THE CRINGE-WORTHY INTERNET THREAD

Kendo 2

14 minutes ago, Kendo 2 said:

About 2 yrs ago the ACLU filed suit to ban police body cameras because the footage made juries biased.  They were laughed out of court.

One of my clients is a NYPD officer whose beat is East Harlem. He loves his body cam. In the past, when perps  sued him for brutality, he used to waste about two weeks a year in court for these hearings. Now the case is dropped as soon as the defense lawyers see the footage. He says  it's rare to even have to go to court at all now.

Edited by vancleef

5 hours ago, vancleef said:

One of my clients is a NYPD officer whose beat is East Harlem. He loves his body cam. In the past, when perps  sued him for brutality, he used to waste about two weeks a year in court for these hearings. Now the case is dropped as soon as the defense lawyers see the footage. He says  it's rare to even have to go to court at all now.

I know some police officers and so far the only  ones that have an issue with the camera are those that are trying to, or actually do wrong.  The thing is if these asshole cops fucking up and doing wrong keep on doing it.. eventually all officers will be required to have their cameras on with sound even when they aren't on a call.  While they are in the squad car and likely only be able to turn it off if they were taking a shit. ;)

"To serve and protect" My ass. Oh, yeah this was aired last night, not sometime in 2020. Yanno, when cases are down across the board. But we need to protect people with a iron fist, here is another case: 

They were okay to fly back and forth with their child all throughout 2020, but this is the "New Administration", the "New Normal" that we need to "do as you are told". 

If I could staple every video just in the past 2 months of this "Administration", in this thread, it would probably fail to load due to too many videos. 

IMHO the destruction of this country was finalized when the fence went up around the Capitol, and the right to see your elected Congressmen was denied. Not even during the hippie days did this occur, when Black individuals were being sprayed with water hoses. Segregation is back in vogue (teen vogue because that is the mentality right now in this "country" [yes, it is in quotes] ) with University graduation ceremonies segregated based on the color of your epidermis. They have never changed. This was their plan all along. 

Edited by Alkpaz
  • Confused 1

The brutality of the arrests for Covid nonsense astound me. There's been a little bit of that here but there's none of the "shackle them they are dangerous" stuff. It's still asinine of course. (Two guys fined for kissing their girlfriends. A guy surrounded on the beach even though he was alone. The governor wanting to "save" kids partying by burning them alive. 🤣 Etc. All of which were in areas with garbage mayors or governors.) But the stuff out of the US and especially Commonwealth countries is ... disturbing to say the least. I think the UK is the worst but Australia is up there. Canada as well and the even the US in spots. There is going to need to be a reckoning I think when this is all over. (If it gets over before everyone revolts anyway. )

I'm in the country so lockdowns never really happened here even when they were severe for the cities. I'll say this though, I'm not living in a city ever again after all this. Country for me from now on period!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, endgameaddiction said:

Yeah, I'm making preparations in the near future to move out in the rural out here. But it's not mainly because of this. I'm just sick and tired of Californians that continue to ruin this city for decades. Tired of being around stupid people who drive and just act stupid.

Yeah there were a bunch of reasons for leaving California for me too. Too long to list really. And having been gone so long I really only miss two things. The Pacific waves and hummingbirds. Otherwise: don't miss a thing. 🤣

• Like 1

Jim Sterling has transitioned (by putting on a wig) and went on a Twinkie-induced sugar rage and started flagging anyone who referred to him as 'him'.  Note the people he flagged for harassment were DEFENDING him in the false flagging of his videos by a nobody game dev.  Sterling was always a fucking tool but attacking the people who're defending you?  That's new levels of scumfuckery.

• Agree 4

RC, that autopilot mod is something I joked about to another mod author years ago when he made either a auto-harvest/auto-loot/auto-enchant/auto-potion mod. I joked about it saying now I just need something to auto-play the game for me, and after all those years, they finally have one! (It was a Nexus comment) :D As for the vid I posted, I think you've seen that before a few years ago, I posted it a while back on LL. Still shows what level of research average YTers actually do, which is actually more cringeworthy than the video itself at times. 

