The Official Introduction Thread.

Doublezero

2 hours ago, Jim_UK said:

I'm more or a screenshot person than a modder so I'm not sure how much I'll be adding to the place.

Irrelevant.  You swing for the fences not matter what you turn your hand at.  ritualclarity is the same way.  He can't mod his way out of a wet paper grocery bag but he has know-how and knowledgeable presence.  Modding is one part of a whole.  I can mod and make my own content; good luck getting me to trouble shoot conflicts though.  Being able to mod isn't the only aspect of using mods. ^_^

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, ritualclarity said:

I agree a bit of talent and great attitude is always welcome here. As for the skill set... perhaps as we grow we can implement some tutorials to help with increasing skill-sets for those that wish to have this. I also see some of the more experienced members chiming in to help those starting off with some tips and hints to help them along.

As for adding to the place, you are doing great. Adding screenshots where someone that comes here can see what can be done is very useful. An easy way to add more is to help some of the members that might be trying to replicate your photos follow your mod list and such so that can also get such beautiful results as well. :)

Take it from me... I only fired up GECK a hand full of times and really didn't to much with it when I did... Same goes with nifscope. I am familiar with them but haven't used them. I almost exclusively supplied support to users in resolving their modding issues. Trust me, that alone helps greatly. Helps the site, and helps the mod content creators focus on their craft and continue working on their mods instead of heavy support. They can watch the thread for reported / confirmed bugs and go back to work.. ;).

It's not so much a lack of skills, I cannot get my head around 3d modeling but I'm alright with most other things, it's more a lack of time, organisation and motivation.

I started one a little while ago, it was going to be an 80s bar for New Vegas, it would have been as lore friendly as dragons but I've never much cared for that. I created a worldspace and did the exterior, then I made a start on the interior, retextured a bunch of stuff and then thought I'd better do the music before I do anything else, that's when I met the horror that is New Vegas's audio system. I was expecting it to be the same as Oblivion and Fallout 3, create a music set and then have the cell play tracks from the set randomly.

I won't go into detail but it involves creating media sets, attaching them to a media controller and then an audio marker, that marker has three levels of sound set to play at various distances from it, there are other settings in the there that screw everything up, this is on top of the already buggy audio and the problem with MP3s over 192kps not playing properly. I had 100 tracks ready, I soon gave up, I wasn't going to go through that hell for each track, especially when the mod would have had to have been a private share because of the music, the final straw came when the game was still playing Culture Club while I'm back in the wastes fighting the Legion. 

• Like 1

If you or others ever run into a problem like what you have experienced, where you did a massive amount of work and ran into a wall, post it here and let some people review it and see if there is some suggestions. (your issues that is) (post it on other sites if you feel there is some help there as well). It is ashamed to loose such work done because of some lack of understanding or knowledge.

Kendo makes my skill set a but smaller than it is.. :P I have worked with many on another site to develop their mods. I have connected many skilled people and helped them manage their project. (that is what I do besides tech support... but shush.. keep that quiet.. :P) I apparently don't have the skills to mod my way out of a wet paper bag... lol. but with a community of modders, support and help provided you or others have the patience and dedication to see their dream through... it is very possible.

Edited by ritualclarity
edit for clarification

Hi to all. Thanks to Kendo 2 for recommendation of this site and ritualclarity for reminding me of its existence, I joined this new site. So far, I love it.

I'm not a modder and script writer but have experince in Beta testings and hope I will be NMM guru one day (ritual... my friend... :P  )

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Elf Prince said:

Hi to all. Thanks to Kendo 2 for recommendation of this site and ritualclarity for reminding me of its existence, I joined this new site. So far, I love it.

I'm not a modder and script writer but have experince in Beta testings and hope I will be NMM guru one day (ritual... my friend... :P  )

You having one of the most complete resources for all things NMM. It is great to have someone like you here.

As far as I am concerned you are a NMM guru... ;).

• Like 1

Hi guys. I thought about checking this site after Elf Prince recommended it. And as some pointed out in the forums the layout, mostly the color scheme and somehow the overall layout seems familiar, which is good in my eyes. You guys might know me from LL as I have the same name. 

So far everything looks good :D so I've bookmarked the site so I have easy access to it :P 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Khiropter said:

Hi guys. I thought about checking this site after Elf Prince recommended it. And as some pointed out in the forums the layout, mostly the color scheme and somehow the overall layout seems familiar, which is good in my eyes. You guys might know me from LL as I have the same name. 

