THE CRINGE-WORTHY INTERNET THREAD

Kendo 2

Sad no one posted the Don Lemon Chris Cuomo CNN bit about the unvaxed. I'm unvaxed, and I worked in a pediatric office administering vaccines. The main reason is because they are pushing it to extreme limits which makes me very skeptical of it. When government starts mandating things, I become more hesitant. Much like the gun control issue, why do they need to ban guns? (Biden wants to ban all semi-autos, which means only revolvers and double barrel shotguns will be allowed) All that does is trigger my feelings of a coming communist revolution. Guess who gets killed first in that revolution? Like Mao, the landowners. Who are the landowners in this situation? Congressmen (all of them). So who will get knocked off first? The House of Representatives and the Senate, and definitely the White House. Do they not understand they are signing their own death warrants? Do they actually believe the true communists will leave them alone? Oh, btw, the moratorium on evictions is up on July 31st. Mass homelessness incoming in the following months (court cases have to come first prior). Papa Johns CEO says he knows of one franchise that pays their employees 35 USD an hour to make pizzas. Expect your pizza to cost 50 USD or more. Make sure you have some method in hunting small/large game, shit is about to hit the fuckin fan. 

I'm NOT worried about Kendo 2, he has his shit on lock. ;)

Edited by Alkpaz
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, vancleef said:

Got you a theme song performed by Todd and the boys!

I think I needed a theme song today! 😆😆

Regarding the incoming demonization of all who don't have the "vaccine", they're instating the vaccine passports here around August ... something or other. Basically restricts people from doing anything annoying like concerts or visiting museums. (Another reason not to visit any, thanks Authoritarians!) The one curious bit is you can't eat indoors without carrying another piece of idiotic identification. I'm told Moscow tried this recently and had to stop because all the restaurants were going out of business. (Haven't checked if that's true. Could be false.) We'll see how it goes here. Demonstrations all over the place. There have been large protests in both the cities closest to us. It's going to be a very interesting year.

So far, don't really give a damn. I hate crowds and if I can't eat out.... well.. more money saved! (Actually what's happening is suddenly NO restaurants in our area have indoor seating. The morons here expected the restaurant staff to do the policing! What is their next Galaxy Brained idea? 🤭) They're not restricting markets or anything. Though I figure if they're allowed to continue that will be next. Hello food delivery.

Stupid thing is, I'd have been open to taking the damn thing if somebody could show me what the benefit was for me personally. They sealed their fate when they started using coercion. I just don't react well to that. And since I'm already rural and don't like crowds... the hell with them. 🐲

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

Sad no one posted the Don Lemon Chris Cuomo CNN bit about the unvaxed. I'm unvaxed, and I worked in a pediatric office administering vaccines. The main reason is because they are pushing it to extreme limits which makes me very skeptical of it. When government starts mandating things, I become more hesitant. Much like the gun control issue, why do they need to ban guns? (Biden wants to ban all semi-autos, which means only revolvers and double barrel shotguns will be allowed) All that does is trigger my feelings of a coming communist revolution. Guess who gets killed first in that revolution? Like Mao, the landowners. Who are the landowners in this situation? Congressmen (all of them). So who will get knocked off first? The House of Representatives and the Senate, and definitely the White House. Do they not understand they are signing their own death warrants? Do they actually believe the true communists will leave them alone? Oh, btw, the moratorium on evictions is up on July 31st. Mass homelessness incoming in the following months (court cases have to come first prior). Papa Johns CEO says he knows of one franchise that pays their employees 35 USD an hour to make pizzas. Expect your pizza to cost 50 USD or more. Make sure you have some method in hunting small/large game, shit is about to hit the fuckin fan. 

I'm NOT worried about Kendo 2, he has his shit on lock. ;)

What a fucking moron, (guy on the  left. ) Yes, you have to be vaccinated for those items ... the difference if the dumb ass would just check is the Covid Vacine is for Emergency Use.. not FDA approved. I don't believe any has been approved in any country, but definitely not in the USA.  He might has well been arguing that cats are actually dogs.

I have been vaccinated. I had a good discussion with my doctor and for me, the benefits outweighed the potential drawbacks. I made my selection of vaccine based on the info on the science behind it. It was a very well informed decision.  I also know people who don't have the co-morbility factors and are very healthy and not expected to be high at risk if they contract the virus. They are making the educated choice to wait until it is FDA approved. Which should be sometime within a year from some of my sources. FDA is moving as fast as they can but they have to look over all the documentation, test and other factors before they can approve it. Much easier than the Emergency Use which basically means, it is expected to be more beneficial than HARMFUL to the vast majority that may require it's use.