Edited by Alkpaz
  • Agree 1

I'm done with firefox. I don't know what they did, but they fucked it up. All my tabs are gone. i thought it was a problem on my end but after completely uninstalling FF and every single associated file, I installed it again losing everything, even no longer being able to log back on LL because I don't remember my dummy email I used to create the last account because they chose to lock my previous account with my actual email I use. Anyways, tabs al continue to close despite having it enabled to keep them from closing the next time I open FF. Time to find another browser.

5 minutes ago, endgameaddiction said:

I'm done with firefox. I don't know what they did, but they fucked it up. All my tabs are gone. i thought it was a problem on my end but after completely uninstalling FF and every single associated file, I installed it again losing everything, even no longer being able to log back on LL because I don't remember my dummy email I used to create the last account because they chose to lock my previous account with my actual email I use. Anyways, tabs al continue to close despite having it enabled to keep them from closing the next time I open FF. Time to find another browser.

Sadly there aren't many alternatives, most are Chrome based, so Opera/Edge are the same.. Chrome-based. There is Waterfox which uses the same as Firefox. https://www.waterfox.net/ I don't know if it would do the same shenanigans as FF, since it does use the same architecture, worth a shot. 

3 minutes ago, Alkpaz said:

Sadly there aren't many alternatives, most are Chrome based, so Opera/Edge are the same.. Chrome-based. There is Waterfox which uses the same as Firefox. https://www.waterfox.net/ I don't know if it would do the same shenanigans as FF, since it does use the same architecture, worth a shot. 

I've decided to install Brave browser.

4 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

I'm done with firefox,

I installed it again losing everything, even no longer being able to log back on LL because I don't remember my dummy email I used to create the last account because they chose to lock my previous account with my actual email I use.

No real loss there... lol  :P

Hey, they locked your actual email forcing you to make adjustments .... Instead of working with you to correct whatever was the matter previously.... ;)

19 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

I've decided to install Brave browser.

I use Brave as one of my 12 million browsers. It's among my more favorite browsers and actually has a menu bar! Feels modern next to the garbage Fatfox has been putting out there lately.

Spoiler
On 3/24/2021 at 11:24 PM, ritualclarity said:

For the modern gamer. ... a way to not to actually play the game.

1. That guy's voice is like nails on a chalkboard. 🥴🤣

2. Bethsoft probably will be taking notes here. Why bother with what little gameplay they have left when the game can just play itself! <-- Todd will probably claim it was his idea of course. 🤣

• Agree 1

21 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

FF has been constantly getting worse for some time. I recommend using portable versions, which is what I've been doing for the past few years.

https://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

It doesn't install anything or mess with Windows registry or the AppData folder, it simply runs on its own folder and uses its own "profile" folder, which is why you can use multiple versions of FF at the same time (useful if you want to try out new versions of FF and new addons) and you can simply delete the version you don't like. I can help you configure it if you want to give it a go and make it look and behave like the older versions of FF, however, I'm still on 74.0.

Unfortunately, portableapps.com doesn't keep older versions, but you can find them here :

https://sourceforge.net/projects/portableapps/files/Mozilla Firefox%2C Portable Ed./

How to configure it:

1. Download the executable, which is a self-extracting file, run it and choose a folder e.g. D:\FirefoxPortable\ or something similar.
  2. Copy D:\FirefoxPortable\Other\Source\FirefoxPortable.ini into D:\PortableFireFox\FirefoxPortable.ini
  3. Edit the following lines like below:

DisableSplashScreen=true
    AllowMultipleInstances=true
    DisableIntelligentStart=true
    SkipCompregFix=true
    AlwaysUse32Bit=true

Note: AlwaysUse32Bit=true is optional but running 32 bit might consume less memory.

4. You can copy your FF profile from the current installation as described below:
    https://portableapps.com/support/firefox_portable#local_profile

5. Here's a bunch of tweaks that I did:

To restore the old green padlock:
    https://www.ghacks.net/2019/10/28/how-to-restore-the-green-lock-icon-in-firefoxs-address-bar/

To always run it on incognito mode:
    Create a shortcut for FirefoxPortable.exe and paste this into the "Target" section: D:\FirefoxPortable\FirefoxPortable.exe -private-window

To restore the old style "about" page (or the initial FF screen) for private browsing:
    Create a folder as D:\PortableFireFox\\Data\profile\chrome\ and create a text file named as userContent.css then open it in a text editor and paste the following and then save.

