THE CRINGE-WORTHY INTERNET THREAD

Kendo 2

6 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

Look at this bute: 

"I get that in the sense of people whining about "first world problems" like not being able to buy anything they want at the Holidays because of supply chain issues which are the result of Pandemic problems."

- From Psalam [ https://www.loverslab.com/topic/66595-whats-on-your-mind/page/152/#comments ]

So, inflation is a Pandemic problem? You can tell right off the bat what side this guy sits on. What is worse is that this guy is in his 60s. (mentioned he was retiring) and a pediatric doctor, no less. Guess he never watched this video:

https://youtu.be/KVwm-KJvGzk

You have ass kissers over there thanking him for saving lives. Um, a general pediatrician doesn't "save lives" a neonatologist does, and other specialty doctors do, but a general practice physician hardly ever does. But, what do I know? I just come from a family of physicians, as well as being an office manager (over 12yrs) for my own mother, who was a physician (she is retired and unvaxxed (from COVID) and in her 70s). 

BTW, I noticed they took Greg (moderator) out. The lone conservative voice over there. That should also tell you something.

Pay is the problem for supply problems.  Shortages on the docks for the ships to come in. there is plenty of "supplies" out on the water just waiting to be unloaded. Yesterday I saw an news video from a owner of a company stating it took 3 months to get something shipped to a country. Now it takes 3 months to get a container reserved, and another 6 months for it to be delivered.

In some ways, I have to laugh at some of the corporations for moving their companies overseas instead of keeping some local to help supply the local areas. now they are crying that they can't get their product into port.  People are trying to keep pay crazy low while trying to raise the prices ... if my info was correct inflation was at 6% in the past couple of months.  Many companies are making record profits more so than the past 50 years but still keep the prices up blaming "covid" and shortages.  Cry that nobody wants to work, cry for the added unemployment pay given during covid.  Think about it. more money given so that people can survive... doesn't that tell you that your expected wage pay out for your employees are insanely low?  The GOVERNMENT is giving more. TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC not special pork deals and corporations and such.

Recently Kellogg is breaking an union... to pay lower wages, from what I have heard they are making great profits if not record breaking. 

Supply chain issues are caused by cooperate greed. Failure to pay a reasonable wadge. People aren't stupid. They see the record pay outs for CEOs and record returns on publicly traded companies.  The sad thing is these companies are raising the prices and gouging the communities they serve without any thing being done about it.  you can boycott a company or two but you can't boycott everything (easily... )

Most companies it isn't necessary... https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dan-price-gravity-payments-ceo-70000-employee-minimum-wage/

People aren't even asking for that. Just a good living wage. Pay the people a good wage and the rest should take care of itself. .. oh.. and get off that covid restrictions .. they are going way overboard on it.  There is a vaccination and if someone doesn't want it... then so be it.  They are adults and and able to take the responsibility for their actions. Those that do, can easily get it (in most countries... sad that some of the more impoverished can't get enough for those that want it. .. (possibly because those countries that have it are trying to shove it down the throats of everybody there and ending up wasting it. Instead of filling the demand.  ) 

Rant over.. :P

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ritualclarity said:

... if my info was correct inflation was at 6% in the past couple of months. 

6% sounds better month over month than 14% 

The problem with raising wages is that it is a downward spiral. Every time they increase minimum wage everything else goes up in value along with it. I think I heard Dan Bongino say, a few years ago, that it reduces the value of the dollar so badly you spend more on common goods when you factor in the inflation. 

The problem now is the price of diesel, it is hovering above 3 USD/gal in Texas. What that means is the goods being trucked across the country will cost more to adjust for the increase in gas prices. Minimum wage was never supposed to be used as a livable wage, it was used to pay people still in college (or younger) so they get experience. You can fault corporations for using it as a livable wage, it was never intended to be a UBI or anything like that. 

9 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

6% sounds better month over month than 14% 

The problem with raising wages is that it is a downward spiral. Every time they increase minimum wage everything else goes up in value along with it. I think I heard Dan Bongino say, a few years ago, that it reduces the value of the dollar so badly you spend more on common goods when you factor in the inflation. 

