Cyberpunk 2077 Discussion, News etc.

1 hour ago, bjornk said:

These exploits might be patched later on, but this video still makes something pretty clear; items, crafting, perks, combat, every fucking system is retarded in this game. And mind you, if you craft too many items your save file gets corrupted... An 8 MB save is not even that big, considering the size and scope of the game, and when compared to the save size in their previous games.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kfpwt5/psa_steampc_crossing_about_6_mb_in_your_save/

You honestly don't need that exploit.. you can make mad cash constantly there are so many jobs around that pay well that you will be able to easily buy whatever hardware from cyber to weapons ..  Besides, unless you are hacking, you need Street Cred to get some of the best hardware regardless of the money.  (didn't watch the rest of the video I am aware of the money exploit. )

I have crafted so many items at one time (300+ health items alone with many other things ) at one setting on one save and never had a problem. Mosts of these videos are likely from those that have hacked their saves (or saved over and over again on the same save)  I am on discord server where there are several people playing the game. All of them, I am pretty sure are running hacked games. there were great discussions on how to get this and that hacking the game. ALL OF THEM ARE HAVING SERIOUS PROBLEMS LIKE SOME OF THE VIDEOS BEING PLAYED. Problems I don't experience at all and we are al doing the same missions and points at the same time on the same patch. Not saying it isn't bug free. Oh there are enough there but I haven't yet experienced the amount that they are shoing on the videos. I'd have to compress 50 hours of bugs and problems into 5 minutes to get that level of issues.

52 minutes ago, bjornk said:

At least their incompetence created a meme game to laugh at.

the top video is a true possible experience. I have had some issues with the visual responses from enemies.  this has been a constant. I haven't done that mission however it looks like the player was suppose to discuss something with the guard (possibly part of the mission) Some of the missions you are suppose to do down low. Some without much fanfair etc. Some be as bloody as possible. For the Psychos you aren't suppose to kill them (they are the toughest you will meet at any level you are at. ) you kill them you don't get paid much at all. Sometimes the fixer will criticize you if you go all murder hobo on some mission or quest. this is likely one of those. The game isn't very flexible on some points that are expected. The first one you get after your character is introduced to Jackie and the cut scene.. if you kill the boss guy with the large machine gun before Jackie gets a chance to ram into him and knock him down to beat on him.. you can't progress.  This is one point that upsets me. We were told that we could do the missions how we want. In many case that is true but the case with Jackie and likely the case above.. are examples were this isn't the case. (to be clear don't mind less money if I go out of mission parameters. That is very different than if I have a chance to take down the boss and hve to stand around holding my pecker wasting for the NPC to do his/her thing. )

The video directly above is likely from someone that is cheating in the game. Using the hacks that have been given causes serious Bethesda level, and then some issues.

On 12/16/2020 at 8:29 PM, Doublezero said:

I'm talking about the The Witcher 3. That game is CD Projekt's most successful release and over half the sales were from consoles. That's point I'm making. That may not happen with CP2077 thanks to the decision to launch the game on consoles in the horrible state it's currently in.

https://comicbook.com/gaming/news/the-witcher-3-sales-platform-breakdown-which-system-sold-most/

Witcher-3-Sales-Platform-Chart

Other than the first year... PCs had the largest amount of sales for Witcher 3. (per platform ) This above report is similar to the rest of the reports that I have seen.

I wasn't talking about combined platforms (consoles ) If they needed to focus for a release on one platform it would be sensible to release to the PC platform first.  Finally they already had an occurrence where they released something on a platform much later (Nintendo Switch)  I can't see why they wouldn't do this unless they were afraid the hype machine would fizzle once someone had a chance to see the actual game and how bad the GTA options were.

Hot fix 1.05 doesn't appear to fix much according to DreamcastGuy and a few people in the comment section.

Adam Badowski, head of CD Projekt Red, was caught liking tweets critical of Sony removing CP2077 from the Playstation Store. That guy needs to stay out of the public eye. The only thing he's showing to the world is that he doesn't care if they're selling us a broken product.

IMO, CD Projekt Red and their parent company, CD Projekt is no different than any other developer/publisher in the video game industry. If they really want to regain the trust of gamers and change the growing negative perspective towards them they need to start firing some of the decision makers over there.

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

IMO, CD Projekt Red and their parent company, CD Projekt is no different than any other developer/publisher in the video game industry.

Funny you mention that. A year or so back I posted a comment on one of LegacyKillaHD's video about CP2077 saying that CDPR at one point will probably end up like the rest because there's no guarantee a company would forever be passionate and hold integrity. All it takes is new management, or an opportunity and things could change. He responded with protecting CDPR and saying that wouldn't happen. Well, it happened sooner than I thought under same management.