I believe now that it is readily available and everybody has had an opportunity to take it. If someone wishes not to take it... then that is their choice. If they catch it and fall seriously ill due to it... then that is also their choice. Stop trying to protect people and inject your personal beliefs. Those that have taken it.. (like me) are also just as responsible for their choice if some side effect is found out later.

I have read some of the new documentation coming out and the possibility that people will have to go back to wearing mask even if vaccinated to "protect" others that aren't. WTF, seriously? This isn't communist China or Russia.. Once people has had the info, given an ample opportunity to get the vaccine if they so choose to do... that is the end of it.

Full disclosure.. I wore a mask early on well before it was required. I got some weird looks but FUCK YOU, was my attitude. I have some health issues that could have been serious if I caught it before vaccination. I wore it well after I was vaccinated because I got it earlier than many others I know and they didn't have the opportunity to get it at that time. To me this was  a fair and responsible act on my part. Even though evidence shown that it wasn't likely that a fully vaccinated person would spread it (as oppose to what they now are trying to say about the Delta)  It was early on and nobody truly had the info. IT hasn't been enough time to get the info to prove one way or another conclusively.  However, I will be dammed if they start to tell me to wear it now (for current as of today Covid status etc) even if it is heavy where I live.

IMO they shoot themselves in the feet every time they speak .. Early on, no you don't need a mask.. (so that they wouldn't run out for the hospitals etc.. .didn't give a fuck about the community. Didn't want a run on the surgical mask)  This is just one example of them jumping back and forth on their decisions without any real "Science" behind their decisions.  It appears as if they are trying to commit some sort of agenda...  separate from the science.  Then there is the "Scare Tactics"  they employ with numbers that are later proven to be bloated.  How do they expect us to follow their advice? Heed their warnings? When they spout bullshit?

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, vancleef said:

All I want to know is why the fuck did we spend billions of taxpayer dollars on vaccines if all anyone needs is a 50 cent mask?

Ah that is the rub... it is .50 cents but that is per use. These are one time use mask. The $$$$ spent during the main covid period ... well I am sure those companies that makes those supplies made a mint to put it mildly.

It was good to spend the money to get the vaccine, many did get it. Many are still going but not at the numbers as previously counted. However, my issue is the 10's of millions of dollars being spent for the vaccine when the evidence is being shown even with all their hyype about the Delta virus being worse etc... there are less and less people getting it and more and more is just being wasted. Like tones of $$$ just expiring and being wasted. (not completely going through an entire bottle due to not having enough people to vaccinate and wasting it. is another form of waste, which to those that work at a hospital know this is normal and expected. I am talking about the cases and such that never even get opened.

• Like 2

Coming to a national level near you. 

Edit: Oh, that makes it okay then. 

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/688435-gaming-pc-ban-california-colorado-hawaii-oregon-vermont-washington

"Update: The ban targets PCs with high power consumption when idle. Provided a powerful PC has a power supply that is able to lower the power usage enough while idle, it will satisfy the CEC energy efficiency requirements. However, PCs using a power supply that still uses a lot of power while idle will be banned in certain states."

gaming.png.df506dd72bd39674b2221e7f5eefda41.png

Ah, so this is how they win the console vs PC war: 

"According to one Redditor, Dell refuses to deliver PCs containing a Ryzen 5800 CPU and an Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti GPU. In the future, as components presumably become even more power-hungry, more potential builds could be taken off the table. Games consoles like the Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5 aren’t coming under fire, however, which could lead to an increase in adoption rates."

I think I remember this from history. Gun banning wasn't completely banned but certain modifications of a gun were banned. Therefore Democrats are not banning guns just certain modifications of it. Don't worry, go back to sleep little sheep.

Today: "We are not banning all guns, just semi-automatic firing."

Later: "We are not banning all guns just center fire rounds." 

Even Later: "We are not banning all guns, just those who use gunpowder encased in a metal container." 

Super future: "We are banning all guns." 

Edited by Alkpaz
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Nessa said:

Also I'm curious about servers. Those things have to remain always on by design. Are they banning THAT too? 😆

Don't give them any ideas. :P Although, I can see where it would benefit, they clearly can't stop internet material so they will slowly regulate how we get information. Much like North Korea they maintain control by not allowing the citizens in one town communicate with another, so that if there is an uprising in one there isn't one in another. China does it much differently due to their population by creating companies that only allow certain content and anything not party approved gets a 404 or other error. Big Tech is trying all they can, but they don't control all of it yet. So I think they are trying to try a different take and limit the hardware itself. A little far fetched, and I could be dead wrong on this and it could be nothing more than just some hyped up "progressives". 