The problem now is the price of diesel, it is hovering above 3 USD/gal in Texas. What that means is the goods being trucked across the country will cost more to adjust for the increase in gas prices. Minimum wage was never supposed to be used as a livable wage, it was used to pay people still in college (or younger) so they get experience. You can fault corporations for using it as a livable wage, it was never intended to be a UBI or anything like that. 

True...  if it keeps up it will be like Venezuela.  you need a wheelbarrow to buy a loaf of bread.  The problem started when companies started trying to pay low for all their jobs... previously, they would pay an "adult' wadge where someone would be able to live and those that had "minimum wage" would be those college students and those that just want a little extra. Those times you'd work maybe 15 to max 20 hours a week.  When corporations started trying to take that and make it a "job" is when the shit started happening.

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/inflation/current-inflation-rates/

Inflation source.

The better choice for people would be having those companies and billionaires to pay their fair share of taxes.

Create programs that penalize corporations for extremely low wadges. Goes ofter companies that break unions like Kellogg just recentlydid. Previously, there would be a government mediator. Where is Biden? someone needed to wake him from his nap and get him to do something about that.  What is the use of organizing if the companies can basically say fuck you, we tell you what will be the wages and benifits .. we don't give a fuck about your union. We will just hire people that will be willing to work for dog shit.

• Agree 1

Biden goes for his 'I feel your pain' photo op after the Kentucky tornadoes and a few people greet him with 'Let's go Bradon'...and it's caught on national TV.  Three guys chanting ain't much in the midst of the chaos BUT the media's reaction makes it better.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Nessa said:

Giant Kites That Drag Cargo Ships Across Oceans Go on Trial

The least they can do is just go back to sailing vessels. Then at least we'd have pretty ships. 🤣 🤣

Wooden sailing vessels where a good percentage died on board due to disease. Fighting climate change and overpopulation. But don't expect the elites to stop using their mega-yachts. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

Great video, and saddening at the same time. 

And some 12 Days of Christmas erm Brandon. 

My brother was ranting the other day about how he thought this whole "shortage and transportation problem" was a scam by Big Business. I thought he was a Conspiracy Nut.
Today, I may owe him an apology...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/17/2021 at 12:29 PM, Nessa said:

Giant Kites That Drag Cargo Ships Across Oceans Go on Trial

The least they can do is just go back to sailing vessels. Then at least we'd have pretty ships. 🤣 🤣

Pretty sure that if my ancestor, who came over to Jamestown in 1611, was alive today, he'd say, "Are you fucking kidding me? I HAD to spend 6 weeks on a boat! YOU have a choice!"

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, vancleef said:

My brother was ranting the other day about how he thought this whole "shortage and transportation problem" was a scam by Big Business. I thought he was a Conspiracy Nut.
Today, I may owe him an apology...

Not just Big Business but Big Tech has been buying up farms as well: 

Indians successfully thwarted Big Tech this time. Even hippies see it. 

You are not alone though, in seeing the light in once were conspiracy theories now becoming fact:

It is less than a minute long, probably because he had to admit Alex Jones was right all along, the rest is advert. 

I won't pull up a Tim Pool video because I know endgameaddiction doesn't like it, but he had a video today where he shows someone being arrested in a Panera Bread located in NYC for not having proof of vaccination status. (He was arrested for "trespassing". ) Still think it is a NYC-only problem? 

Denied food because of being non-vaxxed. Taken out of the market (not store) for "trespassing". How are peaceful protests going to solve all these countries depicted in this one clip?? I have no clue. I don't see it getting better, and the worse it gets, I fear people will bow down even faster, like they did 80yrs ago. Does kinda give credence to the whole NWO idea. 

(Also, I watch wayyy too much of this daily, it gets me pretty jaded. Would not recommend)

Oh, and the wooden ship/climate change comment I made was me being sarcastic. Obviously, I don't think we should go back to using wooden sailing vessels. 

Edited by Alkpaz
  • Agree 1

Also, I watch wayyy too much of this daily, it gets me pretty jaded. Would not recommend

Yeah I have to take news breaks as well. Getting ugly out there on almost all levels. Though there are occasional nuggets of good news. A city here saying "no more", another court saying vax passports are illegal, more graffiti calling for Nuremberg 2.0. 🐲

10 hours ago, Alkpaz said:

Oh, and the wooden ship/climate change comment I made was me being sarcastic. Obviously, I don't think we should go back to using wooden sailing vessels. 