I lost all hope for the game industry. One day they are a beacon of light, the next they are another EA/Bethesda/etc.

Edited by driftscape
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, driftscape said:

Funny you mention that. A year or so back I posted a comment on one of LegacyKillaHD's video about CP2077 saying that CDPR at one point will probably end up like the rest because there's no guarantee a company would forever be passionate and hold integrity. All it takes is new management, or an opportunity and things could change. He responded with protecting CDPR and saying that wouldn't happen. Well, it happened sooner than I thought under same management.

I lost all hope for the game industry. One day they are a beacon of light, the next they are another EA/Bethesda/etc.

I believe they replaced all those responsible (management wise) for Witcher 3's success

1 hour ago, Doublezero said:

Hot fix 1.05 doesn't appear to fix much according to DreamcastGuy and a few people in the comment section.

Adam Badowski, head of CD Projekt Red, was caught liking tweets critical of Sony removing CP2077 from the Playstation Store. That guy needs to stay out of the public eye. The only thing he's showing to the world is that he doesn't care if they're selling us a broken product.

IMO, CD Projekt Red and their parent company, CD Projekt is no different than any other developer/publisher in the video game industry. If they really want to regain the trust of gamers and change the growing negative perspective towards them they need to start firing some of the decision makers over there.

I haven't had a chance to see if any of the bugs that annoyed me have been fixed.  It does seem to boot a bit faster after the first longer boot right after the fix was uploaded. (for some strange reason)

If Adam has a problem with Sony removing the game 1, make sure it actually works.. even if there are bugs .. if it worked as good as it does on PC then they likely wouldn't have remove it from the store. 2, don't sell it or license it to Sony. Only those that get the hard copy can play it.  I am sure that will take some of the monies out of Sony. That or even no more sales to Playstation (no more copies of the game on hard copy either) only those that have the game or get it from hard copies can play it. Then don't offer the games in the future to the franchise. Sure that will take some money off the table.. but.. that will also mean they don't have to work with or support yet another platform .. more time can be given to the other platforms to make sure they are good. Of course, this does mean that they will still apply the fixes to those that do h ave the game still. ;)

Companies don't have to chase every possible dollar to be successful. They can be selective.  Most don't think that way anymore.

Ah the video... I don't have it on Sony or other platforms. I am using it on a lower level PC and at least as much of a rant that this guy gives, he is correct whenn he states that the PC is playable with some bugs and such. People playing the PC game is having a decent time. It is honestly enjoyable. However, to be clear, it isn't in a state where I would suggest someone buy it for the full 60 dollars.  I have now over 52 hours on it. I have played it anywhere from 2 to 8 hours a day since it was released.  Other  than a very few save and reloads to get some glitch fixed with the quest or something stuck on the screen it was enjoyable.

I wish people that are talking about the game would specify which platform they are complaining about. I am communicating with some others players all on PC and we all are traiding suggestions and build outs and best hacks and cyber ware to use and where to get it. We are  having a blast.  I can give the link to the discord if someone doesn't believe me. some have had problems with graphics more than I have but it was due to the RX graphics cards once they did some tweaks and removed some settings like ray tracing and some other things (don't remember all of it) they got much better to great frame rates and most of their graphical glitches have been fixed. I have honestly had more problems with Fallout 4 release and play (for months afterwards for that matter) than I have had with Cyberpunk so far.  No CTD which I had several once Fallout 4 was released.  Stretched arms and other NPC issues .. many on Fallout 4 but only once on Cyberpunk so far.  A few sinking NPCs in areas early on in the game. however, I never got stuck between or fell through the game or stuck in another NPCs head as this video states. I have fell through t he map in Fallout 4 early on. (without mods )

Much of the hatrid is directed at the console versions. Those that are hating the game for PC are likely hating it due to their expectations. On that matter this game massively falls short from what was promised.  I wasn't much of a GTA player and after watching some videos and such .. they fell massively short on the cars, NPC AI and other aspects as well. This is all true. They did a shit job but the game does work.  As far as the patch not doing anything.. I am getting about 3~5 frames more than I did over most of the areas that I am really familiar with. some as much as 10FPS. briefly.

Recent p atch info.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37166/hotfix-1-05

2 hours ago, Doublezero said:

Apparently CDPR is censoring nudity with the latest update. Wasn't that a selling point for this game??

Edit: It looks like they are deleting posts about it on the official forums. This has become the Hindenburg  of video game releases. It's almost as if they want bad press.

The funny thing is you take a shower in your underwear after the prologue... That was there from the beginning.  Same with wearing underwear in the mirror when you strip down. (I did do that later)

The nudity is still present in the cut scenes when you go for a "joy toy" experience. Other than that, I am unaware of censoring ...Not much has changed other than bugs.

