Cyberpunk 2077 Discussion, News etc.

This makes me wonder, though. If they censored the game because of MS, this makes me thing the toolkit will be limited as well to try and keep the game as censored as possible. This should be a concern for their PC version as well. Even for Bethesda since they are now owned by MS. TES6 may have a toned down version of the Creation Kit, apart from it being due to their Creation Club and more to do with the guidelines of MS. Nudity in console mods for Skyrim SSE is already forbidden.

Will there be any modding at all for TES6? Now that Bethsoft screwed up (again) and got itself bought, what reason does MS have to bother with it? They can just release a title, cash in and move on like other titles. They might think having to deal with so-called adult content might be more trouble than it is worth.

Regarding CDPR, I'm wondering if the remastered Witcher 3 is going to be a thing now. Will the money all go to fixing CP '77? I have heard a lot about how No Man's Sky somehow managed to make good. (Actually it didn't in my opinion. 🤦‍♀️) Maybe they could eventually turn it around by adding in everything they promised. Or even a portion of what they promised might do it. It will be interesting to see what they do. Whatever the case, it's going to require more than just stomping bugs to turn this around.

Edited by Nessa

20 hours ago, driftscape said:

This makes me wonder, though. If they censored the game because of MS, this makes me thing the toolkit will be limited as well to try and keep the game as censored as possible. This should be a concern for their PC version as well. Even for Bethesda since they are now owned by MS. TES6 may have a toned down version of the Creation Kit, apart from it being due to their Creation Club and more to do with the guidelines of MS. Nudity in console mods for Skyrim SSE is already forbidden.

They really didn't do much .. what they had was already censored.. The creation screen is full on nude. Even the dangly bits.. still. They might have put some pasties on some outfits but in reality .. it seems like they should have had pasties in that situation in any case. I have compared notes and if you have the non censored version there is very little changes so far to actual game play. The stupid censoring which was there from the start in the PC was being in undies when you stood by the mirror or took a shower. Seriously.. if you strip down.. you strip down. not to your underwear. However that was still there.  You can still see the boner outline on the trans advertisement as well.

A few months ago.. I'd say they wasn't Bethesda but what they did.. I can't say that now. They might even be worse. Before they did mature games.. now.. with their money grabs and such.. who is to say they don't start doing mainstream gaming and thus censor the shit out of their works.  AS for the tool kit.. I am willing to bet it will be shit all crap laden bullshit. Seriously. I can't  see t hem even releasing it.. (gonig back on what they advertised  .. yep.. nothing new there so why stop? ) As for Bugthesda... well if they use t he same engine I can see the modding community breaking whatever they try to do to prevent the mods that are on LL.. ;) After all Skyrim Old version didn't have an ability to do animations until someone broke that shit and you ended up having to run a program to make them work.. ;)

3 hours ago, Nessa said:

Will there be any modding at all for TES6? Now that Bethsoft screwed up (again) and got itself bought, what reason does MS have to bother with it? They can just release a title, cash in and move on like other titles. They might think having to deal with so-called adult content might be more trouble than it is worth.

Regarding CDPR, I'm wondering if the remastered Witcher 3 is going to be a thing now. Will the money all go to fixing CP '77? I have heard a lot about how No Man's Sky somehow managed to make good. (Actually it didn't in my opinion. 🤦‍♀️) Maybe they could eventually turn it around by adding in everything they promised. Or even a portion of what they promised might do it. It will be interesting to see what they do. Whatever the case, it's going to require more than just stomping bugs to turn this around.

I believe there will be modding for Bugthesda games at least the next one. That was a formula that made mad bank over the years well more than what would h ave happened without that tool.  as for adult content.. I do see it being forbidden on their sites.. but don't see them giving a flying fig what happens on other sites. However that can change but keep in mind that Bugthesda could have put the stops on this many times in the p ast. instead of passively aggressively blocking the ability of adding animations to Skyrm. Ultimately IMO they chose the money over the mods. (adult ones at least.. ) They do want to make bank on the mods though... perhaps more integration into their system for mods. Slowly pushing the line until they can get what they want and people accept it.

14 hours ago, Nessa said:

At this point, who knows. Probably limited because of Creation Club, but only time will tell.

14 hours ago, Nessa said:

Wait, there's going to be a remaster of Witcher 3? Wow... this is becoming a trend like with Skyrim. I still want a Fallout 3 remaster dammit!

Edited by driftscape

4 hours ago, driftscape said:

Love Keanu Reeves. Nice person which so far as I am aware of nobody can deny.. however, for Silverhand.. I believe someone like Jared Leto would be more akin to that cooperate terrorist.  He is so nice and well known when he was being a dick.. it didn't seem true.. Seemed forced.

