THE CRINGE-WORTHY INTERNET THREAD

Kendo 2

Yeah, DeWalt, their batteries don't last at all, worse, if you don't regularly use them. I've had more success with Ryobi. (I'm talking about wireless drills) 

The video above is a good deal, I spent that amount on just a 18V drill no accessories. 

Edited by Alkpaz
  • Like 1

I haven't gotten into power tools just yet. I have used Makita and Dewalt, Ryobi and Rigid from the work I used to do in the past. When I do, I'm going to with the Bauer line. Their new brushless 20v is much better than their non brushless 20v.  But I'm still finishing up my chrome hand tools first. Nearly done with completing my chrome sockets. Just need 1/2 drive 6 point in SAE normal and deep and I'm finally done. And buy socket rails for them for my tool cart. But I'm going to consider getting bit sockets first. Mainly for the square, hex and torx. But the set I am planning to buy will have normal and deep that will include phillips and flat head. I mainly need the hex for the wheel hub to get to the axle and knuckle. Last time I used an allen wrench with a plier to get them off. But can't torque them down as needed that way.

I'm not familiar with that tool brand from the video. I personally don't think I'd go lower than 20v. Even for DIY. But that's just me. I just found that video funny because of the parent company and the name of both and how Jeff, guy in the video, was making dick jokes about the brands.

Edited by endgameaddiction
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, vancleef said:

Any time you bitches wanna come for MY hair, bring a friend. He can call 911 for you...

Hide contents

43074550_10156709975087288_5822423830152347648_n.jpg.46fad7d06884eaa7bb5d673e297fedd3.jpg

So Asians don't have straight hair? Only White European have straight hair?  American Indians don't have straight hair?  Jewish peoples don't have straight hair?  Only European's have this type of hair.

• Haha 2

I may agree with Yale here. I mean, most video games have awful disgusting culturally appropriated hair. Enough is enough. Stop the ugly I mean, cultural appropriation. Let's get back to having nice hair... I mean non-culturally appropriated hair. And since you can't culturally appropriate European stuff for some reason... we all get European hair in video games! 😅😆🤣

Edited by Nessa
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Really the current climate just makes me want to make a video game with a woke switch.

Woke Switch On:

• All female characters are hideously ugly.
  • All female characters cannot ever be wrong about anything, and cannot be beaten in combat.
  • Female characters fulfill all masculine roles.
  • All male characters are stupid and used as comic relief.
  • You don't actually play the game, it plays itself. (So it's not too hard!) 🤣

Woke Switch Off:

• Actually attractive female characters exist.
  • Female characters may be wrong, can be defeated in combat, and may just actually have some flaws in their personality!
  • Female characters are feminine.
  • Some male characters can actually be competent!
  • The game is actually a challenge as intended.
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

My 2 cents... Wonder Woman, as introduced in Batman Vs Superman, was pretty good. Beautiful, PRINCESS (demigodess), kicked butt, and had cool theme music! They touched on her emotional dettachment from "getting involved", but not too much. I do not think she was ever portrayed as a female version of a male character, which makes her even better... in my view. NOT "female Thor"... NOT female Ironman... NOT female Ghostbusters! OY!!!

But, wokeness isn't about "equality", rather about taking things away, and appropriating them, and throwing it back in your face, be it video games or movies... or anything else they can think of.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

My 2 cents... Wonder Woman, as introduced in Batman Vs Superman, was pretty good. Beautiful, PRINCESS (demigodess), kicked butt, and had cool theme music! They touched on her emotional dettachment from "getting involved", but not too much. I do not think she was ever portrayed as a female version of a male character, which makes her even better... in my view. NOT "female Thor"... NOT female Ironman... NOT female Ghostbusters! OY!!!

But, wokeness isn't about "equality", rather about taking things away, and appropriating them, and throwing it back in your face, be it video games or movies... or anything else they can think of.

Harley Quin is a unique and interesting character.  From what I can tell she appeals to women and girls. I can't see that character being mirrored or taken away from any other character.  Like Wonder Women there are characters that can stand alone and have deep rich backstories. More needs to be created. Same goes for insert your protected class.

Copy and rip off something else and it will fail. It has always failed. Might be interesting for a brief time but it will fail. Never stand by itself. Create something interesting and unique and it will stand the test of time.

5 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

Harley Quin is a unique and interesting character.  From what I can tell she appeals to women and girls. I can't see that character being mirrored or taken away from any other character.  Like Wonder Women there are characters that can stand alone and have deep rich backstories. More needs to be created. Same goes for insert your protected class.

