ritualclarity

1 hour ago, bjornk said:

I was really interested in this film back in the day when its trailers were being shown on tv, I thought it would be a good sci-fi film, but I didn't have the time to watch it then. A few years later my sis bought the DVD, I watched it then and I didn't like it at all. It's a very poor film as a sci-fi and just a cliche horror movie with stupid supernatural, religious garbage. Never bothered to watch it again, still have the DVD somewhere.

I don't think I saw the whole thing. I do remember the crew becoming abnormally upset over the idea of making a functioning wormhole. I mean, wow guys. I guess space must be boring if they're that emotional over a wormhole. 😆

Just found the clip. I wouldn't hire these idiots to rescue a kitten from a tree. 😆

Spoiler

I'm sure it's fun for the carnage though. 😆

Also, I didn't double check... but pretty sure they stole this "fold space-time" on several other films. This probably stole it from somewhere as well. 😆

Edited by Nessa

1 hour ago, Nessa said:

but pretty sure they stole this "fold space-time" on several other films. This probably stole it from somewhere as well. 😆

The idea of "folding space" had already been around long before this movie. For instance, it was already in Dune novel (1965) and in many other sci-fi books . The idea originates from the idea of wormholes obviously. Traveling through warmholes is pretty much identical to "folding space". In the novel Contact (1985) by Carl Sagan, there's a network of these wormhole nodes that the MC travels through, which were built by an unknown ancient alien race or something (which is pretty much the idea that the Mass Effect series copied). It's all total BS and a fantasy, just like time travel.

Edited by bjornk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, bjornk said:

The idea of "folding space" had already been around long before this movie. For instance, it was already in Dune novel (1965) and in many other sci-fi books . The idea originates from the idea of wormholes obviously. Traveling through warmholes is pretty much identical to "folding space". In the novel Contact (1985) by Carl Sagan, there's a network of these wormhole nodes that the MC travels through, which were built by an unknown ancient alien race or something (which is pretty much the idea that the Mass Effect series copied). It's all total BS and a fantasy, just like time travel.

No shade on the book but the film was so painful I still remember it. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ 😆

Right, but this is a movie recommendation list!

OK ran into this little gem:

Nightmare 1956!

Spoiler

image.png.132c9ac895a05ce23c4caa7dfc6da944.png

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0049553/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_43

Great music too. They sure don't make them like they used to!! 😎

Can very likely find it for free on VK or maybe fmovies.

Edited by Nessa

23 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

Speaking of... I use Tubi TV for movies. Any other recommendations? They lack in films.

For streaming I use these, but I don't know if any of these work in the states.

FMovies - Pretty comprehensive. Decent streaming quality. Didn't have Nightmare from my above post. Search is limited to titles. Relatively modern UI.

VK/video - This one is better for older films but they have some new. Search must be exact title. (One letter off and it can't find it.) Of course occasionally has Russian dubs. There is usually an english only version however. Streaming quality varies. If using on a phone/tablet, request the desktop site or it will spam you with login requests. UI is... less than optimal. 😅

bs.to - Mainly German and mainly for TV. Has a lot of English versions still. Search is limited, better to just check out the list. Streaming quality isn't the greatest. UI is straight out of the 90s. 😂 I use this as a last resort if the other two fail to find what I'm after.

For picking up the films directly I use the usual suspects. (RARBG and 1337. 🏴‍☠️)

• Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 5:40 AM, Nessa said:

For streaming I use these, but I don't know if any of these work in the states.

FMovies - Pretty comprehensive. Decent streaming quality. Didn't have Nightmare from my above post. Search is limited to titles. Relatively modern UI.

VK/video - This one is better for older films but they have some new. Search must be exact title. (One letter off and it can't find it.) Of course occasionally has Russian dubs. There is usually an english only version however. Streaming quality varies. If using on a phone/tablet, request the desktop site or it will spam you with login requests. UI is... less than optimal. 😅

bs.to - Mainly German and mainly for TV. Has a lot of English versions still. Search is limited, better to just check out the list. Streaming quality isn't the greatest. UI is straight out of the 90s. 😂 I use this as a last resort if the other two fail to find what I'm after.

For picking up the films directly I use the usual suspects. (RARBG and 1337. 🏴‍☠️)

Thanks. I'll check those out.

• 4 weeks later...

Cyberpunk Edgerunners on Netflix isn't  half bad.  Check it out.

(It is at least better than the game when it first came out :P )

On that note.  A new series on Netflix "Imperfects" isn't half bad either. It is fairly creative and sucked at first when watching it but it is starting to get much better. I believe it got some good reviews (not sure of that. though)

• 11 months later...