14 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

In eight years Cyberpunk will be the new No Man Sky... :P

OK so... anybody here actually played NMS? Spaceflight is stupid. Asteroids appear out of nowhere. LOD is a mess. And eventually all the planets AND creatures start looking the same even if there are effectively an infinite amount. (Last time I played was a few updates after the organic ships. I haven't had a desire to return for awhile now.)

I did like base building (when you switch to the fly mode). I found I preferred FO4's moronic (but attractive thanks to mods) settlers to weirdo ugly aliens... that are also moronic. 🤣

Back to CP '77. Apparently.... that rumor about them making a NMS comeback has been refuted by a CDPR person. Which really had me wondering: "So... they're saying they ARE NOT making an NMS style comeback!?" 🤣 What was the point of refuting that? Even if it was all false it was generally a positive rumor. For gamers anyway. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Nessa
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Nessa said:

OK so... anybody here actually played NMS? Spaceflight is stupid. Asteroids appear out of nowhere. LOD is a mess. And eventually all the planets AND creatures start looking the same even if there are effectively an infinite amount. (Last time I played was a few updates after the organic ships. I haven't had a desire to return for awhile now.)

I did like base building (when you switch to the fly mode). I found I preferred FO4's moronic (but attractive thanks to mods) settlers to weirdo ugly aliens... that are also moronic. 🤣

Back to CP '77. Apparently.... that rumor about them making a NMS comeback has been refuted by a CDPR person. Which really had me wondering: "So... they're saying they ARE NOT making an NMS style comeback!?" 🤣 What was the point of refuting that? Even if it was all false it was generally a positive rumor. For gamers anyway. 🤷‍♀️

That was the point of my comment about the "New" No Man Sky ;) 

Also both my RL friends and my internet friends are coming to the same conclusion you have with No man Sky. It is the bugs and such, even to those that are enjoying themselves.. getting too much. They are having a harder and harder time to come back and play. Many have just stopped.

On the second comment. NMS? I don't know that. Are you meaning No Man Sky?  Yea even with comments from some stating it was happening.. I won't believe it until it does. That is the problem about companies that lie. You can't believe anything that is happening until  it has happened. CD Project Red is a major liar, to IMO beyond Bethesda even. Done major wrongs to everybody, even Bethesda knows who they can and cannot fuck with and how much they can push it.  Can't trust CDPR in the slightest one way or another. Hell all that could just be marketing  trying to figure out if the shit ton of cash is worth putting into this game or not. Watching the responses to see if this fixes it and now that it doesn't seem to be giving them what they want.. the big boys decide to deny that is in the works. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

On the second comment. NMS?

I was referring to a "probably not leak" that was put up on... I think it was reddit. Anyway, here's a link with the rumor. (Apologies for the sites, gaming sites are just terrible.)

And later it was supposedly debunked.

I'm just curious why they'd want to debunk the idea that it was making a comeback. Isn't that a positive thing? 🤣 Or maybe they thought they've lied enough, stop now? 😆

7 hours ago, Nessa said:

I was referring to a "probably not leak" that was put up on... I think it was reddit. Anyway, here's a link with the rumor. (Apologies for the sites, gaming sites are just terrible.)

And later it was supposedly debunked.

I'm just curious why they'd want to debunk the idea that it was making a comeback. Isn't that a positive thing? 🤣 Or maybe they thought they've lied enough, stop now? 😆

If they were smart.. they'd not make many comments about future updates and such. Leave it to what comes out then make press if felt necessary. they can't afford to fail more than they have already.  Stating something even if it is positive is only good if they follow through. Something that they haven't been able to do so far. Debunking the leak etc is a good thing IMO. If they are able to do it and pull it off, then they can take credit .

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Nessa said:

So... did a little cheating as I was curious. Looked up the romance options on the CP '77 wiki.

Did I say years before I got the game? I may never get this game at all! 🤣 Is this really the same company that did Witcher 3!? 🤣🤣

It is the same type of romance options .. at least done the same way.. (video clip not active etc and about the same lengh of time) The issue is they don't have as many as Witcher or for the JoyToys (prostitutes) which they hinted around would be some thing in the game) is so few (one male and one female) that is it.  There are many more options in Witcher. Just shows  everyone that they just rushed this out the door.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ritualclarity said:

It is the same type of romance options .. at least done the same way.. (video clip not active etc and about the same lengh of time) The issue is they don't have as many as Witcher or for the JoyToys (prostitutes) which they hinted around would be some thing in the game) is so few (one male and one female) that is it.  There are many more options in Witcher. Just shows  everyone that they just rushed this out the door.

What gets me is the attractiveness quotient. (I just made that up but it should certainly be a thing.) The only one remotely decent is Judy and she's half as attractive as in the promotional stuff. (For no reason!) Otherwise girls get nothing but ugly. It's even worse for guy characters since they can't romance Judy. 🤣

Now compare that to........ actually I'll just do it!

