Sign in to follow this  

Bethesda Game Studios Looking For A Quest Designer, Possibly For The Elder Scrolls 6 Or Starfield

Bethesda Game Studios Looking For A Quest Designer, Possibly For The Elder Scrolls 6 Or Starfield

Bethesda recently opened up a new studio in Austin, and to no one’s surprise, they’re now looking to hire more people for the newly opened studio- but for which game? We know they’re currently working on a few pretty big projects, and there’s no doubt in anyone’s minds that The Elder Scrolls 6 has to be one of them (but how far away that game is is still anybody’s guess).

As per the job ad posted on ZeniMax’s (Bethesda’s parent company) official website, Bethesda are looking to hire a new quest designer for their Austin studio. Responsibilities for the position include things such as “designing and documenting stories and quests”, and overseeing things such as “creative narrative structure”, “writing dialogue”, and “scripting gameplay”. And here’s something else that’s interesting- “excellent storytelling, dialogue writing, and editing skills” are listed as requirements for the position.

For all their strengths, games developed by Bethesda Game Studios have always been known to have mediocre writing and storytelling at best (even we’ve written about this in the past), so it’s good to see that the studio is at least trying to work on its weaknesses. What game the newly opened Austin studio is going to be working on, though, is completely up in the air right now. It can be for the long rumored Starfield or The Elder Scrolls 6, we are not sure at this point. Perhaps, this year’s E3 will give us some answers.

Read more at https://gamingbolt.com/bethesda-game-studios-looking-for-a-quest-designer-possibly-for-the-elder-scrolls-6-or-starfield#XYx8WDzJcFWcrfYe.99

• Like 1

That job posting is a nightmare and explains why Bethesda can't get their shit together.  They want someone who will write narration, design quests, script, etc.  It sounds like they want to fill the position of 'modder' and not hire someone to be part of a corporate team.  The only things they didn't include in that job posting are 3d modelling and texture painting.  And I can't imagine why since they want the position to do everything else.

Job description sounds more like writer than designer.  I thought nowadays in AAA productions those are two different jobs and sitting above them is the game architect/director.  It's a rare talent to be able to excel at both. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kendo 2
      The recent scuttlebutt and rumors are that the retailer chain Target leaked some documentation regarding a 'Bethesda: Game of Thrones' release.  I'm not posting any links since everything at this point is rumors and if nothing solid comes out soon I'll be moving this thread to an Off-Topic area.
      Feel free to discuss.
    • By Kendo 2
      Reported by both gamespot and PCGamer, TES 6 is not in development according to Bethesda VP of marketing Pete Hines.  The subject came up after a series of Tweets by Hines and was later verified an clarified by Hines in a statement to PCGamer.  This directly conflicts with previous statements made by Bethesda game designer Todd Howard at a D.I.C.E 2016 interview, where he confirmed development for TES6.
      So what does this spell for a TES6 release date?  Don't hold your breath.  Given the standard Bethesda 3 year game release cycle, FO4 was released on Nov 10th, 2015.  'Starcraft' will be released in the Fall of 2018 and TES6 will hit the shelves in 2021.
    • By endgameaddiction
      While I don't agree with everything he says in this video, he did point out many things that were true. The only reason Fallout New Vegas didn't have the success Fallout 3 did is because of the short window of development on Obsidian. And the games had over 200 bugs at launch because Bethesda and their obsession for Gamebryo. What else could Obsidian do about that? Not much. A short time of development and working with a heap of shit game engine. Yet, they did do a real good job. So for Bethesda to see this as a failure for not meeting their expectations, I fully disagree with that. For the amount of time they had and the resources they used on a horrible game engine, it did fine.
      Now what makes me cringe is that fact that so much content was stripped because (as always) they have to appeal to console systems. If they would have given Obsidian more time for development, which means New Vegas being more depth and the addition of the cut content never being cut to begin with, and more time to work out the bugs to top that off, it would of sold more than Fallout 3. And they could of just cut out that content for the console gamers due to restrictive hardware and memory for the console version. But companies don't like to spend more time and money doing that so they just go with the dumbing down PC version to meet the requirements for console systems.
      I never thought I'd defend New Vegas since it's not a game I much like, but back then when I was criticizing it, I was doing so off of my experience itself and not including the factors like the short time of development. Because I didn't really care to know more than what I knew about that game.
      And the reason why I'm even mentioning this is because I among many others would like to see Obsidian return to make another Fallout sequel. But given that it seems Bethesda wasn't too happy with the outcome of New Vegas, I feel like that is not going to happen.
    • By Doublezero
      Who didn't see this one coming.
      Bethesda is freaking lazy. They would rather make money off of someone else's work than make a new game. I wouldn't be shocked if any new game they do make is completely devoid of any meaningful content.
    • By Kendo 2
      The Bethesda front man Toddsplains a FO4 mea culpa, but not really...among other things.
      Read the full article at glixel.com.
      The Cliff's Notes version: 'Yeah, the way we presented FO4 fell flat so we'll admit that much.  Not that it changes anything.'