I think all the people so concerned about carbon credits should take sailing vessels. But not the original attractive ones. Oh no, some brutalist gray thing made out of plastic. And no electricity. Or internet. And don't tell them how to sail. They can "learn on the job". 🐲

Let them regress to the stone age while the rest of humanity moves forward. 😆

• Haha 2

Oh about the market thing.... here they've taken to doing something pretty smart. They get about 30 to 40 people. They all swarm a market without masks, get their stuff, buy it, and leave. Not enough man-power to arrest so many. Although they're not trying to stop people without the super duper fascist pass from markets. Yet.

Also a lot more restaurants are just refusing to enforce a thing. Even so far as putting up signs. When the polizia show up they run them off. 🤣

Edited by Nessa
  • Like 3

We have a bakery in our county owned and operated by a Lesbian couple. You'd think they would be toeing the Liberal line. Believe it or not, they were one of the first to implement a "No vax, No problem" policy. They have been one of the most vocal "business first" voices in our area.

My brother is a member of the local Stagehand's Union and after the latest decision in NYC to close Broadway again, the Union officers are screaming for politicians' heads.

Gives me hope.

• Like 3

On 12/21/2021 at 10:08 AM, Nessa said:

Yeah I have to take news breaks as well. Getting ugly out there on almost all levels. Though there are occasional nuggets of good news. A city here saying "no more", another court saying vax passports are illegal, more graffiti calling for Nuremberg 2.0. 🐲

I think all the people so concerned about carbon credits should take sailing vessels. But not the original attractive ones. Oh no, some brutalist gray thing made out of plastic. And no electricity. Or internet. And don't tell them how to sail. They can "learn on the job". 🐲

Let them regress to the stone age while the rest of humanity moves forward. 😆

In the beginning when there wasn't any treatment options and people were being put on a ventilator just to keep them alive. (shortages and all) this made sense. These rules and such made sense, at least to me.  Now that they realized they don't have to put most of the covid patients on ventilators and have other options that actually work much better. Combined with the vaccination options for those that it makes sense and desire it... I don't see the need for such extreme level of prevention.  Where I work three are some that have tested positive for covid... get sent home and now are playing games together on the web. Seriously, it is a mini vacation for some of them. Sure some feel sick (like a very bad flu) but it has been a long time since I heard the horror stories about people with covid being sick (I believe all those individuals were vaccinated by the way. My job offered good $$$ for proof of vaccination which participated in)

As for the Broadway scene. What ever happened to the temp checks? Remember? Early on everybody was on the bandwagon to be temp checked and if you didn't have a temp you were OK...  Also, I don't see the military involved in medical preparations  in NYC. Like they needed when the Covid stated first time. All I see is shops popping up to do Covid test. Everywhere is a covid test around where I live. People are making mad money just doing these test. Crazy.

Ill be honest, I am all for precautions (reasonable ones) for example I started wearing a mask at work shortly before the petri dishes went back to school thinking of course covid will get a bump.  Shortly later (about a week) my local government imposed a mask requirement for entering shops and such. Ok... but I haven't seen the issues that everybody was so concerned about in regards to the petri dishes going back to school so why is the mandate still on?  Power trip is all I can think of.  After all, I and many I know are fully capable of wearing a mask if we decide it is in our best interest to do so.  Companies can provide sanitizer for their customers in easy to access places. So that people can sanitize their hands if they feel the need.  I am concerned because I have some health issues and want to protect myself. I take my precautions and care. However, I don't see the need for all this shutdowns and mandatory mask and other shit. I went through the entire 2020 hell year, with dozens and dozens of people I work with getting Covid and I didn't due to my precautions and care.  Early on covid had a slightly higher death rate than Flu which makes sense considering humans didn't have exposure to this illness and no defenses to it. Now we do (via vaccines if taken) Early on we didn't have treatment options which now we do.. I am confused to fuck all why they are still trying to do the same things they did back in 2020 when we didn't have what we have now, except if it is a power play by people afraid of living their lives. that or just paranoid. In any case, it is getting annoying to someone that has a concern with the virus and has done what was needed to protect themselves. So much to a point when I read shit like shutting down the theater I have to say FUCK YOU. It is time to let people take care of themselves and make the decisions they believe is in their best interest.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2