THE CRINGE-WORTHY INTERNET THREAD

Kendo 2

2 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

This is rather frightening.

Regarding the Pacific, that's accurate. We all knew never to go swimming for at least a week after a rain for instance. The salinity of the salt water being reduced plus all the crap running off from the land made it unsafe for swimming. Those dumb enough to actually get in the water of course had all kinds of problems. That kind of thing regularly affected the area even near Balboa Pier (where I would usually go).

As for the Santa Ana river, you've got to be completely brain dead to be anywhere near that polluted monstrosity.

And while I'm on pollution, the "marine layer" (a euphemism for smog in Orange County) was so bad that you could only see the San Gabriel mountains a few days in any given year if you were lucky. As a kid the first time we had a clear enough day to see them I was shocked there were mountains there at all. 🤦‍♀️🤣

Furthermore some interesting stuff about that same beach. My parents say they remember lots of sea creatures when they were kids. Today? Not much left alive. The occasional seal or dolphin might show up but most of the usual suspects in any beach aren't present. (In contrast Hawaiian beaches are teaming with life on the shore.) I now can't help but wonder if it wasn't so much the crowds as the pollution causing this.

As such out here in Europe I laugh when they say the "smog" is bad. They don't know what smog is out here! 😆

As for the rest.......   yeah. Scary indeed. If anybody contacts a flying saucer, send it my way. I want off this crazy train! 🤣

• Like 3

I had to post this, since I didn't see many conservatives talk about it (at least the ones I watch frequently which is mostly the DW/Blaze/Prager/MRCTV peeps) Maybe because they were focused on the riots, I mean, "peaceful protests" happening at the time: 

https://www.wired.com/story/valve-steam-adl-white-supremacy-extremism/

Apparently, Steam/Valve is racist. Weird how they are located in a satellite city of Seattle known as Bellevue, WA. We all here know how "progressive" Seattle is. 

Edited by Alkpaz
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

Apparently, Steam/Valve is racist. Weird how they are located in a satellite city of Seattle known as Bellevue, WA. We all here know how "progressive" Seattle is. 

Yeah if you don't bow to cancel culture immediately you're de facto "racist" now. As if that term has any meaning anymore. 🥴

Apparently the galaxy is racist now too. I think we should just cut the crap and declare reality: EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING is now racist. 🤡 😆

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

https://www.cnet.com/news/the-backlash-against-lin-manuel-mirandas-in-the-heights-explained/

This is funny when they start attacking their own. I wasn't expecting this but even seen a video on it. HAHAHAHAHA!

Trust me, when Woke Culture starts losing money, it's done. Hollywood is already quietly returning to churning out the same old shit. When even the Star Wars franchise starts losing money, you know they notice that.

7 hours ago, vancleef said:

Trust me, when Woke Culture starts losing money, it's done. Hollywood is already quietly returning to churning out the same old shit. When even the Star Wars franchise starts losing money, you know they notice that.

I do think they noticed that and have somewhat tried to correct ship...
to be honest, I would love to see darker color actor/actresses and various groups but they have to be in meaningful roles or they are just a distraction.  I go back to Witcher 3.. the cross dressing elf. the hunter that had his gay lover kill himself (I believe he killed himself) the interactions of most (not all) of those characters were as meaningful as interactions with the main core characters. At least IMO.  I am currently watching through the seasons of Black Lightening. Some of the material is a bit excessive but I have no problem accepting the cast and characters. This is a show that was built for this purpose.  Tobias Whale is an awesome character in that show. Same with LaLa (he took a bit to develop ) I enjoy those two characters more than the main ones in the show. They play their parts excellently and with style. 

When I was younger one of my favorite comic turn movies was SPAWN.. AWESOME.  Well written. Loved it.  however, when you put out garbage ( LIke Mass Effect Andromeda) where it is obvious you are just checking boxes... it will just be a turd. It will blow up in your face. IT will fail.

The fact that he has to feel like he has to apologize for casting appropriate actors for his movie is such a shame. Such a fucking shame. I hope all this bullshit only further increases the viewing of this movie.

3 hours ago, ritualclarity said:

I do think they noticed that and have somewhat tried to correct ship...
to be honest, I would love to see darker color actor/actresses and various groups but they have to be in meaningful roles or they are just a distraction.  I go back to Witcher 3.. the cross dressing elf. the hunter that had his gay lover kill himself (I believe he killed himself) the interactions of most (not all) of those characters were as meaningful as interactions with the main core characters. At least IMO.  I am currently watching through the seasons of Black Lightening. Some of the material is a bit excessive but I have no problem accepting the cast and characters. This is a show that was built for this purpose.  Tobias Whale is an awesome character in that show. Same with LaLa (he took a bit to develop ) I enjoy those two characters more than the main ones in the show. They play their parts excellently and with style. 

When I was younger one of my favorite comic turn movies was SPAWN.. AWESOME.  Well written. Loved it.  however, when you put out garbage ( LIke Mass Effect Andromeda) where it is obvious you are just checking boxes... it will just be a turd. It will blow up in your face. IT will fail.

The fact that he has to feel like he has to apologize for casting appropriate actors for his movie is such a shame. Such a fucking shame. I hope all this bullshit only further increases the viewing of this movie.

What frustrates me is when Diversity is added only for the sake of Diversity and adds nothing to further the project or, in a few cases, wrecks it. There was a rumor that a studio was going to produce a Joan of Arc biopic with a Black actress in the title role. Just plain dumb. History is history. Joan of Arc was a White chick. End of story. It's like they're saying, "Well, you still need stories about White people if you wanna sell tickets!"
Same thing annoys me now , for example. that Hollywood is rushing to re-launch successful franchises with Black actors just because those franchises have been profitable and Woke Culture is in even though there are still hundreds of untold historical and fictional stories featuring Black protagonists. Perfect example is the legendary US Marshal of the late 19th Century Indian Territory, Bass Reeves. Hollywood has yet to do a movie about him but they've already recast the Magnificent Seven with a diverse cast.  If I was a Black man, I'd be offended that "my stories" still aren't good enough to be told, instead opting for just recasting the same old movies. But, of course, we'll get a Black James Bond or a Lesbian Sherlock Holmes instead...
I'd be chomping at the bit to see a movie about Bass Reeves. Even allowing for some legend to have been added to his life, dude's career reads like an adventure novel!
And the argument can't be "Black doesn't sell." Blade, Black Panther and Falcon, just three characters off the top of my head, were always Black and those movies are hugely successful. And while you can argue that maybe Marvel movies being hot right now contributed to the success of Falcon and Black Panther, Blade came out decades ago. 
Just my rantings. Feel free to destroy my argument.