Cyberpunk 2077 Discussion, News etc.

42 minutes ago, bjornk said:

Yes, only so many times you can go through the same story. Mass Effect is a good example. I could only finish it twice, once with an adept character and then a soldier, but I had prepared characters for all classes and had planned to finish the game once with each class. Never happened. Once you've played the entire game and finished it, playing it a second time starts to feel like a chore really, very little left to explore, not much mystery left to discover...

I played mass effect many times again and again.. however, Ihad to take a great amount of time between the play thorughs for some of them. :D  Kind of like I do with Witcher (just more so with ME1)

I LOVE Witcher3 but honestly there was only enough enthusiasm in me to play it 3 times.  The first was discovery/new game fascination.  The second was Geralt the Good Guy with light armor and maxed alchemy.  The third was Geralt The Bastard with heavy armor and maxed spells.  BUT I can honestly say each play through was very different, aside from key game elements and dialogue to advance the story.  I was never bored, put it that way.  IF I can get that much mileage out of CP2077 then I'll buy it once all of the DLCs and patches are out.

1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

I LOVE Witcher3 but honestly there was only enough enthusiasm in me to play it 3 times.  The first was discovery/new game fascination.  The second was Geralt the Good Guy with light armor and maxed alchemy.  The third was Geralt The Bastard with heavy armor and maxed spells.  BUT I can honestly say each play through was very different, aside from key game elements and dialogue to advance the story.  I was never bored, put it that way.  IF I can get that much mileage out of CP2077 then I'll buy it once all of the DLCs and patches are out.

Yea... a game that gives that much play is worth buying and not waiting for bargain bin pricing... :D  I am waiting for actual game play (final game play) and real reviews from members of the gaming community.. .before I make any judgements.

Well, I currently have no interest in playing it, so I won't buy it, won't even pirate it, period. Simply because it doesn't really meet my standards as an RPG. Not interested in its story, its FPS game play mechanics, or its limited character customization. Since they won't add a TPP option and an extensive out of the box AO content is extremely unlikely, plus judging by its predecessor's highly limited moddability, I won't be buying it as a "DIY pron simulator" either. I will probably watch a LP if I live that long and that's about it. :)

1 hour ago, bjornk said:

Well, I currently have no interest in playing it, so I won't buy it, won't even pirate it, period. Simply because it doesn't really meet my standards as an RPG. Not interested in its story, its FPS game play mechanics, or its limited character customization. Since they won't add a TPP option and an extensive out of the box AO content is extremely unlikely, plus judging by its predecessor's highly limited moddability, I won't be buying it as a "DIY pron simulator" either. I will probably watch a LP if I live that long and that's about it. :)

Eventually this guy will do a cinematic movie out of the cut scenes.  It will probably be good.  Watch that when it comes out if you want the experience.^_^

• 2 months later...
32 minutes ago, bjornk said:

You might still find a game among those cutscenes... if not, might still be worth "watching"... but I'm not paying any more than 10 bucks for this.

I watched a movie made out of Witcher3 cutscenes on youtube and it was better than anything on TV at the time, aside from Taboo.

• 3 weeks later...

This is another cyberpunk game in the making, which is called Living Dark. From what I understand, it's kind of a side-scroller type game which I'm not interested in. The reason why I post the video is that you'll never have this kind of cool hand to hand combat in a 1st person only game like CP2077, which is a shame really.

Edited by bjornk

1 hour ago, bjornk said:

,,,you'll never have this kind of cool hand to hand combat in a 1st person only game like CP2077, which is a shame really.

Yeah.  All you'll see is hands and forearms flailing a weapon around like it's a flyswatter.  Hate that.  It's also a missed opportunity for really cool martial arts animations and kill moves.

4 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Yeah.  All you'll see is hands and forearms flailing a weapon around like it's a flyswatter.  Hate that.  It's also a missed opportunity for really cool martial arts animations and kill moves.

I think kill moves, like in FNV or Skyrim, can still be done in a FP game, but that would be just a visual or cosmetic thing. It wouldn't be as fun as doing the actual fight yourself.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...