51 minutes ago, ritualclarity said:

Recent p atch info.

https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37166/hotfix-1-05

The funny thing is you take a shower in your underwear after the prologue... That was there from the beginning.  Same with wearing underwear in the mirror when you strip down. (I did do that later)

The nudity is still present in the cut scenes when you go for a "joy toy" experience. Other than that, I am unaware of censoring ...Not much has changed other than bugs.

LOL, I don't know what's going on with this game outside what others are saying but there are a discussions about this on the Steam Community.

You may be right.

Though a few in-game ads as well as outfits were changed with Hotfix 1.04. Discussions on the official forums has confirmed this with multiple NPC's (mainly strippers, exotic dancers, etc. that were topless are no longer topless).

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/0/4477106086840698340/#c4477106086840726009

13 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

LOL, I don't know what's going on with this game outside what others are saying but there are a discussions about this on the Steam Community.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/1091500/discussions/0/4477106086840698340/#c4477106086840726009

"V appears more modest in the inventory preview after the half year montage ;)"

Hotfix 1.04 already got rid of NPC nipples (NPC's have tape, push up bra's, or otherwise covered).

Hotfix 1.05 is removing nudity from the inventory screen after you meet Jackie. So basically, you will only see your characters nude model during character creation.

1, haven't gotten to that part (half year montage)

2. I had to download the game. I believe I was already on the 1.04 patch. Might have been wrong. However, I never encountered any opportunity to see differently during my play though. Hence my comments above.

3. My cur rent play though is beyond the Jackie meeting. haven't started a new character to experience this. I will need to check up on this.

It is a shame that they are moving toward this direction. They will be breaking promises even more. They are breaking their trust with the consoles, the state of the game for PCs the lack of realistic and expected cars/trucks and NPC behaviors (not to mention minimum encounter conversations that other games have done many years ago) Next you know they will be censoring their main advertisement with the transgendered model (big boner under the woman's swimsuit)

With current reported actions of the management company and their current direction .. They aren't the company that they were. They are loosing if not lost all their cred with the majority of the population. I wouldn't be surprised if they took a page from Bethesda's play book and say later they will charge for DLCs and other content going forward.  With the news that the developers of the game are furious, I know they want to do right it is the management that is doing the wrong.  I was fearful of this a few years ago when I heard many were leaving the company. Including many of the publishers.  Day after day of news from what is going on there, is just further and further confirming that they are just another gaming publishing company

Hotfix 1.05 is removing nudity from the inventory screen after you meet Jackie. So basically, you will only see your characters nude model during character creation.

Bullshit.  My settings are for nude.. and I just checked the inventory screen as you can tell by the level and such that there are no censoring of the dangly bits.

Spoiler

20201220103847_1.thumb.jpg.0fa15272164013a877073344a3940cd2.jpg

The only way this is not true is if it is due to m y character existing from before that update. Which I strongly doubt.  I just read through the Steam thread and what was happening was some peek through and such for those that choose a censored version of the body. That occurred if you did many changes quickly.. (by the way that is also how you do the cheat to get infinite cash as well) Too m any quick changes cause the game to glitch. Once I did see some female with tits but that was a glitch, a clipping issue. A problem yes, but not a censoring.

I am happy to check or follow up on many of these claims to see what is what. If they are censoring un-necessarilly I will be more than happy to confirm that.  The game is crap. It is even more crappier for those with a console of last gen... people are pilling on to shit on the game. Honestly, I believe they have the right but also be honest.

I might just start another life path to check to see if it effects a new character.. doubt it though. Only should effect someone that has a censored body. In the game you can choose your bits.. or turn that off.  I believe they fixed the turn off issue. 

20201220120146_1.thumb.jpg.190f21235546e4a38dcf224fc60cfd30.jpg20201220120445_1.thumb.jpg.bf6d2301d6d20bba5c460fb57d72449e.jpg20201220113955_1.thumb.jpg.75f878b0dd51da199bc1325e876f2ee9.jpgUpdate... new character STILL NUDE.

The underwear at the mirror is what was there f rom the beginning, at least for me.   I created a character today after the 1.05 was installed. I set the syst em to nude. Like I did before. One of these photos above was before I meet Jackie.. the other is well past that point that is referenced. I don't see any censoring. 

I think that is a comment regarding possibly the consoles? I don't know.. All I know is it isn't happening on my copy.  Also the patch 1.05 did fix some of the responsiveness and I tested a area where Jackie gets stuck in the ground (falls half way down) and he doesn't anymore. I need to check that T pose chick in Lizzies on my new game. The old one she is still Tposed.

On a side note... there is a radio station named Ritual! lol  Rock on!

20201212170307_1.thumb.jpg.5145da19347517342cf5ef80b640be2f.jpg