So far everything looks good :D so I've bookmarked the site so I have easy access to it :P 

Welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here at NSFWmods. Please, feel free to spread the word!

35 minutes ago, Khiropter said:

Hello Khriopter, glad to see you can make it to our little site. Just don't bookmark it you have to come often... :P

Hi all.    I just found my way here, because I  like Anatriax's wonderfully written guides, and just followed the links from LL.

Some of you may or may not recognize me from there, I don't post very often, but I read and lurk a lot.

I've never in my life created a mod, but I like to add them to my games, and make vanilla games into adult games.

So anyway, just thought I'd say hey, I'm here.  Site looks good, I like what your are doing, and will probably be a regular visitor.

Edit-  I don't know why that one sentence is bold, it isn't meant to be. LOL    Learning!

Edited by Pkatt
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, Pkatt said:

Hi all.    I just found my way here, because I  like Anatriax's wonderfully written guides, and just followed the links from LL.

Some of you may or may not recognize me from there, I don't post very often, but I read and lurk a lot.

I've never in my life created a mod, but I like to add them to my games, and make vanilla games into adult games.

So anyway, just thought I'd say hey, I'm here.  Site looks good, I like what your are doing, and will probably be a regular visitor.

Edit-  I don't know why that one sentence is bold, it isn't meant to be. LOL    Learning!

Welcome, welcome..

We will ignore that bold sentence... :P

Nothing wrong with not making a mod in your life... some others here are in the same boat.. 9_9

"probably be a regular visitor"..O.o Hope that was a type-o  or glitch like your bold sentence :P

• Like 1

Hello Everyone I was asked to check this site out by my good buddy ElfPrince, I came over from LoversLab & Nexus Some of you may know me. anyways just checking everything out & I think it looks really cool, I love the layout of the site, very nice.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Zquad1 said:

Hello Everyone I was asked to check this site out by my good buddy ElfPrince, I came over from LoversLab & Nexus Some of you may know me. anyways just checking everything out & I think it looks really cool, I love the layout of the site, very nice.

Glad you can come over to keep your bud Elf Prince company... :) Have fun you two!

Hi there guys,

I am HappySparkles. Some may know me, many may not. I am an Oblivion modder that mods their own custom content into the game for a few bodies for females and Transsexuals. I am considering to bring some of my work here if this is OK. I was invited by RitualClarity and look forward to getting to know everyone else.

I think I will post a couple of topics for mod feedback in Oblivion if i is OK One for female and one for TS. I am very interested in hearng what type of feedback I'll get here. If it is OK with you guys that I do that, please let me know :).

• Like 4

Hey, happysparkles :) Glad to see you checked this site out.

It is OK happysparkles.. :D. It is perfectly fine for you to have two threads one for the female and one for the TS content. I see nothing wrong with that. It is fine for you to bring any content you want over or just hang out and have fun. It is up to you :). I believe you will find that we are easy going.

Maybe if there ends up being a lot of TS content for Oblivion (and fans) we might even be able to make a TS sub-forum in Oblivion. :P. No promises.. ;).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, happysparkles said:

Hi there guys,

I am HappySparkles. Some may know me, many may not. I am an Oblivion modder that mods their own custom content into the game for a few bodies for females and Transsexuals. I am considering to bring some of my work here if this is OK. I was invited by RitualClarity and look forward to getting to know everyone else.

I think I will post a couple of topics for mod feedback in Oblivion if i is OK One for female and one for TS. I am very interested in hearng what type of feedback I'll get here. If it is OK with you guys that I do that, please let me know :).

Just about anything is welcome.  There aren't content guidelines so if it is something you made and you want to share then by all means do so.  Personal preference is sort of the NSFWmods 'thing'.

The only hurdle you might have is freedom of speech reigns supreme here so some people might say pathetic things to you.  But never fear, you are allowed to voice your opinions and stand up for yourself.  If someone needs to be put in their place you're allowed to do so.  In fact, we encourage it.

The only instance where the Staff will Hulk Smash people is if they come into your upload threads or mod support topics and misbehave.  Then they belong to us and their forum experience will be a living Hell.

I hope to see your content hosted here! B|

• Like 1

16 hours ago, happysparkles said:

Hi there guys,

Welcome! :D So YOU are who I needed to talk to about adding futa's to Oblivion ;) hehe

• Like 1