THE CRINGE-WORTHY INTERNET THREAD

Kendo 2

Games can't even be made decently, and now they are reworking the game?  A remake? WTF.  I hope the company full of previous witcher game developers would be a good team, however, why a rework. The game doesn't need to be remake except perhaps graphics.

Im so jaded in regardes to the gaming company.  I hope they can deliver.

It would be better in my opinion that they start their own franchises and not be tied (held hostage) to other companies that aren't doing well and churning out shit. Rmember as good as CD Project Red was, their CyberPunk game was released as shit it took over a year to get back up to a decent level where they should have been when they released the game. Not even talking about all the other shit they pumped into the game.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 2:27 AM, ritualclarity said:

Games can't even be made decently, and now they are reworking the game?  A remake? WTF.  I hope the company full of previous witcher game developers would be a good team, however, why a rework. The game doesn't need to be remake except perhaps graphics.

Im so jaded in regardes to the gaming company.  I hope they can deliver.

It would be better in my opinion that they start their own franchises and not be tied (held hostage) to other companies that aren't doing well and churning out shit. Rmember as good as CD Project Red was, their CyberPunk game was released as shit it took over a year to get back up to a decent level where they should have been when they released the game. Not even talking about all the other shit they pumped into the game.

This shit is saving me a fortune, not only movie tickets but also gaming, my PC needs replacing but why bother when nothing released these days is worth bothering with?

• Agree 3

On 2/21/2024 at 10:03 AM, endgameaddiction said:

Went into that thinking "Hey I love these conspiracy theory things. I hope it has flat earth stuff. So fun!" Came out going "Oh my God...." 🤦‍♀️

😅

I didn't need another reason for NOT buying internet of things stuff but thanks anyway!

Edited by Nessa
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

I have to do so much fucking searching and learning before I buy a game because I just can't stomach wasting money on a game I don't like.

Look, I am perfectly happy to buy a game and play it once or twice etc. if it is awesome. I am fine with not playing it like I did fallout 3 and NV. (thousands of hours) 

We need a thread where we talk about real games that work well and worth playing here

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, ritualclarity said:

I have to do so much fucking searching and learning before I buy a game because I just can't stomach wasting money on a game I don't like.

I generally avoid games altogether for this very reason. Even for the few and far between good games, I just avoid them as well. Mainly because I have always been very picky on the games I play. I still haven't tried BG3 and more than likely never will.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, endgameaddiction said:

I generally avoid games altogether for this very reason. Even for the few and far between good games, I just avoid them as well. Mainly because I have always been very picky on the games I play. I still haven't tried BG3 and more than likely never will.

BG3 is by no means perfect. It can start to get on one's nerves and I can't place exactly what that is. At least for me that is the case. I can say however, it delievers as advertised for the most part. Far better than AAA games that are being hyped. The same goes for tht Hogwarts game. A decent game but not perfect. Does a good job (for someone that isn't a potter fan) for play.  Both games I learned from others that I know. Then I watched game play footage from reviewers and some of them are along the same taste as I have. As for BG3 for you @endgameaddiction I wouldn't advise you get it until it was on a great sale. And then only if you are board. It is a third person game which I believe you like however, you are actually controling up to 4 people at a time. I haven't gone beyond the second chapter so I can verify how the game changes according to your choices beyond the game videos I have seen on the web.

BG3 needs mods like everything else.

• Ugly characters (Western devs strike again. But there are mods!)
  • Oversexed followers. And I thought picking locks to earn love was bad. 😅 (Multiple mods help here!)
  • Bad camera controls. (A mod fixes this fortunately.)
  • And the in your face The Message™ which really only starts ramping into full gear in Act 3. (Unbelievably there is a mod for this, but don't look for it on the Nexus. 🤣)

I keep hearing that Larian (devs of BG3) tend to make a sort of director's cut usually a year or so after they release a game. So probably it's best to wait longer. They are still doing updates, fixing bugs, and amazingly adding content.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nessa said:

BG3 needs mods like everything else.