Copy and rip off something else and it will fail. It has always failed. Might be interesting for a brief time but it will fail. Never stand by itself. Create something interesting and unique and it will stand the test of time.

Harley Quinn is white. That's good enough and really all it takes to destroy a character these days.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

My understanding is that she has "evolved" a bit, from Joker sidekick to super villainess in her own right... though always tied to Joker. She has her own skill set and abilities, as well as her psychosis. But being associated with a male character isn't a bad thing. Men and woman are often paired up in life... and theirs is a twisted love story! ))) Even 1960's Batman (I get to watch this with my husband and son)... Despite what wokers would call masogynistic, Catwoman was beautiful, brown skinned, criminal mastermind who was the boss of several male thugs. 

1 hour ago, endgameaddiction said:

Harley Quinn is white. That's good enough and really all it takes to destroy a character these days.

Perhaps, but the mental health people might get upset!

7 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

My understanding is that she has "evolved" a bit, from Joker sidekick to super villainess in her own right... though always tied to Joker. She has her own skill set and abilities, as well as her psychosis. But being associated with a male character isn't a bad thing. Men and woman are often paired up in life... and theirs is a twisted love story! ))) Even 1960's Batman (I get to watch this with my husband and son)... Despite what wokers would call masogynistic, Catwoman was beautiful, brown skinned, criminal mastermind who was the boss of several male thugs. 

Perhaps, but the mental health people might get upset!

Having a story like Harley isn't a distraction, it is rich and detailed.  It is great IMO that they have such a story for a character. I also don't have a problem with a sidekick becoming something stand alone and independent.  Especially someone that is well developed and crafted and has a fan base to do so. Being connected in the past to such a powerful character as Joker only works to insure that her character doesn't fade in the coming years and likely will increase in popularity which I for one approve of.

Catwoman (old Batman) was awesome. Nothing wrong with being sexy and powerful and confident was the moral of that character for the women (brown skinned) during that time. Also, the actor that they choose for that was just perfect.  Hell even into her elder years she still had sex appeal. Not a lot of opportunities for an brown skinned actor that had such dept and development.

Sidekicks that have the ending of "girl" don't pan out well. Bat girl, Supergirl, etc.  At least IMO. They are more tied to their main character like Batman and Superman. Difficult to separate them properly and really difficult to get their backstory as rich and detailed as Catwoman for example.

8 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

They will just make her a different race. Much like they have done with Cat-woman. They can't seem to make up their mind on that character's race.

I am on the fence if that (racial swap) is going to be strong enough to end that character or if it will just flop like many times they try to change races in the past stories.  Fans want what they have come to know and love. Not something SJW'd and race swapped. They will quickly get board of that shit if t hey even take the time to look at it in the first place.

The writers need to develop other characters in whatever they have in mind and skillfully and carefully write them into the main universe and let them stand and grow. It took years for some of the main stay characters to be as popular (some were popular quickly though)

I was checking to see if there was something to watch on Netflix. I noticed Cyberpunk. So I checked it out. It actually has a scene in the first episode that matches the apartment that you get in the game to start with.  Lots of copy. Guess if you have problems with the game, instead of fixing it, make a cartoon? lol

Well... it is actually from CK Project Red. Based on the game they released.  Not great but not horrible.  Really trying for the anime style. Don't watch that much so can't really give it a good review based on that.  Pretty close to the material of the game.

A reckoning is coming...

At least, this crap will not be taught to my son. We live in a small town in South Jersey, where my husband, his military service, "special" training, willingness to defend his family and ability to do so are very well known and respected. At a local school board meeting over the summer, he made a simple and clear statement... "The schools will teach our son to read, write and do math. We (pointed to himself and to me) will teach him everything else he needs to know about life. The manner in which I prosecute (military meaning, not the legal one) any derivation from that will be an unpleasantness you may wish to avoid." And we left before anyone had a chance to say something that would lead to "unpleasantness".

This stuff must be stopped!

• Agree 1

Yeah, not ever getting a drink with ice in it anymore. Someone posted that 80% of ice machines are like this. I believe it. I found this video after cruising around post this video:

Don't watch/listen if you are having or plan to have lunch. 

Edited by Alkpaz

2 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

Yeah, not ever getting a drink with ice in it anymore. Someone posted that 80% of ice machines are like this. I believe it. I found this video after cruising around post this video:

Well, my husband says that Starbuck's actually gets regular cleaning and maintanence on ice machines in our area from HVAC company he works for. We don't buy their over priced, woke crap coffee, but at least the ice is clean!

Besides, that which does not kill you... etc etc etc... 🤗

• Like 1