Witcher 3 -- circa 2015

Spoiler

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/952/images/1843-0-1469348735.jpghttps://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/821381-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-alternative-look-for-yennefer-playstation.jpgVernossiel in 2019 | Elf characters, The witcher, CharacterThe Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Amrynn Romance Scene - YouTube

The last two of which were minor NPCs.

CP '77 - Circa 2020

Spoiler

Judy Alvarez, from Cyberpunk 2077, is goals. : transitiongoalsCyberpunk 2077 Romance Guide | TechRaptorCyberpunk 2077 romance guide | Rock Paper ShotgunYa disponible la versión 1.05 de Cyberpunk 2077 para Xbox ...

🤦‍♀️ It's like they released a half-assed version of Judy and then thought... "Eh, screw it." 🤣

What is going on here? Is CDPR going for the Bethsoft NPC design ethos?? 🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, driftscape said:

The females in CP2077 look like junkies. Even Judy half the time. i liked the female in the 2012 teaser. She was purrrrdy 😍 The game looked intriguing back then. I can' help but see the game now just looking more like a GTA with a somewhat cyberpunk theme to it.

Oh right, the one that was in the dress and got dead or something? Yes, I guess back then they could still model an attractive human. Something happened between then... and 2020. 🤣

OK, this one:

Cyberpunk 2077: Debut Trailer, Story and Setting Details ...

The other thing I'm noticing perusing the various characters.....  guys. Are. Ugly. At least in CP '77. Maybe CDPR just fell to the "every human must be ugly" phenomena that hit western devs around......  when? Was it 2017? We can't count Bethsoft because they've always made hideous people. 🤣 But OTHER studios were doing OK. Until...  now. 🤣

18 hours ago, Nessa said:

What gets me is the attractiveness quotient. (I just made that up but it should certainly be a thing.) The only one remotely decent is Judy and she's half as attractive as in the promotional stuff. (For no reason!) Otherwise girls get nothing but ugly. It's even worse for guy characters since they can't romance Judy. 🤣

Now compare that to........ actually I'll just do it!

Witcher 3 -- circa 2015

Hide contents

https://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/mods/952/images/1843-0-1469348735.jpghttps://www.mobygames.com/images/shots/l/821381-the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-alternative-look-for-yennefer-playstation.jpgVernossiel in 2019 | Elf characters, The witcher, CharacterThe Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Amrynn Romance Scene - YouTube

The last two of which were minor NPCs.

CP '77 - Circa 2020

Hide contents

Judy Alvarez, from Cyberpunk 2077, is goals. : transitiongoalsCyberpunk 2077 Romance Guide | TechRaptorCyberpunk 2077 romance guide | Rock Paper ShotgunYa disponible la versión 1.05 de Cyberpunk 2077 para Xbox ...

🤦‍♀️ It's like they released a half-assed version of Judy and then thought... "Eh, screw it." 🤣

What is going on here? Is CDPR going for the Bethsoft NPC design ethos?? 🤣

Yea,they did a horrible job. There were some that were ok (random NPCs ) but you couldn't even interact with them. There is a chick that is outside of a club (which is re-created differently each play though by the way) as well as one playing a video game. Each one is pretty decent. Better than a majority of the NPCs you can romance mentioned above. Judy is the only one that is still half way decent.. I contribute that to the voice actor more than the game model.

17 hours ago, driftscape said:

The females in CP2077 look like junkies. Even Judy half the time. i liked the female in the 2012 teaser. She was purrrrdy 😍 The game looked intriguing back then. I can' help but see the game now just looking more like a GTA with a somewhat cyberpunk theme to it.

She is much better in the game promo but to be honest.. I expected that. I haven't seen an honest game promo in a long time. They always, regardless of the company, make it look better than what we get. However, the mark fell far from what would be expected.  There are times interacting with her and some of her movements and such combined with the voice acting that makes you think... ?  Wow..  and imagine what it might have been if they (CDPR) decided to actually work on her and finish her up.  When i started playing the game I contributed the change to the fact I don't have a ray tracing graphics card.. until I seen many others that are running that (or at least have that card) are getting not much better results.

15 hours ago, Nessa said:

OK, this one:

Cyberpunk 2077: Debut Trailer, Story and Setting Details ...

The other thing I'm noticing perusing the various characters.....  guys. Are. Ugly. At least in CP '77. Maybe CDPR just fell to the "every human must be ugly" phenomena that hit western devs around......  when? Was it 2017? We can't count Bethsoft because they've always made hideous people. 🤣 But OTHER studios were doing OK. Until...  now. 🤣

since all the companies are doing this degraded body / looks.. I bet it has to do with the time and effort. The give the minimum necessary to get the job done so that the game can be sent out to make money asap. Not that they are actually trying to make them ugly.. just a part of the modern gaming biz. It is almost like.. OK.. we made awesome models, sexy models so we know we can do that now.. we are board and don't care anymore.

