworks screaming down your neck to hurry it up. Another reason why I like CDPR. Bethesda Games Studio should consider doing the same and maybe they would actually spend 7 years showing the hard work spent developing these games. But right now it looks like the first 5 years were spent playing Fallout Shelter and the last two developing Fallout 4.

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before I spend money upgrading my computer...I am like Kendo, I need to know I really need an upgrade before that time. Fortunately CD Project Red is taking their time on this game... lol. It is likely the only game that I will be interested in the future that will require an upgrade. I haven't been interested in other games that are new being released and instead have returned to the older more "aged" games and playing around with modding them and mostly messing with the actual mods. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Motherboard: Gateway FMP55

CPU: Intel Core i5 750 @2.67GHz

Ram: DDR3 8GB

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 260

Well, I have no choice. But I will wait to see what CP2077 will be like. As long as this PC can hang on till then, I have no problem waiting. But either way I build a new one eventually. Upgrading is not an option for me. I mean, I could, but it's a waste of money and time on this rig. I'm better off building one from the ground up.

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

Motherboard: Gateway FMP55

CPU: Intel Core i5 750 @2.67GHz

Ram: DDR3 8GB

GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 260

Well, I have no choice. But I will wait to see what CP2077 will be like. As long as this PC can hang on till then, I have no problem waiting. But either way I build a new one eventually. Upgrading is not an option for me. I mean, I could, but it's a waste of money and time on this rig. I'm better off building one from the ground up.

Not a bad little machine you have there. Strong enough for Fallout NV, Oblivion, Skyrim and such. :D

I agree, with its age it might be better to build from the ground up. I did that a few years ago (one upgrade before this one) and gotten the USB3.0 case so I am good there. I don't care about USB c or 3.1 yet so don't need to upgrade a case to handle those I can use a cable to the front from the I/O ports in the back if I find I need that... lol.  Yours however based on what you have, likely don't have USB 3.0 or such available. And with cases becoming so good (for a cheap case) with excellent cooling and low noise (thanks to the larger fan diameters ) you would do very well with a new system from the ground up. IN fact, I'd say keep the old one around to play your older games (using the older OS) and only use the newer one for the newer games (with the newer OS) as we all know the shit that the new OSs give us. I bring this up because if you use either of the new processor (newest) then you HAVE TO USE WINDOWS 10. I am not kidding. There is no driver support and such for the older OS.s  Rysin and 7th gen are like this and likely anything created in the future will restrict your use of windoze versions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest, I really don't care about the size of the game world. All I care about is whether or not it'll be a game for adults... What would make it an adult game? Sex. To me what it means is, no sex, no buy. Especially, if it turns out to be another "hero righting wrongs, saving worlds" bullshit... but if it has everything that an adult game needs to have, then yes, a huge game world would be good, although only if all of it is accessible and it's not full of buildings and structures you can't even explore or interact with, like the ones in FNV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

How big is the Witcher 3 map and its DLCs?

The Witcher3 base worlds are 126 square km total.  GTA5 is 81.  Skyrim is 39.

3 hours ago, bjornk said:

To be honest, I really don't care about the size of the game world. All I care about is whether or not it'll be a game for adults... What would make it an adult game? Sex. To me what it means is, no sex, no buy. Especially, if it turns out to be another "hero righting wrongs, saving worlds" bullshit... but if it has everything that an adult game needs to have, then yes, a huge game world would be good, although only if all of it is accessible and it's not full of buildings and structures you can't even explore or interact with, like the ones in FNV.

Mike Pondsmith has stated before that the PC game will reflect the pencil and paper RPG.  IF that is true then the game will be about the player as being part of a world they can't change but can interact with.  Big fish in a big pond...and there are fish in there much bigger than you.

I can say for sure what the buildings will be like in CP2077, but in WItcher3 you can go into buildings.  Novigrad is a huge living city and I was so overwhelmed I didn't bother to check every door on every house.  It wasn't even on my radar to do that.  I played NV so I know what you're talking about with the locked buildings that serve no purpose.  I didn't get that vibe at all with Witcher3.  So much was going on that I didn't care or bother to look.

As for sex in the game; in Witcher2 Triss' nude models have a vagina and her textures are detailed.  In the scripted sex scenes it shows everything short of Geralt's boner and penetration.  Witcher3 is less graphic but the scenes are still there.  You can bang story characters, npc prostitutes, succubi, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

@Kendo 2 and @bjornk

Damn. So if it's true, x4 the size is insane. But I totally agree with @bjornk. What's the purpose of an incredibly large open world if you can barely interact in it? I don't know if it was intentional or because the lack of time Obsidian got to develop FNV, but it was bad as much as it was in Fallout 3. Lost potential in both games and all these building with no interaction. It took mods (as always...) to actually have you interact with them.

I'll give Obsidian credit, though. Even though FNV is based off the original Fallout 1 and 2, and those games had prostitutes, they had the nerve to add oppressed women as slaves to the Legionnaire and all the dialogue that degraded women. Even if you played as a female character.

I have no reason to doubt that the level of maturity that's in Witcher 2 and 3 will be treated the same with CP2077. Hell, I expect to see more of that than anything. I can only imagine with braindance the player experiencing a porn star's experience in a sex scene.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the problem is almost everyone expects a game just like TW3, but it may very well be a top down isometric RPG. :D It might be a *huge* game world, and that may be because your character is tiny. :D As we know nothing about it, it may even turn out to be a turn-based game. :D You see, I'm trying to lower my expectations, as well as yours. :D 

Also keep in mind that it's a *government funded* game. I don't know what the Polish government would think of a game full of prostitutes and sex. :D 

Edited by bjornk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Well, it was stated that the game will be in first person and third person, so it would make it impossible to be isometric. That's not to say that they will be true to their word, but everything that has been clarified by their developing team who has come out and said something, I'm willing to take their word on. If by the time the official trailer with game footage comes out and it's wrong, I'll judge it by what I see like I did with Fallout 4. However, the difference for me with CP2077 is that I haven't been long waiting for another sequel to the series like I did with Fallout 4, so I may be disappointed, but it won't be anything near as Fallout 4.