/* Private Window New Tab Page -- Logo Only */
    @-moz-document url(about:privatebrowsing){
      html.private div.showPrivate div.search-inner-wrapper,
      html.private div.showPrivate div.info {
        display: none !important;
      }
    }

How to completely disable Firefox autoupdates and update notifications:

1. Run regedit.exe.
  2. Go to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\.
  3. Right click on Policies and create a new key called 'Mozilla' and then inside the 'Mozilla' key create another key as 'Firefox'.
  4. Inside the 'Firefox' key, right click on the empty space on the right and create a new DWORD 32 Bit Value and name it as 'DisableAppUpdate'.
  5. Double click on DisableAppUpdate and enter the decimal value of 1.
  6. If you find this too complicated, create a text file and rename it as let's say, tmp.reg, open it in a text editor and paste the following and save it:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Policies\Mozilla\Firefox]
    "DisableAppUpdate"=dword:00000001
  7. Right click on the tmp.reg file and choose 'Merge'.

There are a bunch of other portable browsers (Opera, Chrome etc.) on portableapps.com if you'd like to give it a try. I've also been using Thunderbird portable for quite some time.

https://portableapps.com/apps/internet

Edited by bjornk
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Nessa said:

I use Brave as one of my 12 million browsers. It's among my more favorite browsers and actually has a menu bar! Feels modern next to the garbage Fatfox has been putting out there lately.

Reveal hidden contents

1. That guy's voice is like nails on a chalkboard. 🥴🤣

2. Bethsoft probably will be taking notes here. Why bother with what little gameplay they have left when the game can just play itself! <-- Todd will probably claim it was his idea of course. 🤣

With Brave Youtube videos begin to play once I click the thumbnail of the video. Does this happen to you?

Edited by endgameaddiction

1 hour ago, endgameaddiction said:

With Brave Youtube videos begin to play once I click the thumbnail of the video. Does this happen to you?

Just checked, and yes they start for me too right after hitting a thumbnail. Bitchute or Youtube. Could be a setting around somewhere that stops it. I tend to have anybody I "follow" on a tab with their video page so it doesn't affect me much. (Never had a Google account and it seems they don't notify you anyway so what's the point? I'll check it myself. 🤣)

2 hours ago, endgameaddiction said:

Wait, isn't that the normal behavior or am I missing something? Does the video open on the same page inside an IFrame or something?

Edited by bjornk

1 hour ago, bjornk said:

Wait, isn't that the normal behavior or am I missing something? Does the video open on the same page inside an IFrame or something?

Back on FF when I click on the thumbnail to the video, it wouldn't automatically play. And I don't mean the autoplay from Youtube you can enable/disable, which will play the next video on the list to the right of the page.

37 minutes ago, endgameaddiction said:

Back on FF when I click on the thumbnail to the video, it wouldn't automatically play. And I don't mean the autoplay from Youtube you can enable/disable, which will play the next video on the list to the right of the page.

Interesting, in all Firefox versions I currently have, videos start playing automatically and I don't recall changing the default behavior and allowing automatic video play. Perhaps you specifically disabled it as described in the link below or they changed the default setting in newer versions. I suppose I'd want videos to play automatically on Youtube cause I usually listen music on YT and disabling auto play might prevent my playlists from playing, which would be bad.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/block-autoplay

I've googled the issue a bit and it seems like people using Brave have some issues preventing videos from playing automatically. I personally wouldn't bother with Brave, which seems to have a much smaller community compared to FF or Chrome, if/when you have a problem with the browser it might be rather difficult to find a solution for it. Why don't you give the portable FF 74.0 a try? If you don't like it with the tweaks I posted above you can simply delete the folder, there's nothing to uninstall. I really wouldn't recommend it if I wasn't happy with it. You can then change the default auto play setting and block it. You can still keep Brave and other browsers on your PC.