• Ugly characters (Western devs strike again. But there are mods!)
  • Oversexed followers. And I thought picking locks to earn love was bad. 😅 (Multiple mods help here!)
  • Bad camera controls. (A mod fixes this fortunately.)
  • And the in your face The Message™ which really only starts ramping into full gear in Act 3. (Unbelievably there is a mod for this, but don't look for it on the Nexus. 🤣)

I keep hearing that Larian (devs of BG3) tend to make a sort of director's cut usually a year or so after they release a game. So probably it's best to wait longer. They are still doing updates, fixing bugs, and amazingly adding content.

I've seen way worse in games recently released (ugly characters). they weren't the best, however, I didn't see a need to do much to most of them.

Oversexed followers? Picking Locks to earn love? I must be missing some part of the game.  LOL Sign me up! lol. :P

The camera isn't bad IMO but it has room for some improvements.  It has improved since I got it awhile back. (I believe they have been making improvements .. lots of them continuiously. )

The Message (ACT 3) I missed. Havent went beyond ACT 2 (not completed it ) I just kept on recreating characters and seeing how they did etc. Playing with settings and such. Added a few mods. At the time I was really playing it there was much work needed on the manager and tools.

They are doing lots of work even since I bought the game months back.

The thing IMO to consider and give credit is they didn't follow what other developers do and they really worked hard to give a good running quality product. Way better than games released around the time the game was released. I saw an article mentioning that games like theirs wouldn't have been as praised if it was released 5 years ago. Game dev has gone down badly since then (longer IMO)

Waiting for a special release is a good thing to do. My thought was wait until this game is on a major sale and pick it up. This is advice for those that are so jaded by games and/or just don't want to be disappointed

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

Oversexed followers? Picking Locks to earn love? I must be missing some part of the game.  LOL Sign me up! lol. :P

Haha! I mean, if you play a guy character, Gale apparently drops Mystra and suddenly has the hots for guys. Not much better for women though as all the female followers can't wait to hop in the player's pants. 😅 It's just overdone. I like it toned done a bit.

The lockpicking was a reference to FO4. You pick locks and your follower will go from hating your guts to being deeply in love. In a few minutes in an area with lots of locks.😅

The camera isn't bad IMO but it has room for some improvements.  It has improved since I got it awhile back. (I believe they have been making improvements .. lots of them continuiously. )

It was OK for me until the monestary and that was just frustrating. However, the camera mods they have solve it totally. And let you really appreciate the great landscapes they've done.

The Message (ACT 3) I missed. Havent went beyond ACT 2 (not completed it ) I just kept on recreating characters and seeing how they did etc. Playing with settings and such. Added a few mods. At the time I was really playing it there was much work needed on the manager and tools.

They are doing lots of work even since I bought the game months back.

The thing IMO to consider and give credit is they didn't follow what other developers do and they really worked hard to give a good running quality product. Way better than games released around the time the game was released. I saw an article mentioning that games like theirs wouldn't have been as praised if it was released 5 years ago. Game dev has gone down badly since then (longer IMO)

Waiting for a special release is a good thing to do. My thought was wait until this game is on a major sale and pick it up. This is advice for those that are so jaded by games and/or just don't want to be disappointed

You get smacked over the head pretty fast with an anti-private land ownership message right off the start. And of COURSE refugees are good people who we should all just love. And of course every single gnome in the game is gay. (That might actually make sense though. 🤣) Then there's the circus though... it's a circus. 🤣 And then naturally a lot of the men are shown as idiots. While women's true love can only be other women. That stuff is straight out of Current Day™ as seen by NYC or California.😅 Also a lot of the in-game messaging and notes are filled with pronouns and the like. It's... pretty awful all around. In fact I'm wondering if Larian put so much of it in there to the point of ridiculousness to make a point. 🤣

All that said, they've done so much better at nearly everything than any AAA company I can think of for a long time. I've had 3 games, only one of which got to Act 3. (Got disgusted at the Message in Act 3 PLUS... it's kind of a busy Act. The others were more relaxed somehow.) In each of my 3 games, something totally different happened at nearly every spot. They've done a great job despite some of the woke messaging.

I really think AAA games are over. It's the smaller devs like Larian (despite the woke) that are going to produce interesting stuff going forward.

Edited by Nessa