• Agree 1

https://www.msnbc.com/hallie-jackson/watch/missouri-governor-pardons-couple-who-waved-guns-at-protesters-117894213982

The reported stated... "peaceful protesters"...  She should be ashamed of herself. Don't take my word for it... The BBC another reporting organization covers all aspects of the news related to this, including the fact that these "peaceful protesters" destroyed a fence at at least a minimum, was trespassing on private property. (though not their property) as the BBC article made sure was included.  Also, for weeks news outlets were showing all the burning an looting MLB was doing across the country. It would be perfectly reasonable to be afraid that could and likely would happen to you.

So, the news reporters don't have an agenda?  Yea right... I can't trust a fucking thing that comes out of any US based major news agency and haven't been able to trust them for several years.

https://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2020-53891184

Now they want to impeach the Governor for pardoning them. But they plead guilty... So fucking what.  They were being used as a scape goat and was going to get the book thrown at them of course him being a Lawyer knew it was going to get a whole lot worse if they didn't plead guilty. It is actually the same process police do to minorities or others that they don't like... pile on the shit then offer them a lifeline if they agree .. Proper representation, Only want the guilty.. yea right... .Pull my other leg. There are good, hell great people in the policing and DA... however, not enough in my opinion. In all honesty, even a honest law abiding person should be terrified if they are pulled in for questioning.

One of the best videos on this subject I have ever watched.

I remember this time, the "peaceful protesters" were burning police cars, tearing down statues and damaging private property in multiple states.  A friend of the family stayed with my mother (armed of course) in case they decided to move down her street and try to destroy or steal from her. Never happened, but it was a genuine fear.

The issue that they did was point the guns at the people. Anyone with any experience with guns and respect for them knows better than to point at someone unless you are actually going to fire. The photos clearly show that that wasn't the case, (with the lax handling of the gun especially by the woman) . 

I remember this time quite well... the family friend wouldn't have pointed the gun at the crowd.  He would have waited until the first mother fucker decided to throw a molotov cocktail and shot him dead.

IMO, should they get off scott free? No, community service etc perhaps due to the fact they were pointing at people. No evidence was available to show the need to escalate the encounter. If I am familiar with Mo laws.  they had a right to protect their property with lethal force like that.

this is the reason I believe the Governor pardoned them.

full disclosure, I have family in MO but I don't live there.  Also my mother doesn't live there either.

• Agree 1

So... was setting up Stellaris for a new game and I noticed the devs had United Nations of Earth! Only they sure screwed up on setting it up. Originally they set it up as fanatic egalitarian and a "beacon" of liberty!? Well that's a bunch of bull that needed fixing:

Spoiler

Oligarchy, Authoritarian and Materialistic sounds about right. Definitely a police state! And hell yes on the shadow council!

ONE.thumb.jpg.efaa9502f43dc11d8fd713257fd91630.jpg

Then I was looking at human species traits. Adaptive, Nomadic, and Wasteful? That doesn't sound like the humans I hear about today. Fixed that too:

Spoiler

image.png.ee67838480a9c997b72e5534aca0d7b9.png

That's about right. 🤣

🐲

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Kendo 2 said:

On 7/14/2021 at 10:14 AM, bjornk said:

Ashal and his dickhead moderators are of the same mind, have always been, and that's why he's been keeping them, that's why they can be so reckless and insolent, that's why they tell people to "take things to Ashal", they know very well that he won't give a fuck either. Fuck LL.

And by the way, this isn't at all specific to LL. I've used Internet for the past 30 years and what I've always seen is that forum owners always pick up people with similar views and mindsets as moderators and their increasing popularity strengthen their views and they become more adamant in their attitudes and actions. Guess that's the nature of this thing, and this forum is no exception either, as you will no doubt notice as it gets more popular.

45 minutes ago, bjornk said:

Title in large font: Upload a mod and WIN AN 3070TI!!!
Title In small font: *a chance to win an 3070TI
In details: **not even a fair draw.

They wouldn't have to deal with this if they weren't such a hard liner on the "we own your mods" policy.  I love what some have started to do.. keep their old mods there  but post the new updates elsewhere.  he mods list down loader thing won't work well that way and have missing features. that or they will have to go and actually edit and update and steal the codes and such to update the mods they are including as I have heard they made changes to make them compatible.  Good way to end up on a law suit.