37 minutes ago, bjornk said:

Wrong threa...  I mean, I'm definitely not going to like it. 😅

Maybe... Sarah Conner decided to enlist some scientist to change the sex of John Conner to Jane Conner while he was an infant... Then the Terminators would be confused as they would be looking for a John not a Jane. :P 

OH, wait.... maybe after years of being chased John decided to have a sex change to evade them... perhaps.  ?

lol.

Seriously I can't see why or where there would be a reason to change the main characters to all female. Next thing you know someone will be re-releasing Fried Green Tomato with an all male elderly cast... ;) Some shit just don't work.  

In the center of Seoul, Korea, Yi Sun-sin. There is a statue of the general.
He is a great general who defeated the Japanese invasion and defended Korea.
He developed the world's first iron-made ship. It is a turtle ship.
Korea's top box office is a film about his biography... Approximately 20 million Koreans saw this movie in the movie theater
I think I have seen more than 100 million people through the internet and various media
A 100-won Korean coin has his face.
Many Koreans admire him.
When I was young, someone asked me, and the future dream was General Admiral Yi Sun-sin.
He was the great dovahkin of Korea, like Skyrim.

Spoiler

yisunsin.jpg.e50098d0b53ae81643ccc71ad50ba27a.jpglee-suen-shin.thumb.jpg.a34e03eb6fe90fbc7a5f3f166fa180b7.jpg

Look what I've found on YT...

For some reason watching this movie makes me wanna play Mount & Blade.😋

Edited by bjornk
  • Like 1

Just watched a movie called L'Ultima Neve Di Primavera (aka. The Last Snows of Spring) on YT, an Italian movie from 1973, dubbed in English. Found it completely by chance. Was searching for groovy Italian soundtracks from movies of the 60's and the 70's and came across the main theme of this movie by Franco Micalizzi which I had heard before but I never knew anything about the film associated with it. Anyway, it's definitely not a film for everyone, especially for the millennials and younger generations who would probably hate it, but I loved it. It has a beautiful soundtrack, really good cinematography for a 1973 movie made in Italy, pretty decent acting (the kid was very good, although the father was a bit wooden). It tells a sad story without getting overly melodramatic at any point. Honestly, I'd stay clear of anyone who could watch it without shedding a tear for its truly heartbreaking ending.

Love Death and Robots
from Netflix ..
Just watched the first episode... not bad, not bad at all. 

Some of the twist were predictable but a few were surprising.. :D

• Like 1

On 3/22/2019 at 12:16 PM, bjornk said:

Goddamn but Lee Van Cleef was THE MAN! One of the best faces ever. He could play such an implacably cold villain. He would form that smile and it chilled your blood!

Posted (edited)

Where Eagles Dare- one of the great "Watching Saturday Afternoon Movies with you Dad" films. Clint Eastwood, Richard Burton and the extremely lovely Ingrid Pitt!

Edited by vancleef

Posted (edited)

I watched the Tv Series - The Expanse Season 1-3. (Sci-Fi) Amazon prime/Netflix

Well the first episodes are very boring and a bit weird, but at the Half of Season 1, the series get better and better. I can't wait for Season 4.

Edited by zilvradrow
  • Like 1

How did i miss this? My father loved westerns and I had to sit through most every one ever made but I can't remember this one..

I would have liked this one.. lol  Maybe that was the reason I never got to see it when I was young ;) lol

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 11/16/2018 at 12:54 PM, bjornk said:

Look what I've found on YT...

For some reason watching this movie makes me wanna play Mount & Blade.😋

I HATED the theatrical cut! I remember leaving the theater in a "What the Fuck?" mood. A friend harangued me into watching the director's cut and suddenly the whole epic made sense. Now one of my favorite films.
That said, I am biased: I have always harbored a Man-Crush for the Knights Templar!

Edited by vancleef
  • Like 2

Here's one of my old favorites, have seen it a few times before all on TV. Never watched it in this format before, didn't even know it was on YT. Very good film, highly recommended.

Edited by bjornk
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, bjornk said:

Here's one of my old favorites, have seen it a few times before all on TV. Never watched it in this format before, didn't even know it was on YT. Very good film, highly recommended.

Loved this one...especially for Sam Waterson's corny jokes.

2 hours ago, vancleef said:

Loved this one...especially for Sam Waterson's corny jokes.

The one he tells in the scene where he climbed the cliff is worth "meme"rizing... 😅

I've always loved Jerry Goldsmiths score, Kay's Theme especially. Probably one of the reasons why this movie has stayed as a favorite of mine for a long time.

• Like 1

Vancleef stirred some interest in the old Hammer films so here's part one of a primer I found on Youtube.

• Like 1

Well, then, allow me to retort:

And  if his portrayal of Dracula isn't bad-ass enough for you, Lee also served behind enemy lines in the SAS during WW2 and released a Heavy Metal album ( featuring him as lead singer...his mother was a noted Opera singer) in his 90s!

Edited by vancleef

Stridulum (aka. The Visitor) 1979

An ancient intergalactic warrior arrives on Earth to put a stop to a demonic child's plot to reproduce Satan's next generation of evil. 😓

Good cast, good music, weird movie. Check it out when you have some time to waste.

Edited by bjornk

"An ancient intergalactic warrior arrives on Earth to put a stop to a demonic child's plot to reproduce Satan's next generation of evil. "

He needs to return and put a stop on terrible generation we are dealing with now!

Perhaps his failure back in '79 gave rise to the Millennials? Even the year makes sense. 😅