Funny thing.. the model pictured above. Looks n the face much like one of the first quest where you save her from a bathtub. (Without hair) The large eyes nose etc. 

Another thing... every-time I see that reference. It makes me sad that we don't have a max tac option to play in the game. Either with or against .. nothing. Just magically popping cops... Which once you start getting major skills you can kill and kill and kill and kill and really nothing much happens. Not like GTA.. Hell if it was even like GTA with the cars/pedestrians and police.. (any GTA version) it would be much more entertaining. I haven't' played it in over a week. Keep thinking of it .. but find other interesting things to do.. Like pay my bills... watch the birds feed from the bird feeder out in my front yard... important stuff like th at.   This was suppose to be the game I got where I played 500 plus hours and challenged my Witcher III, NV and Fallout 3/4 game play...  If they do as some claim.. (wishful thinking) and go back and fix all this shit... then perhaps this might happen.. but I seriously doubt it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ritualclarity said:

since all the companies are doing this degraded body / looks.. I bet it has to do with the time and effort. The give the minimum necessary to get the job done so that the game can be sent out to make money asap. Not that they are actually trying to make them ugly.. just a part of the modern gaming biz. It is almost like.. OK.. we made awesome models, sexy models so we know we can do that now.. we are board and don't care anymore.

I'm not sure that's it. It doesn't take a lot of effort (as we all know via mods or those of us that make them) to make even a slightly attractive NPC.  It appears much of the western development scene has become stuck with this idea that humans have to look hideous. Note how the eastern devs don't have this problem at all. And you can go back in time to previous western games where the NPCs somehow look so much better than today. (Excepting all Bethsoft titles of course. They NEVER looked good! 🤣)

I have asked around about this but I work in casual games so we're not really "in the know" I guess? Everybody notices it but doesn't seem to have an answer. The only rumor I've got is that ... some of the proclivities in the west at the moment, are making it more advantageous to be ugly. Meaning women appear more masculine. Not sure I buy that. But can't deny the reality of it. Just check almost any western game and there it is. Seems even CDPR fell to it as well.

I get that the west is I guess collectively depressed, but that's no reason to have only ugly representations of humans! 🤣

Edited by Nessa

On 1/10/2021 at 2:05 PM, driftscape said:

I had envisioned this game to look more like this. Similar to the teaser.

futuristic-city-dark-evening-rain-4k-o8.

Instead it looks more like a populated everyday people in New York going about their business. I suppose that works, but from all the footage that I've seen, the world just doesn't seem to feel threatening and dangerous.

Something like that or like Bladerunner... that would have been awesome. It would have also made it easier for NPC control (resources control) as there would be a smaller area to actually view but... the space could still be HUGE.. for you to travel. It would have been awesome.

On 1/10/2021 at 9:13 AM, Nessa said:

I'm not sure that's it. It doesn't take a lot of effort (as we all know via mods or those of us that make them) to make even a slightly attractive NPC.  It appears much of the western development scene has become stuck with this idea that humans have to look hideous. Note how the eastern devs don't have this problem at all. And you can go back in time to previous western games where the NPCs somehow look so much better than today. (Excepting all Bethsoft titles of course. They NEVER looked good! 🤣)

I have asked around about this but I work in casual games so we're not really "in the know" I guess? Everybody notices it but doesn't seem to have an answer. The only rumor I've got is that ... some of the proclivities in the west at the moment, are making it more advantageous to be ugly. Meaning women appear more masculine. Not sure I buy that. But can't deny the reality of it. Just check almost any western game and there it is. Seems even CDPR fell to it as well.

I get that the west is I guess collectively depressed, but that's no reason to have only ugly representations of humans! 🤣

I get that.. but don't believe that is true. Also, CDPR isn't really an "Western" dev company. I mean only a short time ago they made very good models. Both males and females. (however, lets be honest, some of them were hidious.. but at least it was intentional as far as I can tell. lol)

Some people refer to Blade Runner as a "cyberpunk" film, which was neither cyber, nor punk. The film was based on a 1968 novel which was written in an era in which the "punk" subculture did not even exist and it deals with androids and artificial intelligence and the plot revolves around what it means to be human. The movie itself doesn't deal with anything "cyber" or "punk" either in any specific or generic way, and its aesthetic style, i.e. the cityscape with neon lights, was simply a thing of the 80's, which anybody can observe in films and series that was made in that decade. People literally cherry pick this film despite not at all part of the cp sub-genre, most likely because it inspired the aesthetic style of some of the "cyberpunk" films. CP 2077 was no exception, it has blatantly copied BR aesthetic since its announcements and it's really no surprise that even William Gibson called it as the "GTA with generic 80's retro-future", which is pretty much what it is.

Edited by bjornk
  • Agree 1