THE CRINGE-WORTHY INTERNET THREAD

Kendo 2

5 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

Not really cringy, but Klug had a day of running into people with common sense in California.

Must be Darrell Issa's district!

But more than teachers with guns or armed guards, how about putting alarms and cameras on all of the doors, so even when a teacher goes out to get her phone, a siren sounds, alarm goes to police, and whoever opened the door is recorded and can be fired. Perhaps to use all of that Covid slush fund that wasn't spent for new ventilation systems.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

Maybe relevant to endgameaddiction, I found this quite shocking, especially the part where the water level was back in the year 2000: 

Yeah. It's pretty stupid what's going on here. Every month LVVWD (Las Vegas Valley Water District) sends us mail on how to properly water our grass. Time, day, etc.

https://www.lvvwd.com/conservation/mandatory-watering-schedule/index.html

https://www.lvvwd.com/conservation/measures/index.html

But for some stupid reason, they continue to expand the growth of our valley larger and larger, which has also increased the cost of properties. It's getting really stupid out here. How are we supposed to conserve Lake Mead's water if we continue to grow only to bring in more people to live who are going to waste water themselves. Make no mistake, we are eventually going to run out of water at this rate. But let's continue to build more houses and apartments complexes so more people move here. Right... No one ever seems to talk about that. Just know how to properly use water. It's really sad. I remember going out the Lake Mead as a child with the family every other weekend in the 80s and early 90s. Either way, this was bound to happen. Vegas is eventually going to dry up and become a dead city.

Hopefully before that disaster happens, I will have already moved out of here. I'd hate to have to leave my home state. I would like to move out in the rural. There are some options I have been looking at, but nothing for sure. Then there's also Carson City, Pahrump or Reno. Reno isn't exactly where I'd like to go to. I hear it's pretty liberal. I also have heard it's like Las Vegas, it's a mix of both.

Edited by endgameaddiction
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Jan6 witch hunt committee suspended indefinitely.  Evidently voters don't give a fuck.

It's on here. Well, not on our TV, but being broadcast.

1 hour ago, Alkpaz said:

Seems like the entire world is just flowing in. Let's Go Brandon! 

Clearly the problem is that border patrol is just too slow processing those people, and giving them a cell phone, baby formula and pre-filled out voter registration card. 😒

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 6/21/2022 at 11:47 PM, Alkpaz said:

Maybe relevant to endgameaddiction, I found this quite shocking, especially the part where the water level was back in the year 2000: 

The problem is that California takes most of Lake Mead's water. They should've been desalinizing sea water, which seems like they will never do. Tired of having to support them. Even with their forest fires. Supposedly we use about or around 4% of Lake Mead's water. But given the crisis we are in, it still doesn't help growing our city until this issue gets resolved.

Edited by endgameaddiction
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

The problem is that California takes most of Lake Mead's water. They should've been desalinizing sea water, which seems like they will never do. Tired of having to support them. Even with their forest fires. Supposedly we use about or around 4% of Lake Mead's water. But given the crisis we are in, it still doesn't help growing our city until this issue gets resolved.

California, or shall we instead say Sacramento, regularly forgets the whole place is a desert. Rather than anything sane, they'll cut the water to crops then whine about (insert cause of the moment here) and do absolutely nothing as the rest of the state falls into complete chaos. They don't even take simple steps to store water for drought years and every single drought is a "surprise".

Forget the wall on the Mexican border, the US should build a wall around Sacramento, LA (cut off at Orange County of course 🤣) and San Francisco to keep all the loons in! 🤣 And after it's finished, build another one around DC. 🐲

Regarding the Meade thing, I was there several years ago and thought it was abysmally low. The rangers assured everyone "Oh it's just fine this is normal." Now this. 🙈🙉🙊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 3

10 hours ago, Nessa said:

And after it's finished, build another one around DC.

Technically, they did and in record time. What was it? The day after the Capitol Storming they had a fence around it? Funny how all the politicians claiming "fences don't work" suddenly jumped on THAT fuckin' project!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3

56 minutes ago, vancleef said:

Technically, they did and in record time. What was it? The day after the Capitol Storming they had a fence around it? Funny how all the politicians claiming "fences don't work" suddenly jumped on THAT fuckin' project!

I think the fence is more to do with Biden not getting lost and roaming the streets clueless. They should give him some cue cards with directions to get back home. Or keep him on a leash.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

I think the fence is more to do with Biden not getting lost and roaming the streets clueless. They should give him some cue cards with directions to get back home. Or keep him on a leash.

He has a leash... her name is Jill...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Kendo 2 said:

Yet another meaningful occasion rendered moot.  If she was British I guess she'd be knighted.

I think British Queen still has higher standards. She even booted her own grandson for acting like a woke douchebag!!! 

And take note of just where the woke douchebag ran to for acceptance. 🤨

• Haha 1
  • Agree 3

Kind of like windmills off the coast of rich people's beach front homes. They whine and complain about "renewable", until a windmill blocks their view of the ocean.

Point being, why hasn't CA been building desalination plants the last 20 or 30 years? Not like this happened yesterday. Afarid a big water suction inlet pipe will spoil someone's view? Or more likely that a fish gets sucked in???

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

The video leaves out Texas. Why? Some of the Colorado River water does flow into The Rio Grande. Right around Big Bend there is the Edwards Aquifer which supplies underground water to San Antonio and Austin (possibly Houston). The record low levels of Lake Meade goes deeper than just Las Vegas as that video shows, but it also affects most of Texas. Low Colorado River water = low Rio Grande water = low aquifer levels. Locally, we here on the border can see it: https://www.kgns.tv/video/2022/07/08/low-water-levels-lake-casa-blanca/ This could also explain our recent years issues with our own water supply getting disrupted with "water boil notices", which a low Rio water would mean more heavy elements on the bottom of the river bed are flowing into the system contaminating it. Our local news should be on top of it, but instead just show video of a man-made lake getting low. Screw that, show how the Rio is getting low so we all of us who live here can start doing our part. 

• Like 1