CDPR is the last game developing company that I'm willing to support and still believe that there are good people out there with good intentions, but I know where you're coming from. You have every right to have your doubts. It's been year after year from these companies just giving us the middle finger. So I completely understand where you're coming from.

 

I will also wait for gameplay footage uploaded on youtube as well. That's how I got a clear perspective about Fallout 4 and everything I assumed was correct about it.

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

@Kendo 2 and @bjornk

Damn. So if it's true, x4 the size is insane. But I totally agree with @bjornk. What's the purpose of an incredibly large open world if you can barely interact in it? I don't know if it was intentional or because the lack of time Obsidian got to develop FNV, but it was bad as much as it was in Fallout 3. Lost potential in both games and all these building with no interaction. It took mods (as always...) to actually have you interact with them.

I'll give Obsidian credit, though. Even though FNV is based off the original Fallout 1 and 2, and those games had prostitutes, they had the nerve to add oppressed women as slaves to the Legionnaire and all the dialogue that degraded women. Even if you played as a female character.

I have no reason to doubt that the level of maturity that's in Witcher 2 and 3 will be treated the same with CP2077. Hell, I expect to see more of that than anything. I can only imagine with braindance the player experiencing a porn star's experience in a sex scene.

 

The larger world gives you a prespetive that you are smaller. It adds options that you might want if you are x character, you might need to be in a different part of town as opposed to y character. Some of them need to be on the fringe others in the heat and main parts of town. You can't really have that if you don't have a large world.

There are doors in Witcher that you can't  open however most of the time this makes sense as you shouldn't unless you wanted to or there is some damage to the building (collapsed etc) then the door is blocked. In fact some even allow you to "blow" past these and using a sign break down the door you don't really see much as it is abandon but you can enter. Those that you can't enter ... you can still look around the building and see parts of the interior.. much like you can in RL if you wanted to do so with an abandoned building.

I think the maturity will be there and perhaps in much higher quantities however a bit more censored than their past. As Kendo stated it was pretty graphic for Witcher 2 and in Witcher 3 it was more like a Mass Effect sex cut (but better directed) I suspect about the same for the new game with lots of options.

If they have braindance as we know it ... It would be a very sore missed opportunity not to use it for a few Porn options.... Good ones at that.. :) after all it is suppose to drag you into the world and make you addicted and not want to leave. I imagine that would be one avenue to get that shown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bjornk said:

Well, the problem is almost everyone expects a game just like TW3, but it may very well be a top down isometric RPG. :D It might be a *huge* game world, and that may be because your character is tiny. :D As we know nothing about it, it may even turn out to be a turn-based game. :D You see, I'm trying to lower my expectations, as well as yours. :D 

Also keep in mind that it's a *government funded* game. I don't know what the Polish government would think of a game full of prostitutes and sex. :D 

They were studying the possibility of multiplayer. That was the funding. Polish government I don't believe has the same hangups for an mature video game company as some of the agencies here in the US. Also it was a grant for development of a mutiplayer if I remember correctly. It was a way to help develop a successful company which they have very few. It is an investment in their economy as much as anything. Actually a very smart move. .

 

I don't see it being a top down or other than a first or third person game. This is the games that they have experience in and made a name for and this is what their development team has developed for the game engine. However, you are correct, it won't be a witcher game. It will be a different game. They were pretty true to the original story for the Witcher and as i understand it they didn't hire the author on like they did for Cyberpunk ;) I expect it to be as honest and true to the actual board game as possible in a 3d world. Even more in line with the board game then they were with Witcher and its story taken for the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Kendo 2
      The European Commission paid the Dutch firm Ecory for a study on how piracy impacts the sales of copyrighted music, books, video games, and movies.  But the EU never shared the report—possibly because it determined that there is no evidence that piracy is a major problem.
      LINK to the archived Gizmodo Article.
      LINK to the archived original study.
      NOTE: The study is in its original and unedited format.  I included it so there will be no question as to the veracity of the Gizmodo article's claims.
    • By Kendo 2
      It seems Patreon has some new community guidelines.
      Prohibited content now includes; graphic violence, bestiality, incest, rape/non-consensual sex, exploitation of children, and so on.  They are extending these restrictions to art forms, including CGI imagery.  That means video game content, which would fall under "illustrated, animated, and otherwise" from the new guidelines.
      These new guidelines go beyond the 'flagging' system already in place for adult content.  The new prohibited content is just that; prohibited from the Patreon community.  And the process of account suspensions has already started.
       
    • By Kendo 2
      The recent scuttlebutt and rumors are that the retailer chain Target leaked some documentation regarding a 'Bethesda: Game of Thrones' release.  I'm not posting any links since everything at this point is rumors and if nothing solid comes out soon I'll be moving this thread to an Off-Topic area.
      Feel free to discuss.
    • By ritualclarity
      This thread is for all things related to Blender, discussions, questions, quick how to's etc.
      If you have questions related to a specific project you are working on please feel free to open up a new tread for your project to help keep the conversation focused on the project at hand.
    • By Kendo 2
      After the SWBF 2015 community strife over paid DLC campaign maps and the 2017 kerfuffle of Mass Effect Andromeda, it seems EA still hasn't learned any lessons.  In a nutshell, EA is doing away with DLCs and implementing more 'pay to win' in-game microtransactions.  Gamespot has an article posted detailing what is going on.
